Page 1299 of 1299 FirstFirst ... 299799119912491289129712981299
Results 12,981 to 12,990 of 12990

Thread: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Length
    2/20/30
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Redeyedtreefr0g, I had a 2 inch pixie when I first started growing out my hair, and I got so many haircuts trying to make it look good while I was in the process of growing it out. I regret them all. I highly recommend that anyone growing their hair out from a very short length avoid these "styling" haircuts, except to level up the bottom of the hair so you don't end up with an obvious mullet. I really wish I had stuck with that and just dealt with the awkward layers around the face instead of trying to get cuts to improve it. I slowed down my progress by at least a year, probably a year and a half with these cuts.

Length
    3/4/3/4/48
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Here's where I am currently. I almost always have my hair up that can be put up so I don't have any pictures of it doesn't currently.
    I had it about shoulder length in October of last year.
    Cut it short and I wish I hadn't but that's life!!
    Really not looking forward to the awkward length that is coming

Length
    chin/84.5c/term?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Eve-Jade-Day View Post
    Did I kill the thread?

I was so close to whipping out my nail scissors and attacking the ends of my hair...

Welcome to month 9 of growing out a buzz cut.

Now, we started here, so that's progress. I don't want to ruin my "streak" of not cutting my hair, because I hadn't went as long since I grew my hair in grade 7-8 (I desperately needed a trim) - so I got leave-in conditioner and decided to plow on.

No scissors near my head, nope!

I love that gif.

Brb, updating my album!
    Just thought I'd pop in here and tell you how thrilled I am for you that you are still growing out your hair and not cutting it! It looks AMAZING!! :-)

Chin--SL--APL--BSL--MBL--Waist--Hip--BCL--TB--Classic--Beyond...?

Length
    0-1"/1-2"/WL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Hi gang. I used to be a long hair a long time ago. I've had extremely short hair for about 9-10 years. Buzzed sides and back with an inch or two on top. I'm just getting started growing it out and trying to take really good care of my hair, knowing it'll be my ends eventually! I'm planning on getting microtrims around every 10 weeks or so to keep it from getting damaged and just cutting the back to keep from getting a mullet. My fine hair is easily damaged and I know if I don't do microtrims, I'll lose more to breakage in there end. I'm going to henna it soon to keep it strong to grow long!

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/32
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Popping back in here to check in & admit that I cut my hair again. About a month & a half ago, I buzzed off most of my hair again, leaving the top with whatever length I had gained. It was a combo of a lot of things that drove me to do it (frustration about lack of control in my life due to chronic illness worsening, coming to terms with the fact that I am non-binary, feeling powerless about a miserable work situation...). & for most of the time since I've felt really good about the decision. The shorter hair made me feel more put together & more like I was presenting how I wanted. I also did a colour stripper & a single round of medium volume bleach to get my hair to orange & then covered it with neon orange dye. I was feeling really bright & fun & fashionable.

Only... a few days ago I started greatly regretting it. I felt really uncomfortable in my body & my presentation & started feeling really upset with myself for cutting & bleaching when I had made so much progress. (It really didn't help that my depression was flaring up something fierce at the same time.) I did a low volume permenant brown dye over the orange yesterday because the orange just felt completely foreign & uncomfortable for me. That change made a world of difference & I feel much more back in my comfort zone. Which is interesting because I've never found a natural colour to feel more comfortable than a bright one before. But here we are.

The colour change really took the edge off the regret, but now I'm unsure what to do with my hair. I just re-buzzed it a couple of weeks ago, so it doesn't really NEED anything right now, so I don't have to make a decision right now. But it does have me thinking more seriously about what I want. A big part of me wants to grow long again. I really miss being about to do braids & use my hair toys & just the way long hair looks on me. But I've felt that way before & I still keep making rash decisions that set me back.

I guess really what I'm looking for is some advice. I'm sure at least some of you have been in my boat before with impulse hair cutting & colouring decisions. What's worked for you guys to kick the habit? How do you keep feeling yourself when you're in awkward in between stages? How do you stay focused & motivated on not setting yourself back?

Wow this wound up being quite a novel. Sorry about that...

Tl;dr: I impulse cut & bleached my hair again & I'm starting to get real annoyed with myself for continuing to make such choices. Any advice on kicking that habit?
    It's been 2 Weeks since my last hair cutting nonsense.
    Let's see how long I can go!

