Page 265 of 267 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267 LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    APL/WL/CL

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Castor is very heavy and can cause build up when applied directly. If you use a carrier oil (I recommend sweet almond has it's lighter and also good for the scalp) then this helps greatly and it easier to wash out. You can drop a few drops of rosemary or peppermint oil in the mix to help with the growth and promote circulation. I've had wonderful results. Didn't know about using castor on the eyelashes though! Keen to try this out.

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

What ratios of castor oil and other oils is everyone using? I think I will mix it with sweet almond oil but I'm not sure how much!
    ☼ Cut bleach out to CBL 08/22

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

What's everyone's favorite carrier oil for CO? I've been pre-pooing with oil since my scalp has been dry, red and painful, and it's helped so much. My hair is nicer too, no frizz. I've been mixing with coconut oil and a few drops of peppermint and rosemary since my hairline is receding a bit. Been thinking of trying it with grapeseed oil mixed with olive oil, since I've heard good things about that combo.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I’ve mixed castor oil with avocado oil 50/50. It’s a rich combo but worked well for rinse out oiling.
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    What ratios of castor oil and other oils is everyone using? I think I will mix it with sweet almond oil but I'm not sure how much!
    You could mix it half and half or even as low as 1/4 castor oil to 3/4 almond oil and it should be fine.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    Waist/TBL/Class
    Type
    2a/F/ii

It feels a bit early to call, but it seems like my oil mix and massages are working! I started with a castor/avocado/rosemary blend around a month ago, and I've been massaging it into my scalp, a little every day and more just before my wash every 5-7 days. At first the shedding was heavier and I was getting quite worried, but I thought I'd give it a go for a bit longer as a lot of people said on here that it should stop after a while. In the last week I suddenly became aware that my scalp felt different. It took a few more feels and a check in the mirror, but it looks like I'm getting the stubble of new grown hair all over my scalp! Who knows if it'll grow as long as the rest of my hair, and if it does it'll take ages to get there, but I really would love thicker hair.

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I tried castor oil mixed with almond oil tonight and it is so shiny!

Sorry I don't know how to rotate the photo
    ☼ Cut bleach out to CBL 08/22

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I love castor oil and I believe in its hair growing abilities, definitely have noticed a difference in the past year I have used it, great to reduce shedding as well. I use any carrier oil depending on what my hair is asking me for. Usually olive, coconut, or sweet almond oil. I like to do 1 tbs castor per 2 tbs carrier. Every 2 weeks, or once a week if I'm feeling generous and have the time

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I just ordered some coconut and castor oil for my scalp. What ratio would you recommend I use?
    Hopefully the coconut oil would work on my hair length as well

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I originally tried castor oil with coconut oil, but I think my hair doesn't agree with coconut oil. It makes it seem pretty hydrated, but it gives it a crunchier texture.

I used castor oil with almond oil yesterday (and few drops peppermint and rosemary), and today it was soft and airy. Time to figure out what to do with a jar of coconut oil.
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - Shoulder - CBL - APL - MBL - Waist - Hip