Page 1 of 241 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Waist | Hip

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Waist | Hip

well i ran a search and i couldnt find a thread that matched.. ive now got waist length hair (and this time im not chopping it back to bsl) so im almost hip when wet but my waves keep me closer to waist when dry.. who else here wants to grow with me.. any other people going from waist to hip?
    here is a pic.. my hair wasnt very wavy that day.. oh and ignore the orange lines they just show where i started at in august 2007 and where i would have been in dec 2008 if i hadnt trimmed so much.. oh and view the wonders of henna.. sometimes it can look brown like in the pic below and sometimes it can look flaming red depending on the light

ive still got like 3-4 inches until im hip when dry.. maybe 1-2 inches when sopping wet.

it took me so long to get to waist with blunt ends because my underside grows twice as fast as my canopy so it always looks like ive got layers if i dont trim..
    can i call this classic length

Default Re: waist to hip

ohhh...the length you have now is EXACTLY the length (and U-shape) i want to achieve !!!
    i LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair
    (the color is really nice too!)

Hey Squiggy

I will grow with you, I am at waist at the moment and due to the loong body I have far to go to get to hip, if i ever do!

Anyway I have done a couple of trims in the last couple of months to get rid of the layers in my hair. Hair is in much better condition and I hope that in the New Year I can go a little time without a cut so that I can get some good growing in.

Good luck with your journey and remember we are now at the point where tipping your head back means you can feel it sweep the bottom of your back, how cool is that?
    Wow I am hitting hip!

Length
    24"/33"/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I will grow with you. I was recently at 32" and after my end of year trim I stand at 30" Hopefully this new year I can achieve TB or longer.
    On my way to hip length

Length
    1"/35"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Post Re: waist to hip

Oh my! A waist-to-hip support group sounds delightful. Count me in!

I had actually just reached hip about three weeks ago, but everything from waist on down had a very strawlike texture from when I used to blowdry my hair regularly, when it was around APL. I reasoned, "It's long enough now for me to cut off all of the damaged stuff without freaking out that it's too short." So I did. ...And the freakout that ensued was almost unprecedented.

So here I am, back at waist, wistfully waiting for my hair to again reach the length I now think of as "where it was before I stupidly cut off several inches, thinking it would look better." (Which it doesn't.) I feel like waist is the most awkward hair length for my body shape, so why I reasoned it would look "better" if I cut it back to waist is beyond me.

Argh.

Anyway. High fives for waist-to-hip anyway. Wee!

Length
    18/19.5/32
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I'll join!! I'm due to hit tailbone early 2010 if I trim every 3 or 4 months, but if I can stretch it out a little I should be there by next christmas. I'm at 30 inches right now and my tailbone ends at 35 inches

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

oh I wish I could but I should be joining this post around September, see you then!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    25/35/41

I'd just thought I'd hop onto the thread and wish you all luck! My hair is 30" when pulled straight and only 3.5" to hip but I've got curly hair so a long way to go! My final goal is waist curly so it has to reach hip straight for that to happen!

Length
    22/waist/38
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Your hair is GORGEOUS! I love your hemline too! Do you do it yourself or go to a hairdresser?

Length
    AP/TB/~W/???
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by arylkin View Post
    Your hair is GORGEOUS! I love your hemline too! Do you do it yourself or go to a hairdresser?
    I'd also like to know about your hemline.