Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: replies: visitor message protocol

Length
    17"/20"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default replies: visitor message protocol

I'm not sure what the correct way is to do replies. The way *I* do it is if someone has posted to my visitor messages, then I click reply and carry on. That means the reply shows up on the same "board" (mine), just as it does when you post replies elsewhere on the forum.

I notice that if I post on someone's visitor messages, they reply in *mine*.

I guess the latter makes more sense, because the person will be more likely to see the reply. It's like they all knew what to do I just hadn't thought of it that way before, and was following the usual routine of post & reply.

Is there a standard?
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I did the same as you at first, but then quickly caught on to the way everyone else was doing it.
    It's funny because it seemed like everyone but me automatically knew!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I reply on other people's profiles so that they get a notification. That way they know I've replied. Because if I leave a message on someone else's profile and they reply to me there, I'll probably never know. I can understand the confusion though.

Length
    tb/tb+/clssc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

That's where the 'View Conversation' link comes in handy!
    Takes you to a screen with a place to reply while showing you all previous 'back and forths' between you and your visitor.

Account Closed by Member Request

I do view conversations too, and that's the way I reply...It never even crossed my mind to do it another way...The only thing I'm *not* thrilled about is that it's not private...I mean if our profiles are personal, only able to be viewed by friends/contacts we choose, I totally get that, but it's public (convo) to that group...I don't know if that makes sense or not.

Just so I'm making sense...If you go into someone's profile, and you are their friend/contact...You can read the convos between the owner of the profile and the person who left a msg...I realize if you want things to be *private* you can do a PM :duh:, but I guess we need to be careful about what we share and where we share it.

Beware Of The Beagles Alley Cat's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I do it that way too , funny thing I never read other people's conversations I really don't have the time .

Length
    pixie/BSL+/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

No need to go to the person's profile page. Just click on the "View Conversation" link on the message in your visitor messages and reply there. It automatically shows your reply in their visitor messages, and the conversation can then be viewed from both profiles.
    <--- It'll get there again
    You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it? -- Richard Bach, Ilusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah

The Quiet One
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Well, d'oh. I didn't know that. Oops

I wondered if I was supposed to go to their profile to reply or just reply in mine. I guess I should've clicked the view conversation thing. Heheheh.

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

I always like the "view conversation" option myself, and this way, I know that the person I am replying to will get a notification in their "notifications" box that I have replied to them.

Length
    17"/20"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

hehehe I never even noticed the "view conversation" thing!!

So, it will show the conversation trail only on your own visitors messages section, right? Like, not the ones I mistakenly posted elsewhere.

((sheesh, usually I'm more computer/internet savvy than this! - then again I did just stagger out of bed...thats my story and I'm sticking to it.....yeah..... ))

I should repost some of the replies to people who posted on my VM and I replied there! I guess they won't have known that I replied!
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics