Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! D:

Length
    pixie/apl/tbl
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Unhappy Help! D:

Hello there,
    I've been growing my hair out for a really long time now, I've dyed it very often for a long time but then I found this site and stopped using hairdye and other "bad" things for my hair.
    But lately I started getting an itchy scalp and a little bit dandruff and now I've got wound from scratching it overnight.
    My hair was getting dry and frizzy so I switched over to CO but now my hair lookes and feels like a mess and still very dry.
    Does anyone have a suggestion of what I should do? Does my hair have to get used to CO? Oh yeah and my hair is 2a/b, F/M and ii.
    Please help

Length
    15"/BSL/38"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

Default Re: Help! D:

You'll probably get lots of advice on this one. My scalp has been super itchy too, though I haven't scratched a wound into it...yet. Tea tree shampoo and/or oil was recommended and though my head still itches, I'm told it works wonders for most.

One other thing that came immediately to mind when I read your words was to do a mayo (or Miracle Whip if that is what you have in the house) treatment. Slather it in there well, and pile it up on the head and keep it in for as long as you can today. You could also wrap/clip some Saran Wrap around it for extra heat. Then shampoo and condition as usual. It might go a long for making both your scalp and your hair feel better.

Good luck!
    AutumnLeaves

Length
    pixie/pixie/bsl

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnLeaves View Post
    Tea tree shampoo and/or oil was recommended and though my head still itches, I'm told it works wonders for most.
    Tea tree shampoo/oil! What a great idea. I would never have thought of using it on my scalp, but it's just what I need. Thanks!

Don't Stall On Me Now!
    Length
    Pixie/Hip/Clssc
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have found that ACV helps with my itchies. I haven't really had a problem this past winter! IMMV.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

tea tree oil and applecidervinegar are great suggestions. I will add an aloe vera gel into the list, with or with out some calming anti-itch essential oil. Good oils would be the teatree oil, lavender and rosemary. Probably many others too Aloe in itself is calming and soothing.

Other thing I find helpful in the long run, is to use shampoo that contains piroctone olamine.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    pixie/apl/tbl
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I'm going to try ACV tonight, I hope it works

Length
    16"/21"/Thigh
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Has this just started, or did you have itch scalp problems before? Some people seem to have itchy scalp with CO, and it seems some people "need" shampoo to keep their scalp from freaking out. Also, you may want to have a friend check and rule out head lice for you. A wound sounds like your scalp is much more severe than the usual irritated/itchy scalp.

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Perhaps your hair is having issues with the products you are using? What are you COing with?

Did you clarify prior to starting CO or how often do you clarify? If you didn't clarify, what were you using prior to CO as well?
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Length
    pixie/apl/tbl
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

It already started before COing, it is itching like crazy and I have dandruff, my scalp is greasy but my hair isn't (instead it's a bit dry and frizzy) so I started COing with a conefree conditioner, but now my scalp is freaking even more out

Length
    Short/Clssc/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

If it was less itchy with your previous routine, I suggest going back to it. Get your scalp itchiness under control, and then try CO.

The suggestions given to get it under control are very good. It will be easier for you to determine if your scalp/hair like CO if you start from a stable point, though. I'm one whose scalp doesn't tolerate CO at all. Others love it. Get your scalp stabilized, and then move to CO so that you can learn more definitively if it is right for you.

Proud member of the Renegray Gang

Lady Alassiel of Water and Wisdom in The Order of the Long Haired Knights