Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you got any hair regrets?

Default Re: Have you got any hair regrets?

My regrets are the same as yours. I bleached my hair twice, when I was 14, then when I was 19... Both times it came out horribly. Blonde hair does not look good on me at all. I also regret having layers because it is a pain to trim my hair without a hairdresser when it's not one length.

Length
    pixie/33.5"/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

A lot of you regret coloring your hair. I actually regret NOT coloring my hair when it was really short and spiky when I was in high school. My parents wouldn't let me do anything other than semi-permanent natural colors, but I wish I could have colored it blue, pink, purple, green, black, etc. There wasn't a more perfect time to dye my hair than in high school.

I left by request
    Length
    Left/Left/Left
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cryspatus View Post
    My regrets are the same as yours. I bleached my hair twice, when I was 14, then when I was 19... Both times it came out horribly. Blonde hair does not look good on me at all. I also regret having layers because it is a pain to trim my hair without a hairdresser when it's not one length.
    I feel your pain i hate my layers so much, i use to go to the hairdresser to trim. But my hairdressers are bad i ask for an inch off 5 comes off

i now get my mum to do it lol

Length
    Knee+/23,5"/23,5"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cryspatus View Post
    I also regret having layers because it is a pain to trim my hair.
    I regret the same and finally gave it up. Now I am just growing my hair (to tailbone) and when reached the goal, I am going to keep that length until layers are gone.

My second regret is cutting hair very very short 10 years ago. It used to be BSL or little longer, but then I had this great idea of having short hair - which was a mistake because I never really liked it. I dont't feel like a short haired person. I have also regretted many haircuts after that. I could have had long(ish) hair back so much earlier if I had avoided some hairdressers...

Type
    2a/F/i

I do not regret what I did to my hair , I regret what I did not do , and that is oil. Years after years I did not use oil on my head because I did not want to be "oily head". I think after teenage its now hat I have started oiling.

Length
    pixie/messy/bob
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sahiba View Post
    I do not regret what I did to my hair , I regret what I did not do
    I regret the 34 years I spent not knowing how to look after my hair, making me swing between being a ball of auburn fluff and lank over-coned grease ball.

Having said that the only haircut I ever regretted was getting the sides and back shaved off. But it was 1993. LOL.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Well yes and no. I've regretted cutting my hair every single time I've changed my style from long and straight. I've regretted doing it at the time. I hated all my new cuts and perms. But in the long run I finally learned that by making mistakes and regretting what I did, that long straight hair is what I truly want.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    14/26.5/Hip +
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

All the trims I've had over the years, my hair could have bee so much longer by now.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    shldr/shldr/shldr

No. I've gotten to experiment with different lengths and styles. Trims have made my ends healthier. Even when I got my hair cut very short and I didn't like the style much, it helped me to finally grow my bangs out. So even the "bad" things turn out best in the end.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/hip/clssc
    Type
    1a/M/ii

When my hair was about shoulder length, I often set it on rollers quite tautly and dried it under a hood dryer. I think that this is the reason why my hair suffers from breakage now.