Page 465 of 467 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467 LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 4668

Thread: Kinky 4s' thread

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Kinky 4s' thread

How come no one else in this thread shares pictures? One or two people every blue moon. It makes me feel so weird about sharing mine.

Length
    SL/WL/Term
    Type
    4b/4c/M/C/iii

Going back in the thread, I did note I barely saw any! I don't think I can upload anything directly - have to see if I can post links and I'll show my hair sometime. Be nice to have more photos around here - plus I noticed the visual hair typing system needs some 4a thru 4c!

I still haven't taken my hair down from the bun I created yesterday and I'm not sure if I will. I didn't really enjoy detangling my hair the last time I did it but honestly, I didn't even do an in-depth job. I don't really try to SUPER detangle my hair anymore because it's just like.. for what, tho? I remember I was like 12 detangling one section of my shoulder-length hair for an hour. I got so close. And then I went outside, the wind blew and it was o v e r.

I just feel like detangling to the point of "can run my fingers through it" does more harm than good for me.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by summertimes View Post
    Hi, I'm here to revive this thread! I'm Valentina or Summertimes, whatever, Idc. I'm pretty sure I'm 4B-4C. Right now, I'm at Waist Length Stretched and... drum roll, please... above shoulder length curly! It's fun, I get to have all the headaches of caring for it and none of the fun. No, I actually do like my hair even so - it's fun to try to grow it. My routine is currently as follows:

Wash hair whenever I feel like it/needs to be washed.
    Damp bun my hair up with a single ponytail holder.
    Moisturise any dangling bits that I chose to leave out.

And that's it. I use like one cream and whatever conditioner and shampoo is on sale. I'm boring
    Do you let it dry? In between the damp bunning? I mean damp bunning is fine but you have to have a point (give your scalp "rest" aka dryness) at which you need to let it down and dry first. Otherwise that may be a scalp condition waiting to happen. If you have always done it, and it's fine, then ignore me, but I would not just recommend this for anyone, especially with a problematic scalp.

Take me for instance, I have SD aka seborrheic dermatitis, if I were to do that, I would have red itchy spots in no time!

Meh well, tried and tested I suppose... Oh, nevermind me. I am just mentioning it out of concern. Hoping that not everyone just jumps on board and starts doing it, because... It's not the greatest thing to do.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/WL/Term
    Type
    4b/4c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Do you let it dry? In between the damp bunning? I mean damp bunning is fine but you have to have a point (give your scalp "rest" aka dryness) at which you need to let it down and dry first. Otherwise that may be a scalp condition waiting to happen. If you have always done it, and it's fine, then ignore me, but I would not just recommend this for anyone, especially with a problematic scalp.

Take me for instance, I have SD aka seborrheic dermatitis, if I were to do that, I would have red itchy spots in no time!

Meh well, tried and tested I suppose... Oh, nevermind me. I am just mentioning it out of concern. Hoping that not everyone just jumps on board and starts doing it, because... It's not the greatest thing to do.
    I totally forgot to respond to this! I actually did take your advice - well somewhat :P The inside of my hair was still too damp for my liking when I took it down to check so I let it air dry a bit for about 3 hours until it was less wet, haha. My scalp always dries pretty quickly, though - generally speaking, I don't really get scalp issues though. It was always weird even seeing dandruff in my head so I'm lucky in that regard! I do, however, highly appreciate the concern and I'm sure everyone else appreciates the reminder, too.

----

Oh that note, I wish to play with my hair. That's my issue with buns. It does tend to get boring but I'm trying to focus on other things in my life besides playing with my hair.

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Going back in the thread, I did note I barely saw any! I don't think I can upload anything directly - have to see if I can post links and I'll show my hair sometime. Be nice to have more photos around here - plus I noticed the visual hair typing system needs some 4a thru 4c!

I still haven't taken my hair down from the bun I created yesterday and I'm not sure if I will. I didn't really enjoy detangling my hair the last time I did it but honestly, I didn't even do an in-depth job. I don't really try to SUPER detangle my hair anymore because it's just like.. for what, tho? I remember I was like 12 detangling one section of my shoulder-length hair for an hour. I got so close. And then I went outside, the wind blew and it was o v e r.

