View Poll Results: What does your Significant Other think of your hair?

Voters
752. You may not vote on this poll
  • He/She/It loves my hair!

440 58.51%
  • He/She/It likes it well enough, I guess.

168 22.34%
  • He/She/It hates it, but doesn't say much.

15 1.99%
  • He/She/It hates it and says so regularly.

5 0.66%
  • He/She/It doesn't care one way or the other.

108 14.36%
  • He/She/It wishes my hair were made of cheese.

61 8.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: What does your S.O. Think about your hair?

Length
    SL/WL-HL/CL
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Default Re: What does your S.O. Think about your hair?

Double post (sorry!) because I forgot to add something! He usually says I look like an elf when my hair is down, which is honestly the best compliment I've ever gotten.

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Iím single butÖ the guy I kind of have a crush on complimented my hair the other day so I was quite happy 😉

Length
    5/22/35+
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

Fortunately, my girlfriend lets me do whatever I want with my hair, but with one condition: I don't grow a man bun. Fortunately, the man bun does not interest me, and at least right now, I not only want my hair to be long, but I also want it to look long!!!

He thinks that shorter hair looks good on me, but with it longer, he doesn't mind/care either.

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Found myself thinking about this thread today because, S/O to my SO (lol): he is the only reason I'm growing my hair right now. About a month and a half ago, I was super frustrated with and tired of my hair, which was a little below BSL. I was having a lot of trouble keeping some short, fluffy bits in line (resulting from both breakage and regrowth from handling my hair poorly and who knows what else), had a lot of split ends, etc., and I started going through old pictures of my chin-length bob... I was giving myself a much-needed trim which put me at pretty much exactly BSL, and I seriously almost impulse chopped to chin, but he encouraged me to give it two weeks (funny enough, he had never heard of the two-week rule!). During that two weeks, I made a silk hair wrap for sleeping which calmed down the worst of the fuzzies, leaned back into stretching washes more seriously which also helped with the fluff, and basically, got my hair to a place I can actually live with. Instead of chopping, I decided to get serious about growing it and hop on the LHC! I used to lurk on this forum when my hair was long in high school, but had never joined.

tl;dr, he has said multiple times that he likes my hair at any length, but he knows me well enough to know that I would have regretted cutting three years of growth off in a split-second decision.
    Last edited by alewyn; February 25th, 2022 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Typos...

Length
    10 in/10 in/36 in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

He hates the shedding hahaha. He actually likes my hair in pixie styles, but doesn't mind it longer. He just says, "whatever makes you happy."

Length
    Short/APL/Term
    Type
    2a/M/iii

My wife likes my hair well enough. Although, she’s always telling me how jealous she is of the volume I have :3

He loves it but he calls me a hippie because of all the oil/random stuff I put in it, plus I hold off on washes ( he's also not completely wrong with the hippie thing, I drag stuff home from the woods all the time).
    He also thinks that I'm a *bit* obsessed with it.

Length
    17/34/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

My husband loves my hair more than me... He's wanted me to grow it out since we met when I was 18 years old and now at 48 it's finally at a length that makes him very happy. Thankfully he never pressured me or made me feel bad when I kept it short but he's a lot more complimentary about it now.
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    CBL/Hip/~TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

My bf doesn't care or really even notice anything I do with my hair. I can wear it straight, cut in heavy bangs, or even wear it in tight curls but he won't notice! However, whenever I make general comments like about how long it takes for my hair to dry after a wash etc., he just resorts to suggesting that I can just get a short haircut. It sort of bothers me because I've mentioned many times that I'm definitely not into short hair on myself

I get lots of nice compliments about my hair IRL at this point, so I've come to realize it's "pretty" (had insecurity issues growing up, especially when I didn't know how to care for my hair type) and so it's a bit hurtful (though maybe that's not the right word to use) to hear his same short haircut suggestions. Anyway, makes me think that he himself is into short hair on women, or wants me specifically to not have long hair in general. Sigh. Buuuut whatever, it's not like it's a big topic!

Quote Originally Posted by sipnsun View Post
    My husband loves my hair more than me... He's wanted me to grow it out since we met when I was 18 years old and now at 48 it's finally at a length that makes him very happy. Thankfully he never pressured me or made me feel bad when I kept it short but he's a lot more complimentary about it now.
    Off topic but that's so adorable that you've been together for so long! Wow, sounds like a fairytale to really grow with someone for that long.
    📎 Heat-free straightening!
    *Would like to mention that I'm not the best at subscribing to threads and keeping up, so if I never reply etc. feel free to PM me instead!