Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do your co workers comment?

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Cool Do your co workers comment?

I was wondering how many of us have co workers who are comment at our up do's etc, nicely or not so nicely? Around here everyone is tight lipped which is surprising since this is a small company, and they love to gossip. Eventhough I get the STARE when I walk by. I am wearing a sock bun for the first time with hair sticks X in the back and not a peep. I never hear anything about my hair toys either. I find it funny because if i saw something like that id be like that is sooo neat, how do you do that?; even before LHC. I think i've seen one person that wore hairsticks in person my entire life, and by then I was wearing them
    ​Jesus saved my life and is my savior
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP
    Nov 8th update pict

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

NO ONE wears hairsticks here either at least that I've ever seen at work or anywhere but no one comments on mine either. I do get comments on my flexi-8s at times as far as hair toys go and can't remember if on anything else. As for my hair I get comments more when I wear it down than up and they are always nice comments. I rarely get comments on my updos. Course I don't do any fancy ones really, just buns and messy french twists and braids. Sometimes they comment on my french braids. I have worked here a long time though so maybe it's old to them

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    17"/30"/50"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I've received a couple of comments from co-workers..
    The first was a compliment on my black border max =) she really liked it!

And the other day I was redoing a bun during my break when one of my closest co-workers walked by.. Later that day she suddenly asked:
    "You have like.. crazy-long hair, right?"
    "Well.. I don't know.."
    "Yeah, sure you do.. I mean, it's down to your butt!! I just didn't know.. you always wear that bun-thingie.. why don't you wear it down more?"

Well, the answer to that is simple: I work in a kindergarden.. and the dirty fingers of grabby 2-year-olds are not really what I want pulling/fingering with my hair

They've never commented on my sticks.. I've never seen another person wearing sticks etc.. but I've seen some of the parents in the kindergarden casually walk around me to get a glimpse of them.. lol.. cracked me up once.. it was so obvious.. and she was one of those very conservative types..
    Last edited by Guenever; March 28th, 2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    - "If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable"

Length
    Shoul/Class/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I HAVE coworkers, but they rarely see me. When they do they don't comment, but I am pretty sure they notice the hairdo's.

I have worn it down ONCE.. on Christmas, and they were stunned to see the amount of hair that I have

I mostly deal with clients (home health aide here), who I see on a weekly basis. I have a few who keep on asking me to turn around so they can see what I have done with it now *giggle* I love that.

My familiars no longer with me: Dixie: *1-6-1991 4-10-2009, Stuffie: *4-1994 29-1-2011, and Rakker: *26-3-2011 29-8-2018
    6-9-2015 Goodbye my dearest of human friends, shine bright

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eadwine View Post
    I HAVE coworkers, but they rarely see me. When they do they don't comment, but I am pretty sure they notice the hairdo's.

I have worn it down ONCE.. on Christmas, and they were stunned to see the amount of hair that I have

I mostly deal with clients (home health aide here), who I see on a weekly basis. I have a few who keep on asking me to turn around so they can see what I have done with it now *giggle* I love that.

Aww thats really sweet of them!
    Nov 8th update pict

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Guenever View Post
    I've received a couple of comments from co-workers..
    The first was a compliment on my black border max =) she really liked it!

And the other day I was redoing a bun during my break when one of my closest co-workers walked by.. Later that day she suddenly asked:
    "You have like.. crazy-long hair, right?"
    "Well.. I don't know.."
    "Yeah, sure you do.. I mean, it's down to your butt!! I just didn't know.. you always wear that bun-thingie.. why don't you wear it down more?"

Well, the answer to that is simple: I work in a kindergarden.. and the dirty fingers of grabby 2-year-olds are not really what I want pulling/fingering with my hair

They've never commented on my sticks.. I've never seen another person wearing sticks etc.. but I've seen some of the parents in the kindergarden casually walk around me to get a glimpse of them.. lol.. cracked me up once.. it was so obvious.. and she was one of those very conservative types..
    I remember whem my DD was first born and my hair was about waist, and how she would grab at it even at 2 she wanted to touch EVERYTHING; so I can't blame you. Thats to funny about the parents!!
    Nov 8th update pict

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    NO ONE wears hairsticks here either at least that I've ever seen at work or anywhere but no one comments on mine either. I do get comments on my flexi-8s at times as far as hair toys go and can't remember if on anything else. As for my hair I get comments more when I wear it down than up and they are always nice comments. I rarely get comments on my updos. Course I don't do any fancy ones really, just buns and messy french twists and braids. Sometimes they comment on my french braids. I have worked here a long time though so maybe it's old to them

I love the fact that hair sticks are a unique thing and not many people wear them (minus LHC)
    Nov 8th update pict

Length
    shldr/clsc/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Only once I got a comment--after wearing it up for months, I wore my hair down one day and one of them went something along the lines of "OMGWTFKEWL! Your hair is so long!!"

The closest thing I have to coworkers are my fellow grad students. They love it when I get new hair toys. The guys who sit behind me and next to me say that it gives them something to do when class gets a little boring, they check out my hair sticks and bun for the day. And I have received multiple compliments on different braids and one on my buff.

I get compliments from some fellow thespians. One man who has played my husband several times on stage knows how much I love hairsticks so every time I see him he asks me to turn around so he can admire my newest toy. I love that about him! I mean, he's a guy and all and still he will indulge me in my girly habits.
    When I go out in public I get stared at a lot because people just don't use hairsticks here. At least not often enough for it to be commonplace. At times I've felt that a woman wanted to ask but was too shy. But the first time I ever saw a woman wearing a hairstick I just spoke up and asked her. She was happy to show me how she wore it. I was so impressed that all the hair could be held up with one stick that I half wonder if this is at least part of the reason I'm growing my own hair out.
    I found LHC because I was looking for information on hairsticks. This is the way my life goes. One interest always seems to lead to another. It certainly keeps my life from being boring.