Results 1,291 to 1,299 of 1299

Thread: Straight and Silky Thread

Length
    pixie/MTL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: Straight and Silky Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    I’ve been advised against getting a curly perm so I guess I have to love my straighteness! I love all of your hair here but for some reason I just can’t stand mine being straight! I’m trying to learn how to love it, any ideas?
    Focus on its good qualities. It's probably relatively easy to care for, looks like a Pantene advertisement down and unadorned, and reflects shine like no textured hair can. The name of this thread is apt too -- silky. It's your personal silken curtain.

Length
    SL/MBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Iíve been advised against getting a curly perm so I guess I have to love my straighteness! I love all of your hair here but for some reason I just canít stand mine being straight! Iím trying to learn how to love it, any ideas?
    Right there with you! I still don't exactly love my straight hair but I'm okay with it. I like my hair better when I have bangs. Apparently I crave for some volume/body/movement/just something more and kind of sort of get some of that with bangs. I like to wear my hair up more too because without bangs I feel I look bald lol, like when my hair is mostly smoothed out against my head.
    And it's true that straight hair is easy to take care of. Straight hair also grows straight down so we don't have to worry about curls eating up length (pretty big pro when you are growing!). Maybe you could look up straight hair inspo and idols, here and online in general. You're one of us, like it or not You could also take pictures of your hair and actively work on appreciating what you have. Learning to do pretty up-dos could help too.

I have also been thinking about perming my hair for a long time but always choose straight and healthy over permed and damaged (I don't want to admit it but I just know it would completely ruin my hair). I haven't bothered with heat-less styling methods in years since those never turn out pretty and lasting on my hair. Thinking about getting heated hair rollers at some point...

Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

You must have posted while I was writing . Your hair looks so healthy and shiny!

I can't wait until my hair is long enough to be twisted around and not immediately collape. It looks like a very comfortable style, and really pretty too!
    Thank you
    You're almost there. And yes, it's the most comfortable and easy style for me. I didn't I would get complimented on it, I thought it looked silly

Quote Originally Posted by xanthochromia View Post
    JasminxCat's lovely hairstyle seems to be what Ficcare calls a "casual bun". I just got my first hair clip and here's my much shorter hair in a peacock twist:

My sister has much longer but still straight and fine hair and likes spin pins to hold cinnamon buns.
    So pretty! I don't think my hair would hold that type of style in a regular clip, maybe it if it was shorter. Stunning though
    Last edited by JasminxCat; January 24th, 2021 at 01:36 PM.
    ~ No Trims 6 Months ~
    .........1 2 ​3 4 5 6

Length
    Buzz/CBL/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

My hair used to be much wavier, but now I have to style it with heatless curls to get waves. (My profile picture is an example, those are from rope braids!)
    Naturally, there is still a very slight wave. I'm no 1A but through polling my insta followers I have found most people consider my hair "straight".
    I'm so glad there's a thread like this, it's been hard adjusting to a new hair texture. I've found that looking at more straight hair makes me less self conscious about it.
    Waves and curls are super beautiful, but so is straight hair. Less shrinkage definitely has it's benefits too, I like being able to see more of my length!
    I guess it really is a case of "the grass is always greener", since I have met so many wavies and curlies who wish their hair would be straight!
    Finally collarbone length!!
    APL by New Years 2022!?!? Goal is classic+
    Hair Instagram // Art Blog on WordPress

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

I’ve been advised against getting a curly perm so I guess I have to love my straighteness! I love all of your hair here but for some reason I just can’t stand mine being straight! I’m trying to learn how to love it, any ideas?
    You can have mine it's between 1c and 2a xD hair swap!

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    My hair used to be much wavier, but now I have to style it with heatless curls to get waves. (My profile picture is an example, those are from rope braids!)
    Naturally, there is still a very slight wave. I'm no 1A but through polling my insta followers I have found most people consider my hair "straight".
    I'm so glad there's a thread like this, it's been hard adjusting to a new hair texture. I've found that looking at more straight hair makes me less self conscious about it.
    Waves and curls are super beautiful, but so is straight hair. Less shrinkage definitely has it's benefits too, I like being able to see more of my length!
    I guess it really is a case of "the grass is always greener", since I have met so many wavies and curlies who wish their hair would be straight!
    Like meeeee!

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Before I started paying more attention to my hair, I never noticed just how much of my hair shed was the result of breakage due to tangles.

I'd love to know how y'all prevent and deal with tangles!

Me to my hair: Please get out of my face.

( Please use the "Reply With Quote" button so that I can search for replies! )

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gossamertresses View Post
    Before I started paying more attention to my hair, I never noticed just how much of my hair shed was the result of breakage due to tangles.

I'd love to know how y'all prevent and deal with tangles!
    For me I keep it well moisturized and wear my hair up. The tanlges I get, I gently use my fingers for.

I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    10/19+/fun

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    Oxie,

Having watched and been a co-habitat of threads you were on, and trying to estimate what your hair will look like longer, when the weight may pull it straighter, I think you have an enviable texture and curliness profile. I think it will look mostly straight, but with enough wave to add definition and a visual variation that should look great. Just a guess though.

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...