Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got 4 scroos yesterday!

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default I got 4 scroos yesterday!

Get your minds out of the toilet, ladies - I meant the hair scroos that one of you turned me on to - OMG these things are AMAZING for anchoring a bun to where it doesn't twist and make your toys go lopsided, or you can use them alone to look like nothing is holding your hair up at all. These things are purely brilliant. Now if only they came in auburn...not that I can actually see the black ones, though...anyway, THANK YOU for this suggestion!!!
    Lady Vanlanthiriel of the Cascading Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    2b/ M / ii - started castor oil blend Aug 1, 2011
    Current: APL l Goal: Waist

Length
    APL/Waist/+++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

They do really rock. They never fail me, when I thought I'd lost one I freaked out!

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

That's why I got 4, though I seem to only need 2 for a bun, and that's without even anchoring with a ponytail first. They really are amazing. I am turning all my friends on to these...all I have to say is, "imagine not pulling a bunch of your hair out with every pin" and that tells them all they need to know!

Length
    12/46/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Can you direct me to a website or a description of how these are used? I've seen the toy, just have no idea how I would utilize it. I've never have a problem getting my hair to stay in a bun - sometimes I only need one or two pins - do you think a couple of these would be worth the investment for me?

Length
    ?/BSL/waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I love love love my hairscroos so much. Finally a lasting bun invisibly fixed!

heidihug: If you're fine with normal pins you might not need those scroos, I think. When I tried pins, they would stay in my bun for more or less 3 minutes. 4 maybe when I wouldn't move :-) as my hair ist soo slippery. On the other hand there will always be the question if a scroo would have changed your life... I always find it hard t resist if there might be something better than I have...

Length
    Shldr/56/Ankle
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Where is everyone getting theirs?

45.5" - mid-thigh
    Here I Grow Again
    Amanda

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Unfortunately eBay is the only place I have seen them.

I got mine for a different reason - bobby pins (kirby grips for you UK LHC'ers) hold my bun or other updo pretty well, but when I take them out, they break my hair off and pull it out in clumps. BOO. I try to baby my hair, so this is better. Besides, with the scroos it also feels like my bun is lighter and the weight is more evenly distributed. Not sure why. But I looooove them.

Now - what else can you gals do with the scroos besides buns of different types?

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

And yes, I must say, "a scroo has changed my life!" Proceed with the LOLLERSKATES!

Length
    15/BSL/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I got mine on ebay too.

And yes, they are so amazing they are practically the only thing I use now.
    Currently growing without a goal length.

I bought a dozen when I purchased mine. Six for me and six for my daughter-in-law. We both love them. They are an amazing piece of engineering.
    Here's a picture of a french twist that I secured using 2 of them and that puppy stayed put all day!