Page 1 of 1491 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Buzz | Ear | Chin

I am returning, after a very, very long absence. Around August 2007, I had a major (and I do mean MAJOR) chop. My hair ended up about 1 inch long all over, and I have been trying to recover ever since. I am now at about 10 inches, which doesn't sound long at all (mainly because it isn't), but I am trying to get back to long. It's a slow, painful process.

Is anyone else in the same boat? If you are, what length did you start at and how is it going for you?
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/Shldr/Trmnl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Do I qualify?

"We are now entering subspace. Please stand by and await further disruptions."

Length
    chin/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

My starting point three months ago:

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

You sure do, Fluke! Your hair looks like mine, about when I first got it cut. How long do you think you'd like your hair to get? Mine used to be waist-length, though I went shorter gradually, and it was below chin-length prior to the the BIG chop. I'd like to get back to waist-length one day. That's my current goal -- but I'll aim for shoulder-length for starters. How about you?

Wow, LawyerGirl! You are also where I started. How is it going for you? What is your length goal? What made you decide to go so short and now grow it out?

It is fantastic to know I'm not the only one in this position and that we can support each other on this journey!!
    Last edited by Pixna; January 10th, 2009 at 02:29 PM.

Length
    chin/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Pixna, my goal right now is somewhere in between BSL and waist, I think. I have had short hair most of my life, the longest my hair has been ever is probably in the APL area. I had been keeping it shoulder length but went in to get it chopped up to chin and the hairdresser totalllllly misunderstood and gave me long chin length layers in front and then shaved the back. I cried and cried, and once I had someone else even it up, I ended up with what you saw in the picture.

I decided to grow it out because I miss feeling super girly, and I feel like long hair suits my personality better. Plus, I am impatiently waiting for my BF to propose... and when he does, I want to feel beautiful, not "funky" or "punk" or "daring" or whatever. The hard part, though... is the growing out. Ugh!

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Is it really you? Welcome back!

I recently cut back to waist, and that seems short to me! Happy growing again.

You're back, you're back, you're back!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Oh my, LawyerGirl, that's quite a story -- and a sad one. But, it has a happy ending -- long hair and a proposal on the way! My cut was due to a moment of midlife insanity, combined with the influence of others who seemed to believe I was a curly girl (I'm not), and my lame-brained assumption that my hair would be curlier if it were shorter (nope, another falsity--it just cuts any curl there is right off!). I'm afraid I'll be petrified wood by the time my hair gets to where I want it to be, as I am in my midfifties. Apparently stupidity has no age barriers!!!

Flaxen!!! You remember me -- thank you!!! I appreciate your good wishes. I can only WISH I were at waist-length now. For now, I will keep dreaming and thinking happy thoughts (which hopefully will encourage my follicles to grow!).
    Last edited by Teacherbear; February 27th, 2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: merge 2 posts

Length
    12/19/24
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LawyerGirl View Post
    I decided to grow it out because I miss feeling super girly, and I feel like long hair suits my personality better. Plus, I am impatiently waiting for my BF to propose... and when he does, I want to feel beautiful, not "funky" or "punk" or "daring" or whatever. The hard part, though... is the growing out. Ugh!
    I'm in the same boat Hoping for a proposal over the next year, so I wanted to give up the short hair - at least for a while!

Going long after being short for 6 years!

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

You and Tresses were the first to welcome me at Shawnee's site. I couldn't forget you!

Fifties, schmifties, you're not stupid, and there is no reason why you can't grow to waist or even longer again, if you want to. I probably still have the picture I "grew" for you around here somewhere, too.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

You're making good strides, Serabelle!! Perhaps we can all check in with each other occasionally and see how we are progressing!

I can't believe how long ago I joined the site, Flaxen -- isn't that incredible?!! Thanks for your kind words of support. It's been tough since the chop -- very emotional. Is Tresses still on LHC? I just hope my hair can get long again (REALLY long) before I'm sixty (I'm wishing VERY hard!). I still have the "growing" picture you made, believe it or not. I really appreciated your doing that!
    Last edited by Teacherbear; February 27th, 2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: merge 2 posts