Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video tutorial question

Length
    ?/56.5/50
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Video tutorial question

I just watched the Hawser Braid video. GREAT!! Wonderful instruction and a really cool looking braid! And I agree, if permission attempts fail I'd do the video and give credit for the style to the creator.
    "Sorry don't get it done, Dude." -- John Wayne in "Rio Bravo"
    ?/56.5/50~2b/c~ii (I'm 5'4" tall)

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

For some you could ask permission of the writer of the tutorial, but some things are just 'out there', nobody has their name on it Most braids for instance.

I saw the comments on your fishtailbraid and somebody asked for a vid on the 3-strand fishtail. I thought that was funny (apparently LHC spreads around ) I kind of invented that braid and made a tutorial about it, even posted a vid in the topic, but I can't make videos as good as you do! I really admire you for it.

You don't have the boxbraid (braided in from the top) yet, nobody has their name on it, so I would say, you can already make that one
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Cindi Eponabri

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone here on LHC for the great articles, tutorials and advice. I've had long hair all of my life and never really thought much about it. But I've learned more hair care in the past few months that I've been here than I knew in all of my 58 years. I've had fun trying the different styles and I found one that not only is very easy for me to do, but looks great. I'm absolutely thrilled!!

So thank you and Namaste (the divine in me honors the divine in you).

Cindi Eponabri

Wow, I've been following your videos for a while now... I didn't know that was you. Great tutorials! Thank you!!

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I don't see why you couldn't just do the videos and just give the credit at the beginning or in the description (or both?). I think it's very nice of you to want to ask first, and it's very polite to do so. But I'm fairly sure if they didn't want other people to learn to do it, they wouldn't post instructions on a website, detailing the style...even sometimes with photos! And honestly what's someone going to do - sue you because you braided your hair the same way they do? I know America is getting a bit slap-happy these days, but COME ON...lol
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Hip/Hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Wow, I just read this thread and found all the videos and they are great! Now I might actually be able to learn how to do more than a cinnamon bun and an English braid! Thanks to you and everyone at LHC for being willing to help and share your knowledge.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Your tutorials are always very clear and fun to watch!
    In my opinion it could only contribute to the articles.

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    shldr/MBAv2/trml
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by JamieLeigh View Post
    I don't see why you couldn't just do the videos and just give the credit at the beginning or in the description (or both?). I think it's very nice of you to want to ask first, and it's very polite to do so. But I'm fairly sure if they didn't want other people to learn to do it, they wouldn't post instructions on a website, detailing the style...even sometimes with photos! And honestly what's someone going to do - sue you because you braided your hair the same way they do? I know America is getting a bit slap-happy these days, but COME ON...lol
    I think JamieLeigh is spot on here. You could also link to the original instructions in the info section, because sometimes it's nice to have still photos to refer to as well.

I love your tutorials and I think it would be really fantastic to have a place to find all of them together.

You never know, it might even get cult status: until it's in Torrin Paige's youtube page it's not an official style. (Just kidding!)