Length
    Pixie/15"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I wish you luck on fighting the impulse decisions. I struggle with that myself and while I've not cut, I have colored. A couple moths back I bleached and went pastel pink then this morning I tried to dye a golden blonde over the pink and got rose gold instead. Its really pretty though and I know the pink will keep fading.

My hair is steadily growing. Its at a awful stage right now, to short too put up, too long to do a messy look. Just long enough for the curls to come out and stick up/out. Most days I just try to comb it into something presentable. When I really hate it, I put on a buff and cover my whole head.

I've been tempted to get a trim, just to even up things a bit since I get uneven growth but really it would just be a waste of money at this point so I'm leaving it be.
    Stay calm and waffle on

Quote Originally Posted by Asrai View Post
    Tl;dr: I impulse cut & bleached my hair again & I'm starting to get real annoyed with myself for continuing to make such choices. Any advice on kicking that habit?
    Hi Asrai, congrats on figuring your identity out! Don't be so harsh on yourself. You were obviously experiencing a lot of emotional distress, and I'm glad you're feeling better My advice would be to seek new ways to change your appearance/make yourself feel better that don't have to do with your hair. I'm growing out my buzzcut and I'm currently having fun with my nails! Therapy could also help by treating the underlying issues. Also, experimenting with clothing could help you both with gender feelings and "need-to-change" feelings.

Length
    2/5/25
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I wish you luck on fighting the impulse decisions. I struggle with that myself and while I've not cut, I have colored. A couple moths back I bleached and went pastel pink then this morning I tried to dye a golden blonde over the pink and got rose gold instead. Its really pretty though and I know the pink will keep fading.

My hair is steadily growing. Its at a awful stage right now, to short too put up, too long to do a messy look. Just long enough for the curls to come out and stick up/out. Most days I just try to comb it into something presentable. When I really hate it, I put on a buff and cover my whole head.

I've been tempted to get a trim, just to even up things a bit since I get uneven growth but really it would just be a waste of money at this point so I'm leaving it be.
    Yes mine is at this awkward stage too. I can't tie it up and its all uneven. I have been wearing my hair in a 'man bun' at the moment, half of my hair is up. it's the only thing I can do right now, clips and bobby pins are too annoying for me and also hurt my head.

Length
    4,3/5,7/28,3
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Hello Asrai, former-cutter / dreadlocker / colourer here! I finally reached chin with my natural haircolour a few week ago, and TBH what helped me is ... an application called I am Sober, where you can customize your ‘addiction’ and having to pledge every day that i will not cut my hair helped me a lot ☺️ I will have my 1 year anniversary next month and it’s a great feeling to hitting milestones (1 day, 1 week, etc.) As for the urge, i call someone or I start to paint on paper (all of my emotions - well, sometimes its just black on black &#129300. Stress can do that to you, and i hope you’ll have calmer times coming up ❤️

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/32
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Thank you for the encouragement everyone. I really appreciate it & it has helped me feel less down on myself for my hair decisions. I realize that, much like my decisions to cut & bleach were emotionally motivated, so was the act of feeling guilty for doing so. I'm trying to focus my energy into more creative endeavors that help me express myself. I think the idea of focusing on my nails is a great one; I used to be really into nail art & have amassed a rather huge collection of polishes that have been getting neglected. The idea of making time to play with them really just sorta works for me. I've also been watching make up & fashion tutorials & doing online window shopping to appease my need to change things up. I've always loved vintage style & researching various looks has helped me shift focus off of my hair. It also gives me a goal; a lot of the looks I really love look way better with at least shoulder length hair imo so I've got that to look forward to!

A big part of my issue too is that I own hair scissors & a clippers & I'm pretty good with them, so I can't tell myself that I'm trying not to mess up my hair because I know that I can make it look decent. I'm thinking I might have my roommate hide my hair cutting tools in their room to help reduce the feasibility of impulse hair cutting.

drummer - I've downloaded that app & so far it seems good! I feel a little silly for using a tool that's meant for substance addiction to quit messing with my hair, but if I'm being honest, while messing with my hair has lower consequences, the way I approach it does border on addiction. I have a tendency to do things like hide that I'm doing something from my roommate & girlfriend because I know they'll try to stop me because they know that I don't actually want it. So! Giving I Am Sober a try! I really like the time tracker; I think that'll really help keep me on course to be able to see a visualization of how long I've gone without buzzing it all off.
    It's been 2 Weeks since my last hair cutting nonsense.
    Let's see how long I can go!