Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: De-lurking for my one year anniversary post! (lots of pics)

Length
    SL/short/??
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Talking De-lurking for my one year anniversary post! (lots of pics)

A bit late, but I might as well do it. After all, where else can I find people who'll partake in my giddy longhair joy? My family thinks I'm nuts.

Some background: I joined LHC last February, with hair between shoulder and APL. I'm growing out a heavily layered, thinned and razored cut. As you can imagine, it's a huge pain sometimes. Buns and braids are the preservers of my sanity.

Now, on to the hair pics.

My very first official length pic, taken in February last year. This is either second or third day hair, so it's not as curly as right after a wash. Length: APL-ish?

April of 2008. Similar hair, better lighting.

One month later, at a somewhat weird angle since the person taking it was sitting down.

June 2008. I took this one mainly for hair typing purposes, hence the frizz.

I then proceeded to ignore my hair for the rest of the summer, without measuring obsessively or taking pictures. I was also giving WO a try, so I was wearing it up most of the time to avoid tangles later and to hide the greasies. My October length pic proved that benign neglect works.

Not BSL yet but very, very close.

November! This is after I had let it dry in a braid, so it was fairly smooth. I like it. Length: Definitely BSL.

Once again, I left the camera and the measuring tape alone from November until February, and this is the result:

I'm ecstatic! The very longest layer is at the top of my waist when wet. When I look at this picture I almost can't believe how long it is, especially since I've had 2 or 3 small trims between now and last Feb. My plan is to keep growing until I reach tailbone and then start trimming more aggresively until all the layers are gone (including the dyed/bleached bits on the shortest layer, ugh). Once that's accomplished, I might aim for classic. And I might cut layers again, but they'll be long ones. None of these crazy short pieces sticking out everywhere.

Tangles are my biggest problem at the moment, but I'm hoping for an improvement once the layers/thinning/razoring are all gone? Any success stories? And is there anything I can do in the meantime to make things easier? I wash once or twice a week (CO or S&C usually), do occasional deep treatments if my hair is feeling particularly dry, use olive oil on the ends, sleep with it braided, wear it up or in a French braid most days...yet it still tangles like mad.

To end this post, I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to LHC members for making this the warmest, most suportive board I've ever posted on. You're all amazing.

Length
    Short/25.25/Waist
    Type
    1c/M/i/ii

Default Re: De-lurking for my one year anniversary post! (lots of pics)

Thanks for sharing the progress pics. It's always inspiring to those of us in the not-quite-there mode. Very pretty hair...
    <-- July 2008 . . . . . . . Every day my hair is not shorter than the day before.
    Proud member of The Renegray Gang

Account Closed by Member Request

Holy hairgrowth! Your hair grows fast, you have great curls! Happy Anniversary!!!

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

WOW. You have had great growth and your hair looks so lovely - congratulations.
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)

Length
    26/26/36
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Congratulations on some amazing hair growth. Your hair looks fantastic.
    ~Lady Sugar Plum Fairy, Sovereign of Sweets in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

Your hair is absolutely beautiful! And the amount of growth you've gotten in one year is amazing!
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

Length
    16"/28"/35"
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Great post thanks for sharing your progress, i love looking at hair growth pics, your layers have really grown out well and FAST!

Length
    15"/BSL/38"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

Beautiful hair, truly! It looks fabulous and I am in hair envy!
    AutumnLeaves

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Can i just ask you..do you take anything to make it grow that fast? vitamins? do you use monistat? its impressive really!! your hair is looking really good and i like the colour on the last picture its very pretty. Congratulations!!!
    .~~~. :*: Bárbara :*: .~~~.

Length
    pixie/shoul/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Wow, what a growth! Congratulations!

Your hair looks great!