Page 263 of 267 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I have tried castor oil. It really works. I used it previously with coconut and rosemary oil for years. Now I bought a premium oil that includes different oils : Almond oil, castor oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, emu oil, amla oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E, olive oil. A mixture of all.

Length
    13/13/24
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Emu oil??

What is this magic blend, Rapunzelroberts, and how long have you been using it?

Length
    18/25.75/36
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I tried washing out castor oil without putting on conditioner in my hair for 30 mins before and just wanted to post my thoughts/results here.

I was surprised at how much harder it was to wash out castor oil! I soaked my hair in the water for a lot longer so the oil would have more time to break down and I wouldn't have to use as much shampoo. My hair doesn't feel overly dry or even have residue oil. However, when I used CWC, my hair was much softer and washing out castor oil was a lot easier.

Just tried a 1:1 castor oil and coconut oil mix on the roots last night. Applied with fingertips, left in for 45 minutes, then CWC’d it out using a Chagrin Valley shampoo bar for the W and Aussie something or other for the Cs. It took quite a bit of massaging to get it all out, but the roots feel lovely and soft now, with a bit more volume than usual. Worth a repeat, I think.

Length
    CBL/BSL/HL
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

i've been applying castor oil to my roots (and giving myself head massages every once in a while) and oh boy my baby hairs are growing FAST!

i read like the first 70 pages trying to find answer to my question but didn't find anything related. i'm planning on making a castor oil mix with another oil for easier application, around 1:1 or 2:1 castor oil to carrier oil ratio. i really dislike the smell of coconut and olive oil so they're out of the game, sadly. i have jojoba oil, sweet almond oil and avocado oil on hand but i don't know what's their difference?
    jojoba oil is closest to sebum, avocado oil is said to penetrate the hair/skin and sweet almond oil is the lightest of them. does it matter which i mix my castor oil with? i'm also adding peppermint essential oil to the mix to give it a nice smell and to promote hair growth even more.

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tulirepo View Post
    i've been applying castor oil to my roots (and giving myself head massages every once in a while) and oh boy my baby hairs are growing FAST!

i read like the first 70 pages trying to find answer to my question but didn't find anything related. i'm planning on making a castor oil mix with another oil for easier application, around 1:1 or 2:1 castor oil to carrier oil ratio. i really dislike the smell of coconut and olive oil so they're out of the game, sadly. i have jojoba oil, sweet almond oil and avocado oil on hand but i don't know what's their difference?
    jojoba oil is closest to sebum, avocado oil is said to penetrate the hair/skin and sweet almond oil is the lightest of them. does it matter which i mix my castor oil with? i'm also adding peppermint essential oil to the mix to give it a nice smell and to promote hair growth even more.
    Hello! To answer the question, I have mixed castor oil with almond oil and grape seed oil. I don't think it matters which oils you will mix,it will not have a bad impact on your hair. You just have to find the one that suits you better for your hair type. For instance, I found that my hair thin and fine absorbs flax seed oil and almond oil best. I have never tried avocado ,jojoba and argan because they are extremely hard to find here in pure form and they are extremely expensive as well! But back on topic,yes castor oil is thick and hard to spread but you can warm it in hot water so it becomes ease to use. I think that is called hot oil treatment. On peppermint essential oil subject,please please please be careful with dose. If you put too much it can cause dandruff and irritation. I used it in a rinse that I found on instagram and my hair became so itchy, which is an irony considering that the rinse is for preventing itch. Lol.

Length
    CBL/BSL/HL
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade Beauty View Post
    Hello! To answer the question, I have mixed castor oil with almond oil and grape seed oil. I don't think it matters which oils you will mix,it will not have a bad impact on your hair. You just have to find the one that suits you better for your hair type. For instance, I found that my hair thin and fine absorbs flax seed oil and almond oil best. I have never tried avocado ,jojoba and argan because they are extremely hard to find here in pure form and they are extremely expensive as well! But back on topic,yes castor oil is thick and hard to spread but you can warm it in hot water so it becomes ease to use. I think that is called hot oil treatment. On peppermint essential oil subject,please please please be careful with dose. If you put too much it can cause dandruff and irritation. I used it in a rinse that I found on instagram and my hair became so itchy, which is an irony considering that the rinse is for preventing itch. Lol.
    Thanks for the warning! I made ~5% PEO oil mix which I've used for three weeks about every other day 2-4 hours before CO-washing and sometimes even diluted that with some more castor oil. Can't remember the exact measurements from memory but I used castor oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil for the mix. I purchased a bottle of 'Extra Mild Olive Oil' that's supposed to have almost no smell or taste so I'll give it a try later this week. If I don't like it on my hair, it'll go for cooking! Sadly I ran out of my avocado oil but if I don't like the olive oil I'll probably go and by another bottle of that.
    from all of the colors of the rainbow to virgin hair to henna head
    CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HP - TBL
    CO-washes and braided buns

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tulirepo View Post
    Thanks for the warning! I made ~5% PEO oil mix which I've used for three weeks about every other day 2-4 hours before CO-washing and sometimes even diluted that with some more castor oil. Can't remember the exact measurements from memory but I used castor oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil for the mix. I purchased a bottle of 'Extra Mild Olive Oil' that's supposed to have almost no smell or taste so I'll give it a try later this week. If I don't like it on my hair, it'll go for cooking! Sadly I ran out of my avocado oil but if I don't like the olive oil I'll probably go and by another bottle of that.
    Whatever works for you,just easy with the essential oils Good luck!

Type
    3c/4a/C/ii/iii

I really wanted to like this oil but I find it too heavy to use on my scalp. Gave me major itchies, not an allergic reaction, more like " it's time to wash your hair" kind of itch.

Also, I find it doesn't soften, it acts like a strengthening treatment.

Anyone else find this and found a way to make castor work for them?

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Halee_J View Post
    I really wanted to like this oil but I find it too heavy to use on my scalp. Gave me major itchies, not an allergic reaction, more like " it's time to wash your hair" kind of itch.

Also, I find it doesn't soften, it acts like a strengthening treatment.

Anyone else find this and found a way to make castor work for them?
    I mix it with almond oil or coconut and it helps make it better to work with.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.