Page 1676 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 67611761576162616661674167516761677167816861726 ... LastLast
Results 16,751 to 16,760 of 17394

Thread: The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Default Re: The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    CuteCrow I'm sorry you weren't overly impressed with them; the ones with actual centrepieces and coloured beads tend to be a lot nicer. Understandable going for simple ones to start with though; I went for fairly simple all-metal ones at first too, just to try them out. My very first hairsticks were LR as well Not the best quality but they were nice and cheap so decent starter sticks anyway. EDIT: But yours is the dreamcatcher, unless I got the wrong member to start with. That one looks great in your hair!.
    Thank you! Oh, but I think you got me wrong. It wasn't the flexis I wasn't impressed with, I actually love the plain ones, I already had one that I lost that's why I bought three in one go. It was mostly the sticks and the fake leather marigold that disappointed me, more in a "they aren't worth that much" than the overall look, they feel cheap but I love how they look if that makes any sense. I have to say it hurt me to see the marigold on this sale (I paid $22 for it with the stick ), definitely I'll just be buying on sales in the near future.

Aand I did buy a couple of things too, the flower in xxs, molly in orange (I wanted purple or blue but they were already sold out) and the circlet Upin. I've wanted for a while to try one of the U pins and this sale was the perfect excuse

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCrow View Post
    (I wanted purple or blue but they were already sold out) and the circlet Upin. I've wanted for a while to try one of the U pins and this sale was the perfect excuse
    I LOVE the U Pins (but like the sets of 2 a wee bit more) the circlet one was my first one I got (in rose gold) I was really happy for this sale for those on budgets who want to try goodies from LR (like I've wanted a leather-y one a while DD has a braided one that she can't use now but it isn't the same) I DO wish they would have had a few more of the "basic" flexi's, but I suppose the Molly and the flower all together made quite a few to choose from, I just felt that one more style may have been nice. BUT I think that honestly they did a pretty decent job on the selection.

I hear they have some good Black Friday deals.... or at least they have in the past! SO.... keep some funds open

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I was there very early and had put 3 items in my cart.
    Clicked Checkout and then it crashed.
    It took a long time before the site was back up and it was only working for a short time again then.
    But in the short time that it was up again, my cart was back to empty, so I hurried to put in all the items I wanted and 1 extra LOL
    So 4 items. Clicked checkout, slooooooooooooowwwwww, crash...up again and it went through with the checkout this time!
    I clicked the last button to confirm order, and then it crashed again.
    But I got email confirmation from LR and Paypal, so it got through alright YAY!!!
    Meanwhile it was 2 am here LOL

I got these:
    Fall Flower, Extra Large Flexi
    Fall Flower, Large Flexi
    Marigold Mega with Long Marigold Stick
    Marigold Extra Large with Long Marigold Stick

I have no flexi's like this yet (the leathers and the "thin tubed" flexi's), so it was a great opportunity to try the sizes

I am so glad for all those that were missing out due to the crash, they got another go today
    Last edited by eresh; October 23rd, 2020 at 05:16 PM.

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCrow View Post
    Thank you! Oh, but I think you got me wrong. It wasn't the flexis I wasn't impressed with, I actually love the plain ones, I already had one that I lost that's why I bought three in one go. It was mostly the sticks and the fake leather marigold that disappointed me, more in a "they aren't worth that much" than the overall look, they feel cheap but I love how they look if that makes any sense. I have to say it hurt me to see the marigold on this sale (I paid $22 for it with the stick ), definitely I'll just be buying on sales in the near future.

Aand I did buy a couple of things too, the flower in xxs, molly in orange (I wanted purple or blue but they were already sold out) and the circlet Upin. I've wanted for a while to try one of the U pins and this sale was the perfect excuse
    Oh! Oh that's not so bad then Yeah I have a purple stick that doesn't even feel as dense or strong as dowelling, not that it feels like it will break but it's definitely not even the same feel as the topped sticks. I'm glad you like how they look though. Sales are definitely best!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Woot woot! Sounds like a nice range of styles going out to everyone. Can’t wait for some action shots!

I didn’t get anything in the sale but I can’t complain because I’ve been stalking eBay for old ones I missed. Today was a modded (night?) fox with a dymondwood hair stick.

Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Bookworm, the stick & fox are beautiful together! Great match. :)

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post
    Bookworm, the stick & fox are beautiful together! Great match.
    Thank you!
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Wow, that fox really looks stunning C_Bookworm

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Oh! Oh that's not so bad then Yeah I have a purple stick that doesn't even feel as dense or strong as dowelling, not that it feels like it will break but it's definitely not even the same feel as the topped sticks. I'm glad you like how they look though. Sales are definitely best!
    I think it was also kind of a bad first impression. I can say I'm starting to trust a lot more the marigold stick, I feels a lot more sturdy than it looks. I still don't trust the Sulivan one though

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I got honeybee Upins in the mail today <3
    They were a gift from a dear friend
    Makes a nice set with my honeybee flexi

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eresh View Post
    I got honeybee Upins in the mail today <3
    They were a gift from a dear friend
    Makes a nice set with my honeybee flexi

That looks beautiful!
    This makes me want to get some U pins too.