Page 261 of 262 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262 LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2611

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I suffer from 90ís browistis too !!!
    Junior high 80ís I made them punk. And 90ís college pencil thin 😔.

I spent a late night with a science article about growing, processing and industrial uses of castor oil , bio fuel addictive ect.1400 year old history of use original Asia.
    The cold pressed untreated oil is light yellow. This is usually a good thing in oil.
    The oil is usually processed without heat several ways for pharmaceutical uses, and hexene used for industrial products only.
    The black oil is black because the seeds are burnt then pressed, maybe it isnít filtered ect after pressing but the yellow colour is not do to refining and the black is just burnt seed pod.
    My conclusion is that the black Jamaica oil doesnít have a advantage.

it helps increase circulation to the scalp and improve hair growth Yes, it's true that castor oil can help regrow hair. It's an ancient and popular remedy for hair fall due to its natural antibacterial and antifungal properties.

Length
    26.5"/36"/term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctantlylong View Post
    I spent a late night with a science article about growing, processing and industrial uses of castor oil , bio fuel addictive ect.1400 year old history of use original Asia.
    The cold pressed untreated oil is light yellow. This is usually a good thing in oil.
    The oil is usually processed without heat several ways for pharmaceutical uses, and hexene used for industrial products only.
    The black oil is black because the seeds are burnt then pressed, maybe it isn’t filtered ect after pressing but the yellow colour is not do to refining and the black is just burnt seed pod.
    My conclusion is that the black Jamaica oil doesn’t have a advantage.
    That is excellent info. Thank you, Reluctantlylong!
    The black castor oil's advantage is that it darkens your hair. (At least, if you want your hair darker, it's an advantage.)
    And, welcome to LHC!
    Last edited by Kalamazoo; May 23rd, 2019 at 12:53 AM.
    1, 2, 3, testing! Trying to figure out how to put a picture here...

Length
    24Ē/29/Long!
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctantlylong View Post
    The black oil is black because the seeds are burnt then pressed, maybe it isn’t filtered ect after pressing but the yellow colour is not do to refining and the black is just burnt seed pod.
    My conclusion is that the black Jamaica oil doesn’t have a advantage.

I’ve also read the same thing about the Jamaican ‘black castor oil’ being no different aside from the seed pod staining the oil that colour! Not in a scientific study though. It was just somewhere random online, I forget where, a blog maybe!
    APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - TBL
    Last dye: Feb 2017 Last trim (micro): 6th June 2019

I read a science article saying that ricinoleic acid which is about 90 procent of castor oil has hairgrowth abilities. So if people thinks it helpes on hairloss they might be right :-) Interesting to read peoples stories. Thanks for every one of them :-)

Length
    TWA/BSB/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Miss longhair View Post
    I read a science article saying that ricinoleic acid which is about 90 procent of castor oil has hairgrowth abilities. So if people thinks it helpes on hairloss they might be right :-) Interesting to read peoples stories. Thanks for every one of them :-)
    It definitely helped with re-growing my hairline. Welcome to LHC
    CBL ~> APL ~>BSB~> BSL ~> MBL ~> WL ~>HL (stretched goals)
    Texlaxed, 52+ weeks since last relaxer
    Slowly growing...

Length
    3.9/12.5/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by YvetteVarie View Post
    It definitely helped with re-growing my hairline. Welcome to LHC
    Can I just ask:
    How often did you oil your hairline and how long until you saw results?

Length
    TWA/BSB/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hexana View Post
    Can I just ask:
    How often did you oil your hairline and how long until you saw results?
    It's been a while... But I would say about 3 months. I had bad traction alopecia
    CBL ~> APL ~>BSB~> BSL ~> MBL ~> WL ~>HL (stretched goals)
    Texlaxed, 52+ weeks since last relaxer
    Slowly growing...

Length
    BSL/26Ē/34-36

Quote Originally Posted by Isa-belle View Post
    Hi Bene, I used this mainly as a scalp treatment - if I have a bit leftover I will "wipe" my hands in my hair, lol . While I do the scalp treatment, I usually treat my length and ends with another oil that is better suited for it - camellia, sweet almond or hemp for instance. I leave the whole for at least 30 minutes before shampooing, but if I can, I leave it in longer - sometimes overnight, but most of the time at least an hour.

I wash my hair every 6 to 8 days (the more I wear my hair up, the longer I can stretch the interval between shampoos) and no, my hair does not feel greasy at all after it's been shampooed. I can't stand greasy hair so I would wash it more often if it did feel greasy.
    I do have dry hair and scalp to start with, though. This is something to take into account, but I do believe warming the mix carefully and mixing the castor oil with a lighter oil, does help.

I did not notice any more shedding *at all*, no - this does not work like Monistat

I also meant to warn everyone here - castor oil is definitely darkening, so please be aware of this if your hair is light-coloured and you like it this way.
    Hi Isabelle, thank you for this info! Can you please tell me what brand of castor oil you use?