View Poll Results: Why do you wash your hair often?

Voters
873. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have very oily/thin hair

357 40.89%
  • "Cleanliness is next to godliness!" - I like having freshly washed hair

258 29.55%
  • My hair seems to demand water because it is dry/curly

117 13.40%
  • I have scalp issues that make frequent washes necessary

186 21.31%
  • If I vote, can I have a bit of cheese?

181 20.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: To those who wash daily or every other day

Length
    10"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I shampoo every second day because i love the clean fresh feeling. I am very lean cut and sharp. I could never leave the house with uncombed greasy hair, thats just not me. I always look sophisticated and clean
    "A Kind Answer Turns Away Anger" NKJ Version
    Previous Journal at the LHC Archives

Length
    shldr/bsl/tb
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I wash daily or every other day just because my hair and scalp seem to like it. My scalp doesn't seem to get extremely oily or anything, just 'weird'. I mainly do a scalp wash, then smooth the suds through the remainder of it.

I tried CO-washing only (attempting CG routine), and my hair was just SO limp. It didn't seem to matter what kind of CO I used either. It's just happier with a little bit of a wash frequently.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I couldn't really find an option for me....but, i'd like to wash daily because of this experiment i'm meant to be doing but i'm used to washing weekly or longer. The thing is i just can't be bothered to do it so the closest i get is every other day.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I get it wet just about every day and condition it. I only CO wash, but I only do that and scrub like that every 2-3 days. Any longer and I start to get scalp grossness.

My hair seems to demand water because it is dry/curly
    Yep! It never gets tired of water and more conditioner.

Length
    long/55.5/long
    Type
    2c/C/iii

I don't always wash everyday or every other day but simply because I cannot tolerate wet hair. Sometimes I just want to have happy and moisturized hair and I wash and CO everyday and I'm having one of those days now. My hair loves to get washed and conditioned because it's very dry and wurly

I like the feeling of freshly cleaned hair. I wet my hair daily then condition it. I try to shampoo only as needed (when hair has build up or is oily). Right now, I am shampooing every 3 days but I am trying to go to every 7 days.

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Since puberty I was an everyday washer - unless I wasn't going anywhere, then I might skip a day. Since joining LHC I've stretched my washes out to every second day, though I sometimes need to wash my bangs in between.

Sometimes, I may: 1st day CWC; 2nd day bang wash only or nothing; 3rd day scalp wash; 4th day CWC. It depends on time allowances on wash days.

Usually I wash at night, because I have quite thick hair and it takes ages to dry.

I have an oily scalp, and dry ends.

I don't feel guilty about it. I'm slightly envious of people who don't need to wash their hair as frequently as I do, but there is no point having long hair unless I think it looks nice, and what works for me works for me. Also, when I had a pixie I had to wash and style *that* everyday, so I'm getting a bit of a break now

-- Natalie

Length
    neck/BSL/hip
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I wash every other day, sometimes every 4th morning because my hair gets dry (causing tangles, splits, then damage) if I go too long w/out washing/soaking it.

Type
    1b/F/ii

My hair gets greasy if I don't wash it frequently. I can just about manage two days (don't look at my head in the evening) but if I wait a third day I don't feel like I want to be seen in public. My hair is very fine and goes greasy and lank and dark if it's not clean. I'm also not in a situation, career wise, where I want to be seen with dirty hair all the time. It's just better all around if I wash every day or two.

Length
    30/30/32+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I can go 3-4 days max without a wash, then the smell of my scalp and the itchiness of my scalp drive me crazy. Then I have to wash.