View Poll Results: Why do you wash your hair often?

Voters
873. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have very oily/thin hair

357 40.89%
  • "Cleanliness is next to godliness!" - I like having freshly washed hair

258 29.55%
  • My hair seems to demand water because it is dry/curly

117 13.40%
  • I have scalp issues that make frequent washes necessary

186 21.31%
  • If I vote, can I have a bit of cheese?

181 20.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: To those who wash daily or every other day

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default To those who wash daily or every other day

There seems to be some truth in the statement that frequent washing is not good for hair health. That said, some of us can't go long between washes. I personally like to wash my hair every day, for cleanliness and moisturizing as well. I probably should feel guilty about it, but I don't. I guess even when my hair is long enough to do scalp-washes only, I will do those daily.
    So, those who wash daily/every other day: what are your reasons for not stretching time between washes?

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I sometimes go 3 or 4 days between washes, but a lot of times I have to wash every other day. Its not because my scalp is oily or anything, my hair just seems to be happier that way. After 2 or 3 days, my hair is just flat, tangly, lifeless and looks like crap, even if I oil it and use leave-ins.
    Once I get hair my used to poo bars (if that ever happens) I may be able to figure out a better routine or maybe CO in between poo bars, but for right now my routine seems to be like this: Wash with poo bar. Hate hair for a day or two and wear updos until I give up and use GR S&C. Love hair for 2 or 3 days until I decide its time to experiment with a poo bar again.
    My hair loves the GR S&C, but even when Im just using that I have to wash evert 2-3 days or my hair just doesnt look good.
    Last edited by Ohio Sky; April 4th, 2008 at 11:31 AM.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I wash nearly every day (CO 5 days a week, shampoo 1, no wash 1). I can't stretch it. I really, really want to. But, due to scalp and oil issues... I can't seem to do it.

I tried to wash every other day for over a month... And the oil drove me bananas. I tried to stretch to every 3 days and my scalp revolted. It itched so bad that I scratched it bloody in my sleep... There are still stains on my pillow case...

Length
    24/28/33.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Really hard to skip a day. Just so oily, especially if I brush.
    [URL="http://Hair1.jpg"][SIGPIC]

Length
    42/10/50
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

I usually wash ever 3 days now, I used to do it every other day. I love having soft, fresh smelling hair though and so does my hubby! So I voted the Cleanliness option!

iIwash my hair daily because I have a very oily scalp. I have tried leaving everything over the years (stretching washes, CO wash, water only, less shampoo, a dusting of oil absorbing powder, cold water rinse, vinegar etc) yet nothing ever works for me. I can actually feel the oil on my scalp by dinner time. Its always been like this for me and Im in perfect health. It seems my scalp just will not co-operate. If only I could have some of those natural oils for the rest of my body.....nature can be a bit unfair sometimes, LOL

Length
    7/BSL/IDK
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Every other day, due to scalp issues, seems to be about right for me.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I didn't vote but I'll say I like having freshly washed hair. I used to wash every day so going to every other day is cutting the number of washes in half. Once in a while I'll go a third day if I'm not going anywhere.

I am not here to decorate your world

I wash every second day. CWC once a week and scalp washes in between. Sometimes if I think the ends need conditioning mid-week, I'll smear a small amount of conditioner mixed with aloe vera gel onto the end of my braid and then rinse it out after 5-10 minutes. This keeps my ends happy and washing every second day keeps my scalp happy.

Several months ago I had a cyst removed from my head and wasn't allowed to wash until the stitches came out. I thought it would be a good opportunity to stretch washings out, but it didn't work. The oil and accompanying lankness drove me crazy!

I admire those that only wash once a week but I think everyone has to find what suits them.

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I wash every day. My hair isn't dried out, falling out, having fits, breakage, frizz, tangles (keep going) because of it. Its just fine and happy dandy.

My hair got messed up trying alternatives to washing, but not from washing, go figure!
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!