Page 128 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1354

Thread: Straight and Silky Thread

Default Re: Straight and Silky Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid lullaby View Post
    Yes, your sarongs would be a great alternative. I love rayon, especially for my climate in the winter. We have dry and cold winters here. I remember before my break from LHC, members did use sarongs as pillowcases, and I did that too. You can also use tshirt material for pillowcases. Flannel pillowcases are the ones I think to stay clear from.
    Perfect, thank you!

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

What are you favourite ways to get your hair out of your face? I have to keep mine in a high ponytail for 10+ hours a day so my scalp is always sore when I get home, but I still want to keep it out of my face. I usually opt for a braid or a low pony. What about you guys?

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gossamertresses View Post
    What are you favourite ways to get your hair out of your face? I have to keep mine in a high ponytail for 10+ hours a day so my scalp is always sore when I get home, but I still want to keep it out of my face. I usually opt for a braid or a low pony. What about you guys?
    Do you have to or can you change to a bun on occasion? I have heard that the little elastics that look like phone curly cord are the best for the hair, have good hold without having to be tight and don't pull. I'm buying some through ebay. Maybe you could try them?

Mine is always plaited and bunned, or just in a bun to keep the ends in - except when drying. And it's 1a, although after I take out a plait it has plait waves in it for awhile.

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Whatever you call this

Twirled and clipped back just to keep out of the way. Sometimes I will do a top bun during the day, but anything high on my head if not very loose will give me a headache
    ---

My hair is naturally straight, it's impossible to do the styles I want because it always slips loose. I used to load up on bobby pins and hairspray to keep everything in place, but caused me too much damage so I stopped

Length
    Waist/TBL/Hmm
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Whatever you call this

Twirled and clipped back just to keep out of the way. Sometimes I will do a top bun during the day, but anything high on my head if not very loose will give me a headache
    ---

My hair is naturally straight, it's impossible to do the styles I want because it always slips loose. I used to load up on bobby pins and hairspray to keep everything in place, but caused me too much damage so I stopped
    Would that be called a peacock twist?
    It looks really shiny
    Midback ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Buttcrack ~ Tailbone! ~ Classic ~ Fingertip? ~ Knee??
    Now happily maintaining tailbone length. I'm not done growing though... Just waiting for my ends to thicken

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WavyWannabe View Post
    Would that be called a peacock twist?
    It looks really shiny
    Is that what you call it? I have no idea lol
    And thank you

Length
    Chin/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/M/iii

I don't know how long your hair is, so some of these may not work for you. Mine is currently close to APL and all the styles below have worked quite well since my hair got to a solid collar bone length. Love the look of high ponytails, but my scalp gets sore immediately.

Most of the time I wear my hair in a high disc bun. That is probably the only bun that securely holds my slippery hair in place. A spiral carved hairstick or Ficcare's work the best for me, and if I need it to survive biking and strong wind I use a soft elastic at the base. I don't need to put the elastic in tight, but it helps to keep the base of the bun together. It's still a bit too short for a knot bun, but I can imagine that one would be quite secure as well.

This week I learned how to do a French twist with my Ficcare clips and that one is probably a new favourite . Dutch braids work really well for me too, especially when I make two or do a side braid. At home I often make a braid and put it up with a large claw clip. That's a very comfortable style, but with my layers it's not the prettiest .
    CL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - ??
    2 years dye-free!

Length
    Waist/TBL/Hmm
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Is that what you call it? I have no idea lol
    And thank you
    You're welcome
    I might be wrong, but I think a peacock twist is like a French twist with a cute feathery "tail" of hair that peeks out from the top.
    Your style makes me think of this, but with a coiled base.
    (I'm no expert when it comes to different buns though, I mean, I'm often left wondering what the difference is between e.g. Spock bun and LWB.)

For gossamertresses, I don't have silky or slippery hair so take my advice with a pinch of salt, but would claw clips work better than pins or sticks for securing a bun or putting a braid up?
    Either one large claw clip (like JasminxCat) or several small/medium clips (I think JJJlonghair on youtube likes to hold her pretzel bun like this).
    Midback ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Buttcrack ~ Tailbone! ~ Classic ~ Fingertip? ~ Knee??
    Now happily maintaining tailbone length. I'm not done growing though... Just waiting for my ends to thicken

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WavyWannabe View Post
    You're welcome
    I might be wrong, but I think a peacock twist is like a French twist with a cute feathery "tail" of hair that peeks out from the top.
    Your style makes me think of this, but with a coiled base.
    (I'm no expert when it comes to different buns though, I mean, I'm often left wondering what the difference is between e.g. Spock bun and LWB.)

For gossamertresses, I don't have silky or slippery hair so take my advice with a pinch of salt, but would claw clips work better than pins or sticks for securing a bun or putting a braid up?
    Either one large claw clip (like JasminxCat) or several small/medium clips (I think JJJlonghair on youtube likes to hold her pretzel bun like this).
    There might not be a name for it, I just do it to keep it out of the way and it holds well haha

And I agree, large claw clips have been the easiest thing to hold my hair up and away. I used to use a few small clips together that seems to work well too. But you know, I've never tried a hair stick. I didn't know much about them until joining LHC and figured my hair would be too short for them. I wonder if it would stay in place.. one of these days I'll give them a try
    Last edited by JasminxCat; January 24th, 2021 at 12:33 AM.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Unfortunately, a ponytail is the only hairstyle allowed, and it has to be very neat. I need to put mine up high or else too many stray else will fall and I'll need to use so many pins, which isn't a good look. I do use phone cord hair ties and silky scrunchies which do help though!

I think I'll stick with braids for now. They're the most comfortable, but the next day it looks like I tried to do heatless curls and it turned out sloppy.