Thread: Newbie!

Length
    20/28/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Unhappy Newbie!

Hi everyone! I have been reading this website for a while and now just joined after it has been rebooted! I started by doing CO washing, adding some ACV rinse too. While my wavy hair has gotten lots of moisture this way, the unfortunate news is that I have more dandruff than ever . I have had dandruff problems for a while now. I have tried aloe vera gel, listerine, ACV, and it's still an issue. I sometimes use sulfate shampoo, and trying to get sulfate free. I have never used shampoo bars so I don't know if it will work. I have been oiling my hair with parachute coconut oil, vatika, or some other type of special indian hair oil. What can I do to get rid of dandruff? I like CO washing but it's not helping the dandruff Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Length
    17"/30"/50"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Hi - and welcome first of all
    I would recommend you to post your question in the Mane-forum - few members check the "New? Start Here"-forum for questions like these so you'll get a lot more responses in the Mane-forum..

Also, if you could determine your hair type and put it in your profile it would help.. You wrote that you'd been around for a while, also before the old forum went down, so I don't know how much you know about this place in general - but you're welcome to ask if you have any questions regarding your profile, hair typing etc..
    - "If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable"

Took an arrow in the knee Alaia's Avatar
    Length
    APL/~TB/Knee!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Hello and welcome!

It is probably better to post the dandruff thing in the Mane Forum, but before you do, perhaps do a search and see what you can turn up. I think it's not an unknown thing to get more dandruff from COing, to be honest, and perhaps it simply means CO is not for you! But go and have a look anyway...

Have fun!
    Lady Aineldiel of the Three-Fated Path in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TB - Classic - Fingertip - Knee!