Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hairdressers imposing their will on clients

Length
    buzz/13/23
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Hairdressers imposing their will on clients

I cannot explain how much I hate hair dressers who cut off more than I ask. The last two times I got cuts, I asked for an inch, and they both cut off three.

My hair only grows six inches a year, so I'm literally back where I started.

I don't care what they think will look good. I don't care that they think my hair is damaged. If I say an inch, I want an inch.

Back to the beginning for me.

At least my ends are fixed for now.

Anyone else suffering the same pain?
    Last edited by gillybeanxo3921; July 25th, 2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: mispelled say, wrote saw

Default Re: Hairdressers imposing their will on clients

This is why I started doing my own trims :/

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Is this some kind of open invitation to start a flaming thread over hairdressers?

That kind of sucks.

I understand many have had bad experiences. There is no excuse for it on the hairdressers side.

But must members constantly be posting about how much hair dressers are just horrible hanus heathens?

Good goddess. It is hard to ignore things like this.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    24BSL/35TBL/42 CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Maybe we should ask the mods to merge all hairdresser threads and just have one place to complain? Seems there have been like 400 of these threads and it would be nice for people to be able to read others experiences in one place?

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

My hair stylists have been awesome, almost without exception.

There is always the option of trimming your own hair. Bring each half of your hair forward and make a single ponytail combining both halves under your chin. Comb it very smooth, close a book over it, and slide the book toward the ends. It will be very easy to see what needs to be cut, so see how you do. Good luck!

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lmfbs View Post
    Maybe we should ask the mods to merge all hairdresser threads and just have one place to complain? Seems there have been like 400 of these threads and it would be nice for people to be able to read others experiences in one place?
    Yes.
    Honestly? It is getting incredibly redundant. It is the same exact story every single time. OVER and over again. No one will ever have anything better to say than the basic replies that ALL of the threads exactly like this get. It is just one big pool of negativity. Wouldn't you rather post about good, positive things?
    It is understood and I get that you can post whatever you want. We all have had at least one bad experience. Many hair dressers seem to have a problem with listening.
    Does it need to be stated, over and over?
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    ?/13in./30

I never had a problem with hair dressers. I am very clear on how much I want taken off. They do too much or do something that I stated I didn't want then I either stop them before it happens(spraying junk on my hair, products, or thinning) or I make a complaint. I pay money for a simple trim, no extra products, no blow drying. Do it right and listen and I give a big tip. Do it wrong and depending on what has occurred then I may want a refund.

Length
    buzz/13/23
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    Is this some kind of open invitation to start a flaming thread over hairdressers?
    No, that's not what I meant. I started this thread in hopes to find someone else growing out from the start AGAIN so we could relate to each other and give each other support.

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    There is always the option of trimming your own hair. Bring each half of your hair forward and make a single ponytail combining both halves under your chin. Comb it very smooth, close a book over it, and slide the book toward the ends. It will be very easy to see what needs to be cut, so see how you do. Good luck!
    I'm definitely going to work on learning to trim my own hair, but that method sadly won't work on me. I can hardly see the end of my braid anymore, and also, I have layers

Length
    Chin/Waist/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Well, it depends on the individual I think.
    But when I was a little kid I used to tuck my hair behind my ears at all times. It was my hairdresser who stopped me doing that when I was about 12 and going up to high school. And I'm glad she did - my face looks so much better that way!

From ages 14-18, I used to let students cut my hair and their teachers were so grateful (because I literally let them do anything) that they would do anything I wanted to my hair for free.
    When I needed new dye, I would go in and tell them to just stick anything on that might look good, that I didn't care because it was just hair and would grow/the colour would wash out, or I could just dye over it. They were always very afraid of messing things up, or making it so that I didn't like it, and would still double check absolutely everything with me to make sure they didn't upset me.

I think that hairdressers honestly just try and do what is best for their client... most of the time. Yes, there are some bad ones - but there are also surgeons who leave watches in people, doesn't mean they're all awful :P
    But if your hair is damaged, I can see why they're advising you to have all the damaged parts cut off. Yes, you can grow healthy hair and cut it off slowly, but the vast majority of people (ie away from the fantastic advice of this forum) can't pull it off because they won't put the work and extra attention in. Once hair is damaged, I'm under the impression that it's easy for it to continue getting worse, particularly split ends and such.

ETA: I think maybe my post was a bit one-sided. I am sorry you're not satisfied with your haircut, it must really suck being set back like that. But hey, at least you have lovely, healthy hair to grow out now - and growing your hair is something to take great pleasure in. I've stopped growing mine for now between waist and hip, and honestly I miss all the excitement of measuring and pampering :P
    Last edited by Cania; July 25th, 2012 at 06:30 PM.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Oh - layers. Try the ponytail on the very top of your head, bend over, and very sparingly trim the tip-ends.