Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Almond Oil?

Length
    14shr/32hip/39cls
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Almond Oil?

Quote Originally Posted by joyfulmom4 View Post
    Of the oils I have tried so far, sweet almond oil has been my favorite. I just like the way it feels in my hair. I found that coconut oil made my hair feel too lank and clumpy. Jojoba oil was better but didn't leave my hair as smooth and soft. I have used Moroccan Oil and it is nice, but it's a combo oil which also contains cones, so it's a real slick feeling oil and not as heavily moisturizing. I like the almond best. It gives me nice soft hair and absorbs well into my hair w/o leaving it oily like coconut.
    I have used the almond oil in my hair once, as a leave-in and didn't really like the results but it was probably because I had too much buildup from other stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I love sweet almond oil, i started using it for heavy oilings and loved the results, made my hair feel really soft and silky, i've also used it for light oilings and found it smooths and gives lovely shine. In fact i almost prefer it to coconut oil which is usually my favourite
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    14/26.5/Hip +
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I have used the almond oil in my hair once, as a leave-in and didn't really like the results but it was probably because I had too much buildup from other stuff
    Me too, I tried almond oil on its own as a leave in, and found it too heavy for my light-weight hair. In the coconut oil butter mixture it works nicely though. But my daughter's hair is heavier and course, and it works well for her.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Hi ~GypsyCurls~! I have used almond oil on my hair as a heavy pre-wash treatment, and I had very good results (soft, tangle-free moisutized hair). When I use it as a leave-in, I put just a few drops on wet hair and I get smooth soft hair.

Also, I use it on my face after I wash it, both morning and evening. It doesn't make my face look oily, but luminous and moisturized, which is what I need in wintertime. It makes my SPF, face powder and eye-make up look much better.

But what works for some may not work for others, so you should try it to find out. HTH
    Murphy' Law of Technology No.51:
    Any attempt to print Murphy's laws will jam the printer.

Length
    nape/shdlr/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by <She> View Post
    Hi ~GypsyCurls~! I have used almond oil on my hair as a heavy pre-wash treatment, and I had very good results (soft, tangle-free moisutized hair). When I use it as a leave-in, I put just a few drops on wet hair and I get smooth soft hair.

Also, I use it on my face after I wash it, both morning and evening. It doesn't make my face look oily, but luminous and moisturized, which is what I need in wintertime. It makes my SPF, face powder and eye-make up look much better.

But what works for some may not work for others, so you should try it to find out. HTH
    +1, Almond oil is very nice indeed, but comparatively expensive for me. the beauty of this oil is such that you can apply it on your face too (you can wash it after keeping it for 15 mins.) it will give much smooth, cleaner look to your face.

Length
    14shr/32hip/39cls
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by <She> View Post

Ooh I want to try that too! I use mineral makeup, it seems like it's the only kind that works for me but I always get flakes. I use retinol day/night cream which I think contributes to the flakiness. I will try putting abit of the oil on my face and see if that works for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Length
    8"/30"/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I use sweet almond oil every day and I love it! I use 4 drops on damp hair on wash days and 2 drops about half way down the length to the tips on no-wash days. HTH!

Mary <><
    Matthew 5:14-16

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I've tried sweet almond oil and like it no better but no worse than the majority of oils I've tried.

It's a heavier oil, but not as heavy as shea. It's easier to spread than shea, though, and I like it for when I really need something 'strong' (deep oilings come to mind, but I rarely do those), but for day to day use I like jojoba or grapeseed.

Basically, I've tried it once and won't be buying it again because occasional hair and cooking use (don't much like it for that either) does not justify owning it, for me.
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!

Length
    10''/APL/Term.
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Almond oil is my friend. I'm a wavy and it doesn't weigh them down

Hayley
    If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.
    -Hei

Hi, My name is: Alexis AnimaSola3o4's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Aah. This thread has rekindled my love for sweet almond oil! I have a bottle of it just begging to be used. I think I'll do some heavy oilings with it and maybe just a bit of light oiling. I always liked it, but I got out of the habit of using oils period. I remember that when I did use it on dry hair, my hair soaked it right up and didnt look greasy or anything, just softer.

Keep your head up, makes your hair look longer! Only micro-trimming from here on out!!! YAY!!