Page 768 of 771 FirstFirst ... 268668718758766767768769770 ... LastLast
Results 7,671 to 7,680 of 7702

Thread: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

There’s another thread showing hair that falls at the lower end of ii, which is my thickness

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=146590

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rags View Post
    I absolutely feel the same even though I'm dealing with I thickness hair. My hair is never going to look like that, so I refuse to worry about it. My hair is still beautiful, as I'm sure yours is, and I'd rather focus on things such as preventing tangles (my hair get horrid tangles) and such to make it healthy and the best it can be. I am only at BSL and probably won't be able to get much longer (but I'm not ruling out trying if my ends thicken up a bit more, just so they won't break off as easily). But I've had my hair at hip before, and while thicker than now, it was still a I thickness. Thin hair is beautiful too!

Lapushka, , I'm not sure but maybe one of the reasons you don't battle the same things that some of us do in this thread is that your hair is not both fine AND thin? I'm another one that can't use voluminizing shampoos. I also can't use shampoo bars though, which are supposed to be very gentle on your hair. The friction is too much for my hair; it's why I always use a shampoo with silicone in it, or I WILL have breakage. But my hair is super baby fine and very, very fragile. It didn't used to be like this when I was younger either, and that probably also plays a role. I mean, it was always fine and thin, but not nearly as fragile as it is today. Anyway, we are probably outliers that have such fragile hair (I know some of my meds cause "brittle hair"), but we are out here. I'm glad your hair is more resilient.
    True! Very true. My mom has the same issues though, and I follow this thread for her sake, so there's that. I really should learn though that I don't have the same kinds of things going on.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Thereís another thread showing hair that falls at the lower end of ii, which is my thickness

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=146590
    I just went through the whole thing. I relate to a vast majority of the comments regarding how people say they feel about it, and how it behaves. Excellent read and good inspiration. I like the idea of posting both "good" and "bad" hair days so that others can understand the range of appearance we can achieve. I relate to the hair see-through insecurities, especially when mine is left unwaved. Granted mine is very long it still happens in the bottom third. Also despite my pony being high average thick but just barely down the length becomes thin and my fairytale is so pronounced it litterally tapers into nothingness
    I don't love what I have ONLY when I get into too much comparison. And then I just look at other thinner hair pics like on this thread and feel fine again. Theyre so beautiful
    I'm really quite excited about where I am.

LadyStardust I think your hair is very beautiful, it looks so soft and like you said perfectly it allows for an ethereal look. I also really like your color. I can't figure it out exactly, sometimes darker and sometimes lighter. Maybe another positive side effect of airyness- to coin as sunniness , the light can get into it and really make it glow
    Does the man on the moon cut his hair?

Yes... Eclipse it!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
    I just went through the whole thing. I relate to a vast majority of the comments regarding how people say they feel about it, and how it behaves. Excellent read and good inspiration. I like the idea of posting both "good" and "bad" hair days so that others can understand the range of appearance we can achieve. I relate to the hair see-through insecurities, especially when mine is left unwaved. Granted mine is very long it still happens in the bottom third. Also despite my pony being high average thick but just barely down the length becomes thin and my fairytale is so pronounced it litterally tapers into nothingness
    I don't love what I have ONLY when I get into too much comparison. And then I just look at other thinner hair pics like on this thread and feel fine again. Theyre so beautiful
    I'm really quite excited about where I am.

LadyStardust I think your hair is very beautiful, it looks so soft and like you said perfectly it allows for an ethereal look. I also really like your color. I can't figure it out exactly, sometimes darker and sometimes lighter. Maybe another positive side effect of airyness- to coin as sunniness , the light can get into it and really make it glow
    Itís really important to see other people with similar thickness isnít it. Itís always easier to appreciate the beauty in another personís hair. My favourite hair photo on this whole forum is in the i thickness thread - beautiful ethereal hair.

Thank you so much you have really made my day My hair looks soft in that photo (on the 2-2.5Ē thread) because I had washed it in soft water and it does something magical to my hair for the first few days. After a couple of weeks it gets weighed down because the soft water doesnít seem to wash away residue but Iíve learned that less is more in terms of my products when Iím staying in a soft water area.

My natural colour is actually a bit warmer than in that photo, but youíre right the light really does get into my hair and in the right lighting it looks like itís shining, or glowing, as you say. I hadnít thought about that being a quality of the fineness and lower density of my hair (and I love ďairynessĒ to describe it). Iíve heard that when putting flowers in a vase, you should leave room for an imaginary bee to dance their way through the flowers. I guess that a lower density allows that space for the light to get in.

I used to work with someone who asked me every day if I had dyed my hair It looks so different in different lights. Sometimes my hair looks dark brown, sometimes copper, chestnut or tawny, dark blonde, or ashy brown.

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

You are very welcome. I admire how you know your hair so well with the hard/soft water comparison. I am just starting to try such awareness with mine.
    I love the idea of the bumblebee amongst the flowers. Perfect parallel for the airyness. Reminds me also of the composer's famous quote/concept that "Music is the space between the notes."

Plus the chameleon color effect of your hair is awesome. Who needs hair dye!?

Yes... Eclipse it!

I love that music/space parallel

You’re right my hair colour gives me plenty of variety! Especially now that it’s growing in silvers!

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

The way your silvers are coming in is so pretty!

Yes... Eclipse it!

Ah thank you! I used to think they would bother me but now it’s just another colour (or lack of colour) and I feel fine about it, and I even appreciate having natural highlights.

If anyone with thin and fine hair is looking for new products to try, Alfaparf semi di lino shampoo and leave-in conditioner for dry hair did wonders for my fine hair that always felt dry and rough from drug store shampoos and conditioners. the shampoo is cone and sulfate free, the conditioner does have cones though. either way I love the product and wanted to share.

Length
    12.5/15.5/44+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

The small bun thing was a problem for me the last time I grew my hair out. Starting out I just have the teensiest ponytail. Right now it's cute but in the future my bun won't be all that much bigger.