Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video tutorial question

Length
    11/47/60
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Question Video tutorial question

Howdy, ya'll. So, as some of you know, I have a page over on ye olde you tube where I post video tutorials of various hairstyles that I've figured out. I also do requests from time to time, if I can figure out how to do them, and generally try to keep my viewing public happy.

So, here's the thing. I'm running out of hairstyles. Now, I know quite a few styles that I haven't done tutorials on, but I learned all of those styles from this very community. When I have borrowed a hairstyle in the past, I always make sure to acknowledge the person who came up with it and give them credit for the original hairstyle. So, here's my question: Do you think it would be okay to make video tutorials of some of the pictorial hairstyles featured here, letting everyone know where I got it and giving credit where it is due, or would that be stepping on toes?

I've sent quite a few of my subscribers over here already to the style section, but many of them have come back asking for video tutorials. I am somewhat at a loss and just don't know what I should do. So, why not ask, right? It never hurts to ask, and if ya'll think that tutorials of others' hairstyles is inappropriate then I'll not do them. If you think it would be okay as long as credit is given, then I can make my subscribers happy. So, I'm leaving it up to you, as you ladies are thoughtful and wise and such and give really good advice. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and help me out. I really appreciate it!

Default Re: Video tutorial question

Hey Torrin. You may recognize me from LJ. Anyhow, I know that I've tried several hairstyles in the past and didn't get it until I looked over your tutorials! So I'm ALL for creating more! You do a great job! Since folks here are always promoting education about hair styles and healthy care, I don't see why not.
    ~Claire.
    Lady Salket, Protector of the Sacred Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I figure if you ask the person who wrote the tutorial and it's all good then, well, it's all good!

Length
    23/30/31
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Hi Torrin! I'm subscribed to you over on ye olde you tube, and I love watching your videos

You're very down to earth, and you seem like the kind of person I'd like to be friends with in real life.

I'm of the opinion that you should try every hairstyle you can find. It's actually really very nice of you to ask first, it's not like there are copyrights on the way you can do your hair

Length
    20in/32in/52in
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

I agree with Gumball, if you can get the ok from the originator of the tutorial then all is good. I also feel that if you make every effort to contact them and there is no response, in a reasonable amount of time, I would still go for it. But that is just my

On the edge of my forest!

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

New subscriber!

It'll take me a long while to get through all the videos but I'm workin' on it!

Ya know, I've always been really curious about those hairstyles they have in the old Chinese movies and TV shows but I'm having an impossibly difficult time trying to find images of them online. All the phrases I'm putting in yields links no where near what I'm looking for.. *grumbles*

Length
    11/47/60
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SleepySin View Post
    New subscriber!

It'll take me a long while to get through all the videos but I'm workin' on it!

Ya know, I've always been really curious about those hairstyles they have in the old Chinese movies and TV shows but I'm having an impossibly difficult time trying to find images of them online. All the phrases I'm putting in yields links no where near what I'm looking for.. *grumbles*
    Do you mean all the super cool "geisha" type styles? Ooh, or ones like in "Curse of the Golden Flower" (I think that's it) with all the beautiful hair sticks and such? I have never been able to figure out those styles. I'm thinking it's because they either use wigs or add so much hair as to make the styles impossible. I have a lot of hair, don't get me wrong, but some of those styles have to use feet and feet more hair than I currently have.

Length
    11/47/60
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
    I figure if you ask the person who wrote the tutorial and it's all good then, well, it's all good!
    You know, that's so sensible that I can't believe I didn't think of it myself. Sometimes I am so very, very blonde. The simplest solution is usually the right one. Duh. I do so tend to over-complicate that which is uncomplicated.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Torrin Paige View Post
    Do you mean all the super cool "geisha" type styles? Ooh, or ones like in "Curse of the Golden Flower" (I think that's it) with all the beautiful hair sticks and such? I have never been able to figure out those styles. I'm thinking it's because they either use wigs or add so much hair as to make the styles impossible. I have a lot of hair, don't get me wrong, but some of those styles have to use feet and feet more hair than I currently have.
    Oo, don't get me started on the geisha/maiko hairstyles!! Fortunately, they aren't practical for us normals who sleep on pillows and I'm sure that I'm not purchasing a katsura any time soon sooo.. yes, I meant the Chinese styles in that movie or "The Banquet". Lemme see if I can get picture links to work..

Oh, and visit this link to Chinese television series: http://www.spcnet.tv/pictures-pID152...-3_photos.html

I just found that site a couple minutes ago and now I'm gawking at the photos instead of going to bed.. I'm such a bad kitten.

Length
    11/47/60
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

So those pics you posted look do-able. It'll take some time and mucking about, but definitely do-able. The link, however? How in the world do they manage to get the rolls so even and smooth? Mine never look that neat. And the hair accessories are to die for. Now you've got me oogling pictures.