Page 1261 of 1261 FirstFirst ... 261761116112111251125912601261
Results 12,601 to 12,605 of 12605

Thread: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

  1. #12601
    Member bokeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Western New York
    Age
    66
    Posts
    561
    Length
    1"/33"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

    Default Re: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    I keep my fingers crossed for you that the lost hair will grow out again soon! Concerning the length of these sticks: they really pop in your hair, so it's a good thing you see a lot of them.
    Thanks Finda. I'm fortunate that my hair is still on the high side of II. When I was very young my hair was so thick that I thought it was freaky and I hated it. It's things like that that make me wish that I could go back in time and live my life with a more positive attitude about myself!

    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    @bokeh your hair colour is stunning!!

    Also I haven't finished this challenge because life went completely mad lately so I'm just doing LWB or braids lately might pick it up later once everything calms down but I think, for now, I'm ducking out!
    Thank you Siv. There's nothing wrong with a LWB and braids Siv, but that said when things calm down for you I look forward to seeing more of your photos!

    Quote Originally Posted by bparnell75 View Post
    i tried to do this once a few years back, but the sheer number of my toys overwhelmed me. BEcause I have created most of my things as a hobby, I do not know the actual number. I made over a hundred on the lathe before I gave it away. I know i have made over 150 forks many of which I have sold or given away. But this is one thread I always check out.
    That's a wonderful hobby to have especially because the fruit of your hobby is useful to you and makes a great gift too. I think with all your hair toys you would be here posting for a very long time.

  2. #12602
    Member bokeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Western New York
    Age
    66
    Posts
    561
    Length
    1"/33"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

    Default Re: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

    This is the end of my WEO challenge for now although there are still some odds and ends that I might post at a future date. I did include all my favorites in this challenge.

    It's been very worthwhile for me since I've learned some new updos and am starting to have a sense of which hair toys are best with which hair style. I've also realized that I'm avoiding some of my accessories and that's probably a sign that I should give them away.

    I didn't quite realize how many hair accessories I had acquired over time until I started using them one by one! At first I felt a bit appalled and guilty for the excess because it's really more than I need but then I started thinking about how frugal I have been all my life about getting things for myself and decided that since I love the hair toys so much I'm just going to enjoy them without guilt.

    I'm expecting three pairs of Ketylo hairsticks in various shades of blue and other than that I have just a few more things that I want to purchase over time; something from Timberstone Turnings and a DiamondCast Tanzanite stick from WEII.

    Oh, and one of the best outcomes from this challenge is that I documented each of my hairtoys with photographs. The pictures of updos will also be helpful. Actually, just seeing photographs of various styles from different angles with the camera versus looking in the mirror was very informative to me in selecting favorite go-to hairstyles.

    I'm looking forward to seeing all the beautiful pictures from WEO Challenges. I hope someone takes the challenge very soon!

    Topaz Mist Twisted Hair Fork 5" Prong from WindSongsAttic in a braided bun
    Last edited by bokeh; February 1st, 2021 at 02:02 PM.

  3. #12603
    Member luluj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,082
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

    Smile Re: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by bokeh View Post
    This is the end of my WEO challenge for now although there are still some odds and ends that I might post at a future date. I did include all my favorites in this challenge.

    It's been very worthwhile for me since I've learned some new updos and am starting to have a sense of which hair toys are best with which hair style. I've also realized that I'm avoiding some of my accessories and that's probably a sign that I should give them away.

    I didn't quite realize how many hair accessories I had acquired over time until I started using them one by one! At first I felt a bit appalled and guilty for the excess because it's really more than I need but then I started thinking about how frugal I have been all my life about getting things for myself and decided that since I love the hair toys so much I'm just going to enjoy them without guilt.

    I'm expecting three pairs of Ketylo hairsticks in various shades of blue and other than that I have just a few more things that I want to purchase over time; something from Timberstone Turnings and a DiamondCast Tanzanite stick from WEII.

    Oh, and one of the best outcomes from this challenge is that I documented each of my hairtoys with photographs. The pictures of updos will also be helpful. Actually, just seeing photographs of various styles from different angles with the camera versus looking in the mirror was very informative to me in selecting favorite go-to hairstyles.

    Topaz Mist Twisted Hair Fork 5" Prong from WindSongsAttic in a braided bun
    Oh my, the blue colors are beautiful in your hair, bokeh! I also like how your pigmented, hair color shows up at your nape, what a lovely contrast.


    ~ Lady Bendis of the Silverlight Strands in the Order of the Longhaired Knights ~

  4. #12604
    Member Finda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    590
    Length
    APL/37/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by bokeh View Post
    Thanks Finda. I'm fortunate that my hair is still on the high side of II. When I was very young my hair was so thick that I thought it was freaky and I hated it. It's things like that that make me wish that I could go back in time and live my life with a more positive attitude about myself!
    How true!

    That blue tone of your last fork is amazing

  5. #12605
    Member bokeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Western New York
    Age
    66
    Posts
    561
    Length
    1"/33"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

    Default Re: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    How true!
    That blue tone of your last fork is amazing
    Yes, it's like the sky and clouds. It's my favorite color for a hair toy.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •