Page 1 of 1740 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Length
    18,5"/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Default The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Please forgive me if this post is incorrect - I just could not find a thread as "The Baerreis-Thread" or the "Show me your Ficcare color" Thread so I would just like to open one as I am sure there are some awsome collections to be seen.

Picture is clickable:

As you can see easily, my collection is still a small one - but then again I only have quite short hair at the moment. The collection is supposed to grow with the growing hair-length

Mod note:

OK folks, it's clear that a mod has to step in and explain some things in here. The LHC vendor rules can be found here. The following is an excerpt.

Quote Originally Posted by Finoriel View Post
    Please remember that The Long Hair Community is a strictly non-commercial site. That means you may not use any part of the forums, including the private messaging system, for conducting business....
    You may not:
    • post links to items using personal referral codes that give you bonuses or discounts on a website when other people use the code

Additional information applying to vendors
    Vendors may:
    • add a link of your shop to our list of hair-toy links
    • include one link to your store or auctions in your profile
    • answer direct questions from other members about your products. Answer the question, but don´t use it as an opportunity to enable.
    • mention your shop in a blog-post once, after that all advertising must be limited to the links in the vendor list and your profile.
    • place an ad on LHC via Google Ads if you want more advertising. To do this, click the link at the top of each page that says "Advertise on this site" and apply directly to Google.

Vendors may not:
    • advertise for your shop in your signature - this means no links, logos, items etc. serving advertising purposes
    • sell items you made for sale - no shop leftovers, discounted B-quality or trial versions
    • post pictures of your wares - this includes the TLHC album section
    • offer to make items on a custom basis - no hints at it either
    • contact users via the forum to talk about your products
    • continually mention your own products or business/website
    • start threads that serve as nothing but advertising for yourself - including threads in the guise of soliciting feedback on your designs
    • ask, suggest or otherwise cajole your customers, friends or relatives to start advertising for you
    What's all this mean?

Basically, if you stand to profit by it (in this case, as a consultant or host for a party), you are NOT permitted to post promotional images of products, even and especially if they were given to you by the company to post. That is advertising: if you want to advertise, you can buy an ad on the site.

You ARE permitted to post pictures taken by you, of things that you bought for your own PERSONAL use, just like any other member. If the mods start to feel like you're doing this as a way around the whole "no advertising" thing, we may end up having to change that. (That's a royal pain for us to try to enforce and results in grouchy moderators. We'd rather you not try to skirt the line, because we hate making judgement calls.)

You can (and are encouraged to) get a link to your consultant page in the list of vendors. You can't keep going around saying stuff like "I'm a Lilla-Rose consultant, I can get that for you." Drawing frequent attention to the fact that you're selling things makes you come across as someone who is here to drum up business, and one of the purposes to this forum being moderated is to keep it from becoming obnoxiously choked with selling and spam. Try to be conscientious of that, and you should be fine.

I hope that helps clarify things a bit.
    Last edited by neko_kawaii; December 31st, 2015 at 04:06 PM.
    Currently I am obsessed with arts and crafts - which is the main topic of my german-englisch Blog. This of course includes hairtoys. Please, feel free to come around and take a look!

Length
    23"/33"/33"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: The Flexi-8 Thread

I have 5, 2 extra small (for my girls and for light half ups); 2 medium; and 1 small. The small is silver dragonfly, shown below. One of the mediums, in antique brass, is also shown.

Length
    25/38.4/50
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I think this thread is used for flexis:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=12474

Quote Originally Posted by AngelInDisguise View Post
    As you can see easily, my collection is still a small one - but then again I only have quite short hair at the moment. The collection is supposed to grow with the growing hair-length
    Hey.. that bottom one.. what is up with its stick part? Not there? *bes curious*

Back to my dark side trollkjerring's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/28/43
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Eadwine, the flexi with the black stick is an "Urflexi", not sure how they were called in English. I think this was how they looked at the beginning. We had a grouporder at the german hairboard and the Flexipeople made them for us
    trollkjerring

How cool!! Thanks for explaining (I understood the German so it is clear there).

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Oh I really liked Flexis in the beginning of my hairgrowing journey. Due to hairloss they don't fit as well anymore.
    Still great toys though. I have some pictures somewhere, I'm sure, need to look into that one...
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    ~20"/45"/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I'm a big fan of flexi-8s. Of all the hairtoys I've tried, they are the easiest for me to use and the most secure. I use the XL size and can just manage to squeeze them around most updos. I would actually love an even larger version! I just bought some more XL's plus some size mediums in hopes those would be good for ponytails or half-updos. I love that the flexis have the notches in the stick so that the stick stays secure. And that the stick is attached so you don't lose it! I have had more compliments on Flexis than on any other hair accessories. I ordered five recently so I could get one free (buy4, get one free special) and I am totally excited to receive them. I can't say enough good things about them!

Proud member of the Renegray Gang

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

I'd really like to try flexi's next time I have some hairtoy cash to burn, but no matter where I read up I can't figure out which sizes would be best for me. I wish they'd list what hair circumferences can use what. I have a 5.5", but it's only APL so I won't be doing any french twists or anything yet. I guess I'd just use it for "tails up," ponys and half-ponys. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you need mediums for a twist, and a large for a bun, maybe even bigger.