Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brushes w/ plastic knobs on the ends?

Length
    SHLDR/Class/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Brushes w/ plastic knobs on the ends?

I'm using them from the moment, but I think they are responsible for a lot of my breakage (it isn't horrible breakage, but I have lots of fly-away hair because if it). You might want to think about a comb or pick.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post

I have heard nothing but praise for a wooden-toothed brush that The Body Shop sells (I think it has ball tips), so they're not all bad. I haven't used it myself, though.
    I have that one and would give it high praise. The Body Shop used to sell a plastic bristled brush (no vents) with ball tips. The bristles were very soft and bendy. I'm not sure if they still have that one. I have the wooden/quill bristled one. The bristles are straight with no ball tips. No vents on this one either. I give it a big That's another one you might look at.

I am not here to decorate your world

Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I use a brush with plastic balls on the end. It was the one that came with my rarely-used-but it-has-a-cool-setting-thank-goodness Remmington hair dryer, so I'd say they're fine for blow drying. It's a paddle brush so it does a lot of smoothing. I use it as my normal brush; I need to be thorough with my hair and a comb just doesn't do it for me.
    Back after a 6 year break, and recommitted to growing out to classic

Length
    pixie/pixie/44
    Type
    1a/F/iii

I use a brush with the round balls. If you choose to do so, here are my reccomendations on that. 1. There are definitely better qualities of these type, pick one up and try to pull the ball off with your finger, if it comes off you do not want it. 2. If you are using one, periodically check it, when balls are missing or can pull off easily with your fingers it is time to replace it.

I like these:

http://www.goody.com/Products/Stylin...le/Paddle.aspx

(the so gelious platinum I really want the so gelous comb but i can never find it)

and in second place-

http://www.amazon.com/Conair-72604Z-...8533094&sr=1-5
    after henna, no 'cones, no sulfates, my hair no longer tries to strangle me in my sleep. I guess we can be friends now.
    Google+

How on Earth do you get the fuzz cleaned off of these ball-tip bristles? All the bristles in my brush have lint / fuzz wrapped around the bristles, and it can't just slide off because of the ball tips. It's plastic and is one of the kinds for wet hair, and I've been just consoling myself by saying that at least the fuzz is clean too after I soap up the brush, but it seriously has so much trapped on the bristles now that it's bothering me too much. I want it cleeeeeean. Any suggestions?

Length
    APL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DarleneH View Post
    How on Earth do you get the fuzz cleaned off of these ball-tip bristles? All the bristles in my brush have lint / fuzz wrapped around the bristles, and it can't just slide off because of the ball tips. It's plastic and is one of the kinds for wet hair, and I've been just consoling myself by saying that at least the fuzz is clean too after I soap up the brush, but it seriously has so much trapped on the bristles now that it's bothering me too much. I want it cleeeeeean. Any suggestions?
    When I used to own ball tips brushes, I would just pinch and slide it off the tips with my nails, one by one. It would take a while, but that's the only way I could remember getting them clean

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Nails & pull at each single separate bristle. I just did it. Sucks. It gets stuck behind the ball tip and then you have to pull at it. I think I did about half to 3/4ths of the brush and just... gave up; got the hugest pieces off.

It's my one wet brush dupe that I use before my wash. Thank goodness I use a separate one for when my hair comes fresh out the towel.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Ugh. I may try snipping at the fuzz balls with tiny scissors, like cuticle clipping scissors or similar. See if that helps this along a bit.

Length
    Chin/TBL/Term
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Ugh, this is such a pet peeve of mine. I abandoned a Wet brush because I couldn't get the fuzz off (my mom uses it now).

The brush I have now is the KareCo Tangle Buster brush. The bristles are on these plastic prongs that you can slightly bend back and forth or side to side, providing easy access to the bristles and making the fuzz easier to slide up and pull off. What I did recently was soak the brush in a mixture of shampoo and water to get the fuzz to loosen up, and then after a while scraped the fuzz (it was more of a linty goo at that point, yuck) off the bristles and over the ball tips. The soap soak helped to partially decompose the fuzz, I'm guessing because of the fuzz's sebum content. But the flexible structure of my brush definitely makes it easier to get at the bristles.

Now, my boar bristle brush on the other hand... Yeah, that thing's never getting the lint off. Lol RIP.

Length
    CBL/MTL/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I also gave up on my wet brush because of this. I am a huge stickler for clean brushes and found myself picking the fuzz off the bristles one at a time every time I used it. I use a tangle teezer fine & fragile now. I can just zip a nail brush across it a few times and be done. I have a rake to get hair out of my Tek brush.