4c/F/iii

Default Re: Kinky 4s' thread

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Oohh I wanna see!
    (Hi friends!)
    Hi! About the pics, I'll have to think about when I want to share those
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Mother of Crocodiles YvetteVarie's Avatar
    Length
    TWA/TWA/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by luxurioushair View Post
    Do you ever miss the versatility and beauty of your loose hair? Locs seem so limiting to me personally.
    I do not miss my loose hair at all. Locs are so convenient for me right now given how hectic my life is with 2 kids under 4, work, and my Masters degree. I enjoy not having to think of what to do with my hair. I also wasn't very gifted at styling/putting my hair in protective styles so locs are such an amazing option to me.The only thing I do dislike is having to go to someone for retightenings, between March 2019 and September 2020 I never went to a stylist.

Otherwise, I love my locs and wish I had started them sooner.
    fade -> EL->NL ~> APL ~> BSL ~> MBL ~> WL (stretched goals)

Cut off locs and restarting hair journey

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by YvetteVarie View Post
    I do not miss my loose hair at all. Locs are so convenient for me right now given how hectic my life is with 2 kids under 4, work, and my Masters degree. I enjoy not having to think of what to do with my hair. I also wasn't very gifted at styling/putting my hair in protective styles so locs are such an amazing option to me.The only thing I do dislike is having to go to someone for retightenings, between March 2019 and September 2020 I never went to a stylist.

Well okay, sounds good.
    But I can never let go of my Afro, I love it. Well it's more of a canopy than a halo now.
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    17.5/26/27
    Type
    4a/F/M/i/ii

Hi! A relaxed (more like texlaxed) 4a here! I've been growing my hair back to the length before I cut it, which was like an inch past BSL. I'm almost back there again, just short of BSL right now and growing. Glad to see so many styles welcomed here, from relaxed to loc'd and all the protective styles too.

Length
    MBL/WL+/TBL+
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Does anyone here have good luck with hair fork buns? I have 3B hair but with a kinky texture, so I'm looking for pictures of textured buns using hair toys.

Length
    NL/WL/HL
    Type
    4b/M/iii

I was minding my business on Pinterest when I came across pictures of a girl with kinky hair wearing hair toys. Apparently, Lilla Rose has a kinky hair model for some of their accessories.

Here’s one of them I saved: https://pin.it/2CdRZ6V

If you dig through their product pages and tutorials, you might find more with this girl.

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by YvetteVarie View Post

My sis has been going around with hip length locs since she had my nephew. There was just the one time she shaved it off on a very hot summer but regrew it.

My hair is starting to recover from the the hair loss last year. The roots are coming in thick and I cut back to waist length.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    SL/WL/Term
    Type
    4b/4c/M/C/iii

Hi, I'm here to revive this thread! I'm Valentina or Summertimes, whatever, Idc. I'm pretty sure I'm 4B-4C. Right now, I'm at Waist Length Stretched and... drum roll, please... above shoulder length curly! It's fun, I get to have all the headaches of caring for it and none of the fun. No, I actually do like my hair even so - it's fun to try to grow it. My routine is currently as follows:

Wash hair whenever I feel like it/needs to be washed.
    Damp bun my hair up with a single ponytail holder.
    Moisturise any dangling bits that I chose to leave out.

And that's it. I use like one cream and whatever conditioner and shampoo is on sale. I'm boring

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by summertimes View Post
    Hi, I'm here to revive this thread! I'm Valentina or Summertimes, whatever, Idc. I'm pretty sure I'm 4B-4C. Right now, I'm at Waist Length Stretched and... drum roll, please... above shoulder length curly! It's fun, I get to have all the headaches of caring for it and none of the fun. No, I actually do like my hair even so - it's fun to try to grow it. My routine is currently as follows:

Wash hair whenever I feel like it/needs to be washed.
    Damp bun my hair up with a single ponytail holder.
    Moisturise any dangling bits that I chose to leave out.

And that's it. I use like one cream and whatever conditioner and shampoo is on sale. I'm boring
    Welcome Summer,
    a simple routine is easiest to keep going.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    SL/WL/Term
    Type
    4b/4c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairkay View Post
    Welcome Summer,
    a simple routine is easiest to keep going.
    Thanks for the welcome! That's true - I guess I just sort of miss the excitement of products sometimes. But I also like spending less money