Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alright hair gods and gurus, a challenge

Default Alright hair gods and gurus, a challenge

I have been trying for years to figure out how to do that ribbony grecian hairstyle. You know the one i'm talking about.... where the hair is piled somehow on top of the head and held in place by ribbons, clean living and righteous thoughts... My attempts have been - sad. Very sad.
    Any thoughts? And more importantly pics? This is the holy grail of hair styles for me and I was hoping one of you would know something.

And by holy grail I mean that once I have it I will put it in a lovely cupboard and show it off but never actually use it!! You know like the rest of the good china! LOL. Seriously though, I would love to hear from you guys

Length
    50"/60"/floor
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kara/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]more like this

http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/0/L/E/Promup.JPG
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kara/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kara/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kara/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]

Length
    bsl/waist/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Except for the second, the links don't appear to be working.

Greetings

katharine

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MotherConfessor View Post
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kara/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]more like this

http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/0/L/E/Promup.JPG
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kara/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kara/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kara/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]
    You can't link pics straight from your hard drive, you have to upload them online first. There's a good thread about this in the support boards.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherConfessor View Post
    I have been trying for years to figure out how to do that ribbony grecian hairstyle. You know the one i'm talking about.... where the hair is piled somehow on top of the head and held in place by ribbons, clean living and righteous thoughts... My attempts have been - sad. Very sad.
    Any thoughts? And more importantly pics? This is the holy grail of hair styles for me and I was hoping one of you would know something.

And by holy grail I mean that once I have it I will put it in a lovely cupboard and show it off but never actually use it!! You know like the rest of the good china! LOL. Seriously though, I would love to hear from you guys

*giggles uncontrollably*

Any hair style that depends on clean living and righteous thoughts to hold in place wouldn't last in my hair for more than . . . um . . . 15 minutes? Hee hee!

So how come after reading your description of said hairstyle am I oddly compelled to sport this hairstyle myself?

Took an arrow in the knee Alaia's Avatar
    Length
    APL/~TB/Knee!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

That sort of thing is, especially with long hair, held up by something other than just the bands.

The closest I've ever done is putting my hair in a bun and then winding ribbon around my head twice.
    Lady Aineldiel of the Three-Fated Path in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TB - Classic - Fingertip - Knee!

Length
    27/41/45
    Type
    2c/M/ii

There are instructions for exactly the hairstyle you want in the Curly Girl book... unfortunately, my CG book is at home, and I'm at school, so I can't tell you how to do it. But maybe the next time you're in a bookstore, you can find it and look for the style? Or, someone else on the boards probably has the book, too, and can tell you.

Length
    buzz/hip/hip
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Is this something like what you mean?

"What do we want? GRADUAL CHANGE! When do we want it? IN DUE COURSE!"

I'm trying to remember what hairstyle I used to do with ribbons. I think I braided the ribbon in my hair with ends long enough to be tied (one end at the top of the braid, one at the bottom) and then tied it around my head with a bow in the back. Then I pinned it to keep it up, Ithink.

levelek, that's beautiful! How did you do that?

Bonnie