Page 51 of 241 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Waist | Hip

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: waist to hip

I trimmed back to waist from nearly hip in March. I'm reaching back for hip now, I've got a few inches to get back there.
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Congratulations on graduating to the next thread, LauraLongLocks!

I dipped my toe in the waist to tailbone thread, but really this is where it's at for me for a while yet. Originally I was going for waist length hair, then I thought hip would be my final goal, but now I think I wouldn't mind hair that was just a bit longer. Finns have a proverb along the lines of "you get hungrier as you eat", and I'm certainly proving that to be true when it comes to growing hair.

It's been about a month since I did my very first self-trim and I haven't measured my growth, but I'm planning on maintaining somewhere between waist and hip, possibly letting my hair creep towards hip length and beyond but not stressing about it. I've found a few splits already and snipped them off with my fancy scissors, and I'll be trimming off a bit more in a month.

I think most of my taper now is down to just rough handling, so hopefully putting some benign back in my neglect will help remedy it. I comb and brush my hair a lot less now than I did when I first came to LHC, which is probably good for my hair.

I'm still sort of in the funk I complained about earlier, I have a feeling I should be doing something a bit more interesting with my hair but I tend to default back to a Dutch braid. I lust after Ketylos and hair forks but can't really justify the prices to myself. I did try a crown braid for May 1st, but my husband kindly informed me I look like Yulia Tymoshenko so I'm not sure whether to classify that as a success (her braid is massive) or a failure (apparently I look like someone imitating a Ukrainian milkmaid).

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    Congratulations on graduating to the next thread, LauraLongLocks!

I dipped my toe in the waist to tailbone thread, but really this is where it's at for me for a while yet. Originally I was going for waist length hair, then I thought hip would be my final goal, but now I think I wouldn't mind hair that was just a bit longer. Finns have a proverb along the lines of "you get hungrier as you eat", and I'm certainly proving that to be true when it comes to growing hair.

It's been about a month since I did my very first self-trim and I haven't measured my growth, but I'm planning on maintaining somewhere between waist and hip, possibly letting my hair creep towards hip length and beyond but not stressing about it. I've found a few splits already and snipped them off with my fancy scissors, and I'll be trimming off a bit more in a month.

I think most of my taper now is down to just rough handling, so hopefully putting some benign back in my neglect will help remedy it. I comb and brush my hair a lot less now than I did when I first came to LHC, which is probably good for my hair.

I'm still sort of in the funk I complained about earlier, I have a feeling I should be doing something a bit more interesting with my hair but I tend to default back to a Dutch braid. I lust after Ketylos and hair forks but can't really justify the prices to myself. I did try a crown braid for May 1st, but my husband kindly informed me I look like Yulia Tymoshenko so I'm not sure whether to classify that as a success (her braid is massive) or a failure (apparently I look like someone imitating a Ukrainian milkmaid).
    Thank you. You know, an inexpensive plastic hair stick can work until you decide to invest in a more expensive hair stick or fork. There's nothing wrong with a dutch braid, though. Sounds like you have a good plan for maintaining and thickening your hair, and that you've figured out the cause of your taper. Good luck!

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thank you for the tip, LauraLongLocks! I do have a pair of el cheapo plastic hairsticks, as well as a few repurposed chopsticks, so I can experiment with stick-held buns. The smooth straight sticks tend to slide out of my hair quite easily though, which is why I'd love a more curvy one. And on a purely vain note, the chopsticks are long enough to make my buns look tiny.

I think part of the general blahness is due to what's being discussed in another thread - I've reached my intermediate goal and this is where patience comes into the picture. Not purposefully growing further means I won't see much tangible progress in the foreseeable future. But there's a thicker braid tassel waiting for me at the other end!

Length
    28/40/42
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I don't really belong on this thread (still an inch to go!) but just have to comment on this. I got the exact same remarks, independently, from three different members of my family in Finland when I last visited. I was wearing crown braids well before every was paying so much attention to Tymoshenko's hair! But definitely take it as a compliment - her hair is huge.
    MBL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL - Classic

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Katlette, wow! Now I'm wondering if maybe Finland as a nation has an unhealthy obsession about Ms Tymoshenko's hair.

I don't know if it's backlash from the crown braid but I'm trying to wear my hair down today, in an effort to shake things up a bit. It's really hot under here, how did I do this as a teenager? I'm slowly starting to understand all the longhairs who seldom leave their glorious manes down!

Length
    MBL/to/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Lovely hair, LauraLongLocks!

Life's short...Buy the hair toy...

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I'm joining.

Length
    MBL/to/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Welcome höpönasu!

Life's short...Buy the hair toy...

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Thank you for the tip, LauraLongLocks! I do have a pair of el cheapo plastic hairsticks, as well as a few repurposed chopsticks, so I can experiment with stick-held buns. The smooth straight sticks tend to slide out of my hair quite easily though, which is why I'd love a more curvy one. And on a purely vain note, the chopsticks are long enough to make my buns look tiny.

I think part of the general blahness is due to what's being discussed in another thread - I've reached my intermediate goal and this is where patience comes into the picture. Not purposefully growing further means I won't see much tangible progress in the foreseeable future. But there's a thicker braid tassel waiting for me at the other end!
    I know the feeling... my cheap hair sticks are 7.5 inches long, and make my bun look so puny. Cheap hair sticks worked until I was able to get some new fun hair toys though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sourgrl View Post
    Lovely hair, LauraLongLocks!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by höpönasu View Post
    I'm joining.
    Ohh, you are bringing cookies to share? Then you are welcome here for sure! Glad you are here, make yourself comfy.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017