Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Length
    Pixie/31/36
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

After 13 months of growing my deep red henna out and having very mousey roots and absolutely hating it, I've ordered some lightning spray! Hopefully growing out a mousey colour into copper won't feel like such a stark contrast.

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalStar View Post
    After 13 months of growing my deep red henna out and having very mousey roots and absolutely hating it, I've ordered some lightning spray! Hopefully growing out a mousey colour into copper won't feel like such a stark contrast.
    Have you done the lightening yet? Would love to hear how it went for you.
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - Shoulder - CBL - APL - MBL - Waist - Hip

Length
    14/22/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I am going to try this! Thank you for sharing your experience and results.

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Just wanted to give an update after lightening session #2, which I finally did yesterday. I ran out of Sun-In halfway through, so I only applied and blow dried twice. My roots are still lighter in comparison, but I think the contrast is less obvious: https://imgur.com/a/bDmpReS These are under two different artificial light sources at night (the last is under fluorescent). I'm happy with it. It's still maybe a level away from my natural color, but it's significantly lighter and less red-red than before, and I think the length will transition with the lighter roots fairly well.
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - Shoulder - CBL - APL - MBL - Waist - Hip

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

That looks great Stardust lady! It’s a natural looking subtle red too but you can definitely tell it is red still. Beautiful

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    That looks great Stardust lady! It’s a natural looking subtle red too but you can definitely tell it is red still. Beautiful
    Thanks! I really prefer the lighter copper color on myself, now that I've tried both dark and light shades. I'm definitely working towards a color similar to yours at this point, which is basically what I had before. It's nice to learn to really appreciate something after trying the alternative.

Length
    Pixie/31/36
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

I've done one session, and have another planned for the weekend! The line of new growth does seem to be more blended, but it's so hard to tell if it's actually blended, or if I just REALLY hope it has!

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalStar View Post
    I've done one session, and have another planned for the weekend! The line of new growth does seem to be more blended, but it's so hard to tell if it's actually blended, or if I just REALLY hope it has!
    I felt the same way after my first session, and I had to take pictures in the same lighting to see how much lighter it was. It may take a few days to settle into a lighter shade.

What's your base color, under the henna? Are you growing out your natural or just transitioning to a lighter henna?

Edit: also, make sure to wait at least 2 weeks between sessions.

Length
    Pixie/31/36
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Yeah, I did it the weekend before last, so will have another crack at it this Saturday!

I want to return to my natural light brown colour, and am trying to lighten fully saturated henna... I don't hold out too much hope, but my housemate and partner both insist that it looks lighter (they're the type to just say that though!).

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Cool, just wanted to make sure. When I first read this thread, I for some reason thought I only had to wait a week, so I thought someone else might make that mistake.

I'm sure it's lighter! You see if every day, multiple times a day in the bathroom mirror probably (unless you don't have one), so you might not have noticed it. I think Nightshade originally wrote that she didn't notice too much after the first session, and hers definitely looked fully saturated. Maybe take a picture before you do the second session, then another one a week after, and compare?