Page 463 of 471 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 4701

Thread: Kinky 4s' thread

Default Re: Kinky 4s' thread

Wow, that looks like a Post your shrinkage worthy picture, I think no type 4 has posted there yet.
    You definitely look like you're aalmost hip even with the shirt not cooperating! Pre-Congratulations

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCrow View Post
    Wow, that looks like a Post your shrinkage worthy picture, I think no type 4 has posted there yet.
    You definitely look like you're aalmost hip even with the shirt not cooperating! Pre-Congratulations
    Thanks. I’m sneaking up on it. I’m looking to flat iron and trim at the end of the year and hope to be fully at hip. Then it’s onward to classic in 2021. I’ll settle for a full TBL, if I must. In either case, I won’t expect my shrunken hair to hang any longer than mbl at best. I’ll take that tho.

But again, once I get past hip, I’ll officially be longer than I’ve ever been in my life. I’m looking forward to that feeling again.

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Does anyone use As I Am products? Sally's has them at 50% off online rn.

Good luck on your journey NJoy. Yet I have to say MBL on type 4 hair looks extremely long when you know how much it does shrink.
    About As I Am products, my hair is just 3a and I have only ever tried their cowash but I love it. It's the only cowash that has worked for me. And in other curly hair forums I have read a lot of good reviews about their other products but I can tell myself.

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Hello 2021!

Feeling very hopeful for this year in general and some of that hope comes from my hair, as I can see the potential of my hair with all the knowledge I have accumulated over the MANY years of being natural (always learning though) . I feel like I have made many mistakes on getting to this point of knowing my hair, but I have made it here just the same.

I have learned the following:
    1. Which products can clump my hair (kinky curly or Taliah Wajiid or gel )
    2. My scalp actually does need to be shampoo'd on a regular aka at least once a week (or else it itches like crazy!)
    3. Knowing that the detangling process is the indicator step in seeing if I will actually see hair growth or no growth (always look at the amount of hair that came out of the brush/comb....and take pictures)
    4. Always use loads of conditioner when detangling PERIOD (one with slip, all conditioners are not the same- once you know how slippery your hair should feel it becomes natural to decide whether to add more water or conditioner to get that consistency......trust yourself you know when it feels right and when it just does not)
    5.Use a tool that gently detangles your hair not forces your hair to detangle, there should be no sounds of a pop, snap or snag......that will just lead to cringing and getting more frustrated and ripping more hair out....take your time with it (I prefer the 3-row comb, yes I detangle 4 type curls with a comb and I LOVE IT! )
    6. Detangle in small sections......it actually goes faster and is more thorough
    7. Dont forget roots need love too, detangle them as well......start with ends, end with root all the way up
    6. Take pictures along the way to see your progress (if you don't, who will?)
    7. Be weary of "curly/natural" hair salons or any salon really. If they are telling you that they will be able to "style" your hair or see your curls after paying for 3-4 visits with them that costs $250/visit........that means they don't know how to do your hair, they just want your money. Point, blank, the period. RUN! Far far away! - not all salons are like this, please interview your stylist b4 having them put a drop of water on your precious hair
    8. Don't try to cut your own hair (I am just not talented in this area.......believe me I have tried and failed SO MANY times, so I see a professional........that I have interviewed......and I feel comfortable with my hair. But I still style my own curls bc sadly they still don't know how to get them curls poppin')
    9. Moisturized hair feels the best! Its a feeling of the hair that can really tell me if my hair is moisturized, even from it just rubbing against my neck I can tell the difference if it is moisturized or not. My hair does not care if I use 5 different products or just 1 product, it don't care if it is an expensive product or not.........it don't care! It just wants to be moisturized, if it feels like this, it feels nicer and stronger like it won't break vs dry and angry almost like hay.
    10. Do you boo, proof is in the pudding. I have had haters every step of the way and every which way I turn concerning my natural kinky hair (mom, dad, sisters, stylists, random people) - I'm talking the REAL nasty kind or the kind that thinks they just know it ALL!!!! (Don't shampoo your hair, don't use this conditioner, your hair is ugly, when are you going to do something to your hair?, you walking out the house like that?(after 3 hours of hair work),............ And they typically have shorter, less healthy hair than me! .......Listen, at the end of the day my hair on my head is longer than it has ever been, no thanks to these people but thanks to what's inside of me and the faith I have in my God even for something as small as my hair, God cares. So pray up, be strong in your ability to take care of YOUR hair, and zone out them haters!

2021 Goals
    1. Learn how to LAY my baby hairs myself
    2. Cut down styling time to 3 hours or less
    3. Get a nice shape for my curls
    4. Have all my hair reach waist length

Mother of Crocodiles YvetteVarie's Avatar
    Length
    TWA/TWA/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Hello everyone. Thanks to the lockdown and being busy at work, I will have to spend 2 months before getting my locs re-tightened. My hair is definitely at its awkward stage right now, so if I do not bobby pin it down, I look like a hot mess. My current regimen is simple, shampoo weekly, and spray my locs with my moisturising spray every night and sleep with a scarf. The spray and scarf also help lay my locs down and not stick up everywhere. My length goal this year is shoulder length. Not sure if I will get there as my growth rate seems to have slowed down. But shoulder length would be great because of styling would be easier, and if my locs get heavier they will also stop sticking out in every direction
    fade -> EL->NL ~> APL ~> BSL ~> MBL ~> WL (stretched goals)

Cut off locs and restarting hair journey

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Edited to remove long, dramatic story. Seemed like attention-seeking. It wasn't. Anywho, just checking in.
    Last edited by NJoy; February 5th, 2021 at 07:26 AM.

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

I've stretched my hair with magnetic rollers for the first time in about 4 years. I have never had so much hair in my life. LOL. It's long and thick. I had to look up tutorials on how to style it. I've never dealt with my hair at 70-80% of its true length, and I haven't straightened it in at least a decade. A lot of it is waist length and some reaches hip length. It's an amazing experience that I wanted to briefly document here.

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Edited to remove long, dramatic story. Seemed like attention-seeking. It wasn't. Anywho, just checking in.
    hi
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by YvetteVarie View Post
    Hello everyone. Thanks to the lockdown and being busy at work, I will have to spend 2 months before getting my locs re-tightened. My hair is definitely at its awkward stage right now, so if I do not bobby pin it down, I look like a hot mess. My current regimen is simple, shampoo weekly, and spray my locs with my moisturising spray every night and sleep with a scarf. The spray and scarf also help lay my locs down and not stick up everywhere. My length goal this year is shoulder length. Not sure if I will get there as my growth rate seems to have slowed down. But shoulder length would be great because of styling would be easier, and if my locs get heavier they will also stop sticking out in every direction
    Do you ever miss the versatility and beauty of your loose hair? Locs seem so limiting to me personally.
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luxurioushair View Post
    I've stretched my hair with magnetic rollers for the first time in about 4 years. I have never had so much hair in my life. LOL. It's long and thick. I had to look up tutorials on how to style it. I've never dealt with my hair at 70-80% of its true length, and I haven't straightened it in at least a decade. A lot of it is waist length and some reaches hip length. It's an amazing experience that I wanted to briefly document here.

hi
    Oohh I wanna see!
    (Hi friends!)