Length
    20/26.5/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KameRose View Post
    Lookie what I found today:

and she had a few friends:

Funny thing I just realized like a day or so ago that the swerve is called Aurora and not Adora, I totally confused the names. I know I said in an earlier post that I wanted the Adora swerve, but I really meant the Aurora swerve and now I have it. I so happy and the kaleidoscope is so much prettier in person than in any photos! Also don't ask what kind of bun that is, that was my super sorry attempt at a cinnabon, but hey it actually held for like an hour! I tried to take a pic of me wearing it in a french twist but I cannot for the life of me get the hang of a french twist, it hold like for one millisecond. I must continue my practicing.

Also, I checked my order from the 30th:

It all looks good and is now back in storage, with my newest purchase as well.
    Thanks so much KameRose and woah, sweet haul there! The swerve looks beautiful on you!
    dye free since 2017, silicone free since 2018, last trim 10/22/19 no trimming until 2022
    Fine - BSL - Wavy and Overly Obsessed
    *Jammin to 3eb*

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee+/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Great pics everyone! KameRose that must have taken a lot of self-control to put them away

For those who mutilate - I mean, remove the sticks from - their flexis, do you have any idea about the specs of your bolt cutters? Dad can't remember where his are so I'm looking into the possibility of buying my own in case he can't find them. However a mini bolt cutter and an ordinary bolt cutter I'm looking at both say the same strength of blades, so I'm confused because the mini ones look very much like the wire cutters Dad tried, which only made a dent in the stick. The ones I'm looking at say 'Jaws hardened to 57-61HRC ideal for cutting material up to 40 HRC'.

The things we investigate for hair

On the plus side, my accidentally-modified Posh Bun fits a mega, kinda - it's definitely secure, anyway, unlike when I tried my other mega before. I still think it'd be more versatile without the stick curved the 'wrong' way, though
    Knee by 'Nineteen - hooray! Half-inching onwards to Calf.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Thank-you desisparkles

MusicalSpoons Putting toys away hasn't been too hard for me actually. But since I'm putting them away and don't have them out to look at I keep wanting to buy more right away, without the oooh and aaah period that I usually would have gone through when getting a new toy where I would pick it up and play with it, or just stare at it. So yeah... I have an embarrassingly large amount of hair accessories that are squirreled away right now In what I am affectionately calling purgatory.

And I did a little investigating for you. I have two bolt cutters. One large one that I know works like a charm, but is a little unwieldy with it's large size and made me super nervous that I was going to cut more than just the stick on the flexi when I dismembered a few back in July. These were bolt cutters I already had, which I actually bought to cut some large tomato cages off of some trees.

After that I picked up some small 8 inch bolt cutters with the thought that I would have better control with the smaller ones and therefore be less nervous and they'd do the job just as well. So I decided to try it on the Sugar Skull I just got, since I have a cotton candy pink WEII that I think would look good with it. Well I was definitely less nervous with the small ones but I only succeeded in cutting through the nickel plating. If I remember right I did actually try with a pair of aviation type snips back in July but they made just a tiny scratch on the surface.

ETA: P.S.: I did actually leave the Aurora swerve out. It is sitting in front of me right now.
    Last edited by KameRose; Yesterday at 07:58 PM.
    "Do you ever feel like a misfit? Everything inside you is dark and twisted
    but it's okay to be different
    'cause baby, so am I" ~So Am I

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

That is a very nice haul KameRose! That swerve looks fantastic on you and nice elections in general! I am always curious about the LR hairbands but never decided to get one...

BSL MBL WL HL BCL TBL Wrist CL FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 38'5" - 98cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    SL/HL+/KL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

My goodies arrived! I will share some action pics once I have time to take them.

Length
    3"/BSL/Hip
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

I love how beautiful that swerve looks in your hair KameRose! Hmm now I want that one, its gorgeous! Lovely lovely haul!

MusicalSpoons for removal of the stick portion of a flexi, I just clamp down the flexi stick and use a hack saw (meant to cut metals) that I have. I haven't tried it using a bolt cutter. But it was real easy using a hacksaw and they are pretty cheap.
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | | MBL | WL | Hip
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL++ | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Growing Out Natural 3C Curls. Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee+/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by KameRose View Post
    Thank-you desisparkles

MusicalSpoons Putting toys away hasn't been too hard for me actually. But since I'm putting them away and don't have them out to look at I keep wanting to buy more right away, without the oooh and aaah period that I usually would have gone through when getting a new toy where I would pick it up and play with it, or just stare at it. So yeah... I have an embarrassingly large amount of hair accessories that are squirreled away right now In what I am affectionately calling purgatory.

And I did a little investigating for you. I have two bolt cutters. One large one that I know works like a charm, but is a little unwieldy with it's large size and made me super nervous that I was going to cut more than just the stick on the flexi when I dismembered a few back in July. These were bolt cutters I already had, which I actually bought to cut some large tomato cages off of some trees.

After that I picked up some small 8 inch bolt cutters with the thought that I would have better control with the smaller ones and therefore be less nervous and they'd do the job just as well. So I decided to try it on the Sugar Skull I just got, since I have a cotton candy pink WEII that I think would look good with it. Well I was definitely less nervous with the small ones but I only succeeded in cutting through the nickel plating. If I remember right I did actually try with a pair of aviation type snips back in July but they made just a tiny scratch on the surface.

ETA: P.S.: I did actually leave the Aurora swerve out. It is sitting in front of me right now.
    Hehe, fair enough the swerve is gorgeous! Thanks for the links, I wonder whether the difference is due to the greater force exerted through longer handles rather than any intrinsic material difference. The mini pair say cutting up to 1/4" but the new sticks are only 1/8". Good to know that theoretical specs are not necessarily reliable in this context.

BerrySara Dad did offer to hacksaw it off for me as I don't have the energy (one snip I can probably manage even if it does require effort, but nothing sustained like sawing) but ideally I'd like to be able to do it myself, especially if it's something I'll be doing more than once. Thanks for the suggestion though
    Knee by 'Nineteen - hooray! Half-inching onwards to Calf.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness