Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Trimmers Measure-In

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Trimmers Measure-In

Today I measured 49 cm/19 inches. I'm hoping to avoid trimming as much as possible (since my hair is still so short) but I still want to have regular trims.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I measured 16.5" at the beginning of August 2018, just after a trim, and now measure 18.5" (beginning of January). I trim a couple times a year and otherwise S&D. So excited to have finally hit shoulder length! I wish I could go longer between trims but I have dye and bleach damage I'm trying to grow out.

Length
    24.5/38.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Starting again

30 september 62.5
    30 october 64
    30 november 65.25
    30 december 66.5 (bsl) Trimmed 1 cm

Janurany 67 cm trimmed 1 cm or more again
    20 february 68.5 cm
    Trimmed half cm
    17 march 69.25 cm
    17 april 70.50 cm
    25 may 71.5 cm
    Trimmed quarter cm
    18 june 73.25 cm
    25 july 74.5 cm
    September 78.5
    Trimmed 5 cms
    4 november 76.5 cm
    26 november 77.5 cm
    20 december 78.75

5 January 79.25
    Trimmed half a cm
    5 February 80.5 cm
    6 march 81.5 cm
    14 march 82 cm
    Trimmed back to 81 in 20 march
    29 april 83 cm
    24 june 85 cm
    10 July 86
    23 August 88.5
    Trimmed 2 cm
    19 October 88cm
    3 december 90 cm
    18 december Trimmed back to 85
    7 march 88 cm
    Last edited by amiraaah; March 6th, 2021 at 09:39 PM.

Length
    Chin/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I measured 20” at the beginning of March (I don’t have the exact date unfortunately!) And on the 30th I’ve measured at 21”.

I’ll be super excited if my growth rate is an inch a month! I’ve never measured before so I have no idea what my average growth is.

Going to measure on the 30th of each month going forward

Just joined LHC. About a year and a half ago I stopped buzzing my hair short and decided to grow it out. Now I've decided I want to grow it out fairly long. I'm hoping for tailbone to mid-butt length. 5 months ago I had a chin length bob, now shoulder length. I don't have much experience maintaining long hair, so I'm very glad this community is here.
    I figure I'll trim bits when I see damage. My boyfriend's hair is longer than mine but is so badly damaged. He has so many huge split ends (which he had never even heard of before I told him) and I honestly think it looks awful. So many people have told him to cut his hair because he's a guy that he just straight up refuses. I keep telling him that I have zero problem with him having long hair, I just wish it was healthy, but to no avail yet.

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I just measure in at 27". I went to supercuts to get about 5" cut off a few weeks ago because the ends had gotten rough, despite seek-and-destroying splits. This isn't the longest I've been, but its a comfortable length for me and works for most updos.

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I just measured at 16.5" - it was my first time measuring so I'm not sure how accurate it is but it sounds right! lol I'm going to try and measure every month-ish when I take my monthly photo
    make art, be art

Length
    18/25.75/36
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I'm planning on growing my hair out to WL or TBL. Right now I'm at 22.75in and I gave myself a 0.25in trim. So my length is 22.25in.

This is a great thread. Will also start mine. For now my hair length is 20.8" will give it a 1" trim this week since I will be getting a hair treatment. So the length will be more or less 19.8" 😊

Length
    Chin/APL/TBD
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

so I JUST got a trim and I'm really happy I did!
    I was kinda worried about regretting it, because so many people on here are anti-trim, but I kept telling myself that my stylist grew out a pixie with me, she knows not to just cut off length without a care.
    Anyway, she confirms I want to keep the length and she's like great, so I'm thinking we'll put some layers in and shape it up so it doesn't look boring. And she talks about how it flips up at my current length, which it 100% does, and says we want to work with that so it's not so weird, which it has been.
    She also took out some of the bulk.

So I measure it when I get home, and sure enough, it's the exact same length as before I got it cut.

This is such a relief. My big fear is that it was going to go back to looking like how it always did in high school, and I'd just get bored and chop it off again. Not the case at all! So, yay.
    i'm at like 16.5 inches.