Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 7647

Thread: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    Just tried alewyns advice and although it's better the back of my hair still tangles, especially at the nape. So thanks for at the very least making things better.
    So glad it helped!
    dec '18 ear > dec '21 MBL > dec '22 waist > dec '24 classic

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I have nearly knee length hair and it's pretty fine. Once I hit about tailbone I started not being able to wear it in buns anymore which was my go-to due to serious scalp sensitivity. I'm now relegated to braids only and even on yhe rare instance I wear it down any other positioning of the hair follicle angles other than my braid bothers my scalp. Anyone experience this? Is it a scalp issue, a tangling issue (my hair has no slip), or what? I'm wondering if cutting some of my fairytale back would help but I'm scared of cutting it and losing length if it doesnt help.

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Also I should say hi to everyone! This is my first posting and I really don't know how forums work so sorry if my etiquette is poor 😭

Hi Demonica!

My hair is much shorter than yours, but I suffer with scalp sensitivity. I find that wearing a head scarf helps (Rosie the Riveter style) because it acts like a sling and takes the pressure off. I can only wear low buns, anything else hurts my head too much. Some people are able to “train” their follicles by wearing a bun in a different position for a short length of time.

If your hair doesn’t have slip, it would probably be worth investigating how you can add slip, just to avoid tangles and reducing the friction on your hair. I use a drop of camellia oil as the last step when I wash my hair, and that provides slip and doesn’t build up (for me). Another option would be silicone serum or something similar - I am sure there are many options available.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
    Also I should say hi to everyone! This is my first posting and I really don't know how forums work so sorry if my etiquette is poor ��
    Ah don't worry about it. You're here now, and you'll settle in just fine!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Hi Demonica! I also have fine hair with some scalp sensitivity issues and my hair is around fingertip/mid-thigh. I have to wear my buns low for the most part. Have you tried a Nessa Bun? With the stick going vertically it takes a lot of the weight off the scalp and is quite comfy. Added bonus, it makes a big bun out of fine compressed hair.
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Hi Lady Stardust! Thanks for the advice!
    I have wondered about being able to train the hair follicle, I am going to look into that more.
    I use oils like a newb, I try to pay attention to how each affects my hair but it's hard for me to tell. I have not tried camellia yet. I haven't used silicone in a long time ever since I went on this all-natural kick but I'm not opposed to using it occassionally for added slip.

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Thanks for the welcome lapushka, I see your posts everywhere! 😄

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

SandyBottom, I am also a newb when it comes to any kind of creative styling. I don't know how I've gotten this far without getting to know the long hair community and having it's support. I am just winging everything and for sure have come close to cutting it all off so many times. Maybe if I can figure out some of these tricks it will help preserve my morale.
    The Nessa bun is beautiful! I am going to try it tonight. Can I use a chopstick? I have no hair toys/tools

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

If it's long, it might poke you in the back of the neck since it will be positioned up and down, not across the bun. When I didn't have any hair toys, I took a double pointed knitting needle (size 6) and bent it to make a two prong fork. It's hair friendly, lightweight, waterproof and is very sentimental to me for personal reasons. Maybe you could try something like that? Here's a picture from my album of it in action.
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal