Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your henndigoed hair!

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TB
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Show us your henndigoed hair!

I know there is a henna thread (or several) and a cassia thread, so I thought why not a henndigo thread, to show people what various mixes and ratios come out like?

I'll start, here is a 60:40 yemen henna and indigo mix (dye released the yemen overnight, mixed up the indigo and let it sit for 10min before adding to the henna and applying for 4 - 5 hours)

And here is a darker tone, about 50:50 jamila henna and indigo, mixed as before:

And finally, some shots of my darkest mix to date - 40:60 henna to indigo, mixed as before and applied for about 4 - 5 hours:

And my natural (if highlighted) hair colour is this

Looking forward to seeing all the lovely effects you achieve with henna and indigo!

Evie
    Lady Evye Guardian of the Natural Order in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Taking a general break from the boards in 2012, but will be working on my blog......

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default Re: Show us your henndigoed hair!

Very pretty color you get from the hennindigo

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TB
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Thank you Aisha25 - its just so varied what can be achieved, which is why I started this thread up....you have lovely shiny hair yourself, it looks so healthy!
    Evie
    Lady Evye Guardian of the Natural Order in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Taking a general break from the boards in 2012, but will be working on my blog......

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

This is my Hendigo'd hair. I do about 70-Henna/30-Indigo over naturally brown hair. I'm always amazed how different Henna can change with light. The first is with a flash, 2nd - natual light in room and 3rd - natural light, closer to the window. I'm VERY happy with Hendigo, as it isn't super red. The indigo really tones that down to an Auburn, for me.

As it were, I have Hendigo on my head right now. I haven't done an all over application since my first time. Roots only seems to work well for me and keep the color more consistant. Luckily my DH doesn't mind helping me apply to roots only. I don't think I could do it myself!
    Last edited by smilinjenn71; March 2nd, 2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Editing spacing
    Almost APL - cut it all off Dec '10 - Growing again Aug '11

Length
    nape/BSL/BCL?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

this was my henndigo one year ago, on top of natural darkish blonde hair:
    (sorry pic is so big!!)

mostly a 40/60 mix, sometimes with amla. i'm all henna now...
    i wish i had used olaplex BEFORE i bleached. sigh.

...henna will be my friend again someday

I just henna/indigo'd my hair this weekend. It's a tad dark, but because it's a 1-step process the indigo is washing out, ever so slightly. I think it will end up being med.-dark brown.

This weekend and then a pic. from last summer.
    Last edited by wintersun99; March 2nd, 2009 at 11:09 AM.

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I'm sorry, but I just have to butt in hehe.
    I did one indigo strand in my hennaed hair (kind of) long ago. I thought maybe to dye with indigo the whole bottom (nape) layer of my hair, so I tried indigo on one strand and Oh my, it just looked like a horses tail hairs stuck in my hair, so I ditched the idea. It's much prettier now though for some reason, I really like that strand peeping under the bright hennaed hair.
    The picture is from right after I've done it, but it's not that good at showing the color:

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Mine's in my avatar. I'm not brilliant with the "photos on the internet thing" despite working in IT for >10 years

Lovely colours you all have

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Here is the "before henna" color. It was dyed brown, which promptly started fading. My avatar is a 50/50 henna-indigo with about a teaspoon of alma. It starts darker, then fades a shade to this color. I love it! I am only doing root touch ups and glosses now to maintain the color. So the photo below is the before, the picture to the left is the current color.

Last edited by kdaniels8811; March 2nd, 2009 at 01:00 PM.

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TB
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Yay, hello everyone, so many beautiful photos!

It is so amazing the range of shades we are all getting....
    Evie