Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to wear my hair up?

Length
    .5/16"/35
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default How to wear my hair up?

Hello everyone! It is so good to see this place up and running. I didn't post much at the old place but hope to change that this time around! My question is about hairstyles. See, I am more the sporty-casual type and while I would love to have fancy hair sticks (I tried them once and ended up poking my son in the eye!), I think they are just a bit too fancy for me. The only thing I can come up with is a ponytail and a simple braid. I am not very good at doing it myself and my dh won't help me. I have got to figure something out because I plan on camping a lot this summer and my hair is just past mid back. Suggestions welcome!!! Thanks!

Length
    1/8"/19"/39+
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

How about a bun or braided bun. Both are simple and with the braided bun, it looks more complicated than it is (besides if there are any irregularities with your braid, it isn't obvious when you bun it).

Unfortunately, I can't think of many "sporty" styles. I just wear my hair in a ponytail when I have hiked in the past, but I plan on doing buns more often because it keeps my hair completely out of the way. I would braid it if it weren't for these stupid layers. Haha!

Hope that helps!
    Chronically a newbie, although I've been around since 2003.

Length
    20/27/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

The first thing I thought of for camping was a French braid. Can you do one of these? It stays a lot longer in my hair than a regular braid.

Here's a good tutorial for French braiding on yourself: http://dreamweaverbraiding.com/braids/self_french.htm

Also, you can divide your hair in half along the part and make two French braids for even tighter control.
    Lady Xanthyppe of the Moonlith Waves in the Order of the Longhaired Knights
    My Progress! (updated August 2009)
    Currently at the upper regions of BSL. Growing again!

Length
    21"/25/29
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Have you tried the pony tail lacers? Some people make their own, but here is one site http://www.hairwraps.net/ponytailwra...pony-tail-wrap
    I'm sure there are more out there. I haven't tried these yet but will during the summer for jogging.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I was going to suggest a french braid also. Even if you put a couple of weaves at the top of the braid it helps to hold it and gives it a prettier look I think. I pretty much keep my hair in a braid in the summer or a bun with a stick so I can mist it and keep myself cool! I guess I'm not much help!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

The inverted french (a.k.a. Dutch, a.k.a. underhand projected) holds better than the french.

Length
    24/28/36
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

french braid or english braid

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Twin french braids (french pigtails) are ultra sporty... I see them on the college v-ball and such teams all the time! They also wear a lot of double braids.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

ok what is a braided bun, dutch braid, english braid? the only way I know to braid is with 3 strands going over each other.

Length
    pixie/waist/tb
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I couldn't survive without cinnamon buns fastened with a scrunchie. Fast, easy, I can do it with one hand or while waiting for a light to turn green. I recommend thick terry-cloth elastics, the kind you find at a dollar store.