Results 12,291 to 12,299 of 12299

Thread: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Length
    ChL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Quote Originally Posted by gin View Post
    Today was Day 7 with Toys 11 and 12. First is an Aliexpress wooden curved hair stick, second is an Aliexpress metal U-shaped hair fork. The fork is really too small for a full bun, but I got it to work (barely) and it held (barely) while I went out to run errands and go grocery shopping.

Oh my! Where did you get that fork? It is so delicate and beautiful!
    ChL-SL-APL-BSL-WL-HBL-TBL ........
    21 month dye free
    "When it rains, everything grows..."

Length
    BCL/CL+/WTF
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gin View Post
    The MapleBurl forks are so pretty! I think one day I'll get one or two. Maybe sooner rather than later. Hele, When you they can be difficult to get through your hair, is it mainly due to the thickness of your hair, or the spacing of the tines, or a combo?
    i love how pointy the MapleBurl forks are, though it does worry me how delicate they feel. My problem with them is just my hair being an a-hole, it's really coarse and some days it's harder to work with than others. I've noticed humid days and "gee, when did i wash my hair last?" days are when it's especially difficult to get things through my bun. I refer to this as my brick wall of hair. I think this is why i like metal forks so much, they're really skinny so there's less to force into a bun!

i especially love that Aliexpress metal fork, it looks very wintry! And the MaryCrafts fork reminds me of brass knuckles, though that's probably just me.

yesterday was item 12, a Lily Pad Lady Idun!

and today was item 13, an Arizona Jade Tru Stone WEII!

i'll be posting tomorrow and then i'll be taking a break from this until Monday, i'm leaving for a trip friday afternoon!

11/2018

Length
    24/38.25/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

gin I love that branch fork. I came across it online not too long ago and it made it onto my list of hairtoys I might like to buy. How do you like the shape of the fork part? and is the branch snaggy in hair?

Length
    ?/Waist/TBL
    Type
    1a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    Oh my! Where did you get that fork? It is so delicate and beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by enting View Post
    gin I love that branch fork. I came across it online not too long ago and it made it onto my list of hairtoys I might like to buy. How do you like the shape of the fork part? and is the branch snaggy in hair?
    Thanks! I got it from Aliexpress. I like how it looks too, but it's just too small for all my hair. For half-ups it would work, but I never wear half-ups so... I couldn't find its dimensions and I assumed it would be the same size as other similar-shaped hair forks on Aliexpress, but oh well! It was cheap (like less than $2 US) so it was a gamble worth taking. enting the shape of the fork is similar to Lilla Rose's Swerves, though smaller. The functional length is probably around 3.5"?

Here are my photos from yesterday & today. Yesterday was a gold floral hair stick, today was a red rhinestone metal hair fork, both from Aliexpress:

Virginia from Virginia. Climber / fitness junkie trying to figure out how to grow out my hair and be active inside and outside everyday!

Length
    24/38.25/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I've never tried any of the swerve forks, either! I may just have to buy one and see for myself what it's like. 3.5" might be enough to work for me - my hair's thinner than yours.
    Gosh I love that gold floral stick, too. You have excellent taste for what looks good in your hair!

Length
    ?/Waist/TBL
    Type
    1a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by enting View Post
    I've never tried any of the swerve forks, either! I may just have to buy one and see for myself what it's like. 3.5" might be enough to work for me - my hair's thinner than yours.
    Gosh I love that gold floral stick, too. You have excellent taste for what looks good in your hair!
    Ha, I don't know about that! When I started on this hair stuff, I had never put my hair up before (except loose ponytails for working out), so I didn't know any buns or had any hair toys. To help me figure out what would work for me, and because everything is so cheap, I ordered a bunch of random stuff of varying types and styles from Aliexpress to help me try to figure out what type of hair toys would work best on my hair. So a lot of these are just random luck.
    Virginia from Virginia. Climber / fitness junkie trying to figure out how to grow out my hair and be active inside and outside everyday!

Length
    ?/Waist/TBL
    Type
    1a/C/iii

Today's photo, a 3-prong wooden fork from Ebay. By far my favorite of all the "cheap" hairtoys, this item alone convinced me that hair forks (and specifically 3-4 prong ones) were the way to go for me.

ineffectual and otiose pathetic's Avatar
    Length
    27"/33"/75"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Loving seeing all of the activity around here!

I unfortunately have fallen into the trap of "grab the same stick every morning while running out of the door" but now that I have a bit more time I'd like to get back to doing these.

60th Street Daisey style hair fork made of Vineyard Dymondwood

Ketylo hair stick in Fuschia Dymondwood

Length
    ?/Waist/TBL
    Type
    1a/C/iii

Today (Day 11 / Toy 16): Aliexpress aqua rhinestone and gold metal hair stick