Page 764 of 765 FirstFirst ... 264664714754762763764765 LastLast
Results 7,631 to 7,640 of 7647

Thread: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Yeeee! My hair is currently in the Nessa, it does look very full for my fine hair. So far so good for the scalp sensitivity but I'm curious how it will do after many hours. I did use a chopstick just to try out the style, gotta be concious of the long end. I love your knitting fork, SandyBottom! Such a great idea and way to make something sentimental so useful. My knitting needles (havent used in ages) are plastic and not double ended but I did check to see.

Length
    14/19/39
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'd class my hair as fine because for all intents and purposes it is (yay frequent washing ) - but does anyone else have weirdly mixed hair? My hair is mostly made up of fine, partly transparent-looking strands, but then about a third of it is medium, much darker strands. I took a picture: https://imgur.com/a/wXoXZG1

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Not all of my hairs are the same thickness for sure. Occasionally I have the one really coarse one I find and I'm shocked it came from my head lol but most are fine mixed with some less fine. I have noticed that some hair gets visibly thinner down the strand of the same hair but it's not many that are like that. Mine do have a color change too going from very dark brown to nearly auburn at the ends

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
    Yeeee! My hair is currently in the Nessa, it does look very full for my fine hair. So far so good for the scalp sensitivity but I'm curious how it will do after many hours. I did use a chopstick just to try out the style, gotta be concious of the long end. I love your knitting fork, SandyBottom! Such a great idea and way to make something sentimental so useful. My knitting needles (havent used in ages) are plastic and not double ended but I did check to see.
    Thank you! I hope it works out in the long term for you.
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    14/19/39
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Not all of my hairs are the same thickness for sure. Occasionally I have the one really coarse one I find and I'm shocked it came from my head lol but most are fine mixed with some less fine. I have noticed that some hair gets visibly thinner down the strand of the same hair but it's not many that are like that. Mine do have a color change too going from very dark brown to nearly auburn at the ends
    Your hair sounds a lot like mine Demonica - medium brown at the roots, lightening to golden/auburn brown at the ends. I currently have a rogue, broken hair that is almost black, sticking up from the top of my head like an antenna if it wasn't attached I'd think it was my bf's hair

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Too funny Flidas, that it's different color too! that's what hair is supposed to be like right, antennas? You just have one pointed straight to the heavens or the mothership if you prefer that ;P

Ok I have a question for as many opinions as possible:

What are the pro's and con's of fine hair?

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

(...)
    What are the pro's and con's of fine hair?
    Oh cool, I can quote myself hah. I will put out a short list: pros are it's softer, lightweight, easy to style. Cons may be that it breaks and tangles easier.

Ok another way my newbie-news strikes again:
    I've always believed my hair to be thin as I've gotten older and its become long. I took a circumference measurement for the first time a few days ago and was pretty shocked to see it right at 4", which is borderline thick who knew. I still think I belong partially in this thread though because it loses that circumference very quickly down the length of my hair and the majority of it would be considered thin.

Anyway, learning learning

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Fine hair compresses a lot. I like big buns and I cannot lie!
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    Fine hair compresses a lot. I like big buns and I cannot lie!
    Yes I am coming to understand the compressibility part, it can really affect perceived hair volume.

Big buns woot! Your bun in the photo with the homemade fork is huge and gorgeous by the way. Which bun is that?

Also, the Nessa you suggested has been fantastic for me and my scalp. Thanks again! It took me a little while to really figure out how to control tightness and secureness based on how I wrapped it and stick positioning (I'm actually using a fork I found at ULTA, they had no sticks, neither did Wal-Mart, and I plan on making my own). But I've been wearing it nearly daily ever since then.
    I plan to experiment with the naitilus next.

Length
    12"/12"/15"+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I love the compression explanation. It really does compress! I have very densely spaced follicles, (lots of strands per square inch of scalp) but since my fine hair compresses, my ponytail circumference defines me as medium thickness, ii.
    I just really like this explanation.

But hair with any thickness/density is beautiful. Hair is as unique as a fingerprint, as rare as a snowflake and all are beautiful!