Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dye my hair, I dont dye it. I have layers, I dont have layers....

Length
    27/27/34
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Angry I dye my hair, I dont dye it. I have layers, I dont have layers....

I'm sure I'm not the only one!

I'll be growing my hair sort of neglectfully for awhile, but it will nonetheless get long. Then i get these "brillant" ideas to dye it, or cut it, or get layers!!!!

This past nightmare, I decided to cut about 5 iches off, get a few layers around the edges (so not fully into my length THANK GOD!) as well as dye it!!!! I did use a semipermanent dye for dark brown.

Now I do like the colour, but I really dont want the up keep since my hair is naturally a lighter brown. I'm missing those 5 inches now. And I dont even know why I cut them!!! Even the hairdresser said "you know, you dont need to cut off that much length, your hair is really healthy"

ERG!!!! I'm having a quarter life crisis or something.

Anyone know of any gentle ways to get semipermanent hair dye out faster??

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: I dye my hair, I dont dye it. I have layers, I dont have layers....

I think you did it out of boredom. I always think of dying or trimming because I am bored but stop myself. Try some color oops to lighten or honey and baby shampoo worked EXTEREMLY well to lighten my black hair to a medium brown in a matter of minutes of lather sitting on my head. I am sure it was the baby shampoo but the honey helped with moisture a bit. I just made sure I did a deep oil after that.
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    27/27/34
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I think I'll try the baby shampoo and honey. Thanks! And I also think you're right. Out of boredom part. Plus I've had some stressful stuff going on lately so at the time, I "think" I'm "pampering" myself. But it only makes me miserable later.

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Yeah, it sounds like pampering or even just escapism - nothing wrong with that! hair is there to be played with, after all.

But with layers, bleach, or dye, you just might have to live with the results of your "playing" a lot longer. I know I wish I had stopped bleaching my hair much earlier than I did, and almost 4 years later the bleach is still with me.

Why not practice some mini decorative braids like braiding in a headband, or braiding stuff (feathers, ribbons) into your hair?
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    27/27/34
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Thanks Katze. And I'm sure you're right as well! The problem with playing with hairdos when I'm bored is that I SUCK at them! LOL!! I know if I just practiced I'd probably get better, but I'm so impatient. I guess I'll have to give it a try next time!!

Length
    30"/30"/30"
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Katze View Post
    ... I know I wish I had stopped bleaching my hair much earlier than I did, and almost 4 years later the bleach is still with me...
    How did you quit the bleaching? I have my hair highlighted and they do touch-ups on some areas of the scalp. This can NOT be good for my head. My hair is in perfect condition. I LOVE the blonde and will NEVER go back to my original color which is now an ugly dark brown with 10% gray. Suggestions?
    The first answer to every problem in the world is chocolate.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I have to agree that one thing that helps beat boredom is to find new styles to try. When I do that, I often find myself saying that I wish I had MORE hair so the styles would look even better. HTH!

Length
    17?/23?/tb???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    I think I'll try the baby shampoo and honey. Thanks! And I also think you're right. Out of boredom part. Plus I've had some stressful stuff going on lately so at the time, I "think" I'm "pampering" myself. But it only makes me miserable later.
    I was thinking about that same issue (Why did I ____ to my hair?).
    Seems to me - no matter the impetus - you have to admit it's INSTANT Gratification! I learned it from the kids!

"Embracing all that *Sparkles*!"
    ~ Renegray Gang Member~

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    **/**/**
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Linda K View Post
    you have to admit it's INSTANT Gratification!
    I think that's it exactly. Instant gratification.

I waffled a LOT on coloring it/gowing out color, cutting/growing length. Everytime I decided to do something to it, I'd wait a while, ask myself "am I sure I want to do this?" and I'd think "yes, I want to do this". A few weeks later, I'm wondering why I did it.

Now I'm tring to grow my lenght back out.

Type
    3a/M/iii

I have to confess.....I get my hair highlighted. I have brown hair and my skin tone has changed since I have gotten older. I find the gentle honey blonde highlights soften my face and help my gray grow in gently. My gray is on each temple and if I left it as is I would look like the bride of Frankenstein. Not very attractive. But mixed in with the honey blonde it looks quite good lol.

My hairdresser is awesome and she is so gentle with my hair. I am 4 inches away from sitting on it.....I have never had it this long. It is in very good condition as my highlights are sparse.

Since I have been here I have been oiling and co-ing and keeping it up most of the time it feels so soft....like silk. I think my hair will forgive me for the little naughty splurges I do at the hair dressers.

I love this site
    BritHair