I just feel like detangling to the point of "can run my fingers through it" does more harm than good for me.
    You can set up your own gallery with pictures then link them in. That's what I did way back in the thread. A lot of members have their own gallery pictures. I don't take much pictures since I'm terrible at it.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    2"/WL/hip
    Type
    4c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    How come no one else in this thread shares pictures? One or two people every blue moon. It makes me feel so weird about sharing mine.
    I think a lot of people here hardly take hair pictures? In my case, my hair is in twists on the average day, nothing exciting about that!
    I only take pictures when my hair's all loosened and looking fancy. Which only happens maybe once a year. The rest of the time I just dc, wash, loosen sections and redo the sections right away.
    I should start enjoying my hair to the fullest sometime. I'm sure there's some nice easy stretching routine for long 4c hair online, and Naturally High probably has it.

aaand...yes she has it

(No I am not going to do this nightly lol. Her hair is coarse, mine is fine. Fiddling with my hair nightly would be an awful idea.)
    I guess I'll forget about taking down my hair often. If I do it just once in a while that's fine.
    Last edited by luxurioushair; February 2nd, 2022 at 11:28 AM.
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    Clrbn :: APL :: BSL+ ::MBL:: WAIST :: abyss??? :: hip :: TBL
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    2"/WL/hip
    Type
    4c/F/iii

Ah I also think that's not a good idea. If your hair is 4B-4C then it's more of a woven tapestry. The idea is to detangle until the strands are in a regular pattern. Running your fingers through is probably not the goal...ever. Which is why combs destroy our hair anyway. Combs are for "run your fingers through" hair. Not a woven tapestry of strands that love to hug one another. ���� Our hair does well in "groups", not individual strands...

THIS IS ALL JUST MY OPINION, IT'S NOT SCIENTIFIC OR EXPERT OR WHATEVER!!

Length
    2"/WL/hip
    Type
    4c/F/iii

Also I recently got some Tresemme Moisture Rich and my hair loves it. It smells great too, just a nice product and the bottles are so big I think they'll last me more than a year. (The shampoo at least. will last ages, maybe not the conditioner)
    It has some "sulfates" and "sulfonates" though for those who are concerned about that.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I totally forgot to respond to this! I actually did take your advice - well somewhat :P The inside of my hair was still too damp for my liking when I took it down to check so I let it air dry a bit for about 3 hours until it was less wet, haha. My scalp always dries pretty quickly, though - generally speaking, I don't really get scalp issues though. It was always weird even seeing dandruff in my head so I'm lucky in that regard! I do, however, highly appreciate the concern and I'm sure everyone else appreciates the reminder, too.

----

Oh that note, I wish to play with my hair. That's my issue with buns. It does tend to get boring but I'm trying to focus on other things in my life besides playing with my hair.
    Thank you, because I don't want to, please no, mess someone's good functioning and working routine up.

If it's always worked for you: kudos to you.

I let mine air dry for quite a bit, for my liking, and that's 5H. And it's up in claw clips then, curly girl style, so I should talk, right. LOL But then I take it down and all I then have to do is quickly run the diffuser through on warm (if the air does not burn your hand, it is a great temperature for the hair as well). And then at least my scalp is dry.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Mother of Crocodiles YvetteVarie's Avatar
    Length
    TWA/BSB/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Hello. Haven't been here in a while because school, family and work have been hectic.

Hair-wise, nothing has changed. I still have locs, they are 1 year and 5 months old now, and are very unruly toddlers. I got really sick in September last year, and my hair quit growing for some months after that. However, my hair is growing again, and I can now do a high pony without using bobby pins, and my locs are now grazing SL (started at neck length).

My routine is very simple, I shampoo my hair every 2 weeks, airdry or blowdry my hair, and lightly oil my scalp. I sleep with a headscarf so my hair lies down in the direction I want it to go the next day. Daily styles include using a hair band, a high pony or a half up. I get my locs re-tightened by my loctician every 2 or 3 months depending on how much new growth I have. I also put in some silver beads just to have fun with my hair.
    NL ~> APL ~> BSL ~> MBL ~> WL ~>HL ~> TBL (loc'ed goals)

Loc'ed since 9 September 2020.