Results 7,511 to 7,520 of 7565

Thread: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    I tried the Lush Seanik shampoo bar, and had a really good hair day. No ACV rinse, or leave in, or hair gel.
    I realize Lush is not exactly natural, but I had read a review from someone with thin hair that raved about it, so I decided to try it.

I had used Chagrin Valley shampoo bars years ago, and couldn’t remember why I stopped. Just did a search here, and apparently my scalp got super itchy and flaky from them. Also I was doing ACV rinses and I have since discovered that my hair doesn’t like ACV.
    Be careful with Lush shampoo bars though, because they contain a lot of sulfates, even more than in a common sulfate shampoo (Garnier blends line). Loepsie (YT channel) aka Lucy used to wash with these and suffered horrible hair loss. Her hair never recovered and she has thinner hair now than she used to.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Thank you, Lapushka!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/MBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBee View Post
    I definitely belong here. My hair is thin and fine and I have treated it extremely badly in the past. I'm seeing some growth now, including some brand new baby hairs along my hair line and parting which is lovely. About half way down (I'm between collarbone and apl at the minute) is where my bleached blonde and more damaged hair starts and my worry is it won't hold up once my hair gets longer. I don't want to cut it off and lose the progress I've made :/ Just waffling really, but it's nice to know that it is possible to make it to waist+ with thin fine hair!
    Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    I started to slowly cut off my bleach/dye damage around collarbone/APL because I know it would become a pain in butt if I wanted to grow it longer. I wanted to deal with it as soon as possible so I could grow without the stress/worry about my ends getting worse and eventually cutting more off in the long run. For a year I cut of 1cm off every 3-4 months and I managed to grow my hair from CBL to APL in a year. So in my opinion, I would start slowly cutting the damage step by step instead of holding on to it. I think it could prevent unnecessary breakage and further damage to your lengths. However, do what feels best
    Amy Bee, I started here with the bottom half of my hair having splits and damage from previous bleaching. My hair got to APL and then refused to grow for 3 years, it just stayed there. I took the advice here to start microtrimming the damage off, and my hair started to grow. Very slowly, but it at least started to gain length. All the damaged ends are completely gone now, and the microtrimming thickened my hemline. I never thought I could ever grow to waist length and I am literally there. I stopped microtrimming for the meantime and am doing S&D for a while and allowing the fairytale ends to just have their way, which I will blunt trim across in a few months, which may set me back to before WL. But I can confidently confirm that microtrimming the bad ends off really works, it worked for me! It seems counter-intuitive, but removing the splits and damage allows your hair to grow again and gain length.
    Last edited by elfynity; March 8th, 2021 at 12:51 AM.
    BSL -> MBL -> Waist -> Hip -> TBL - > Classic!

hair-brained
    Length
    pixi/butt/butt+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    Super silly of me but how could I not think of this myself! Definitely going to try that one! Not sure about dish soap though, but if that has worked for you before, why not? Don't you get insanely dry hair from it?
    Eh, I had shoulder length around that time but if I do, I'll definitely dilute and deep condition after!

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    I do this, too, but also try and wear a silk scarf around my neck under any wooly scarves for ease of hair wrangling and tangling. A wool scarf dries it out like crazy, so I also try to remember to oil my braid if I’m wearing it out like that.

Winter has always equaled more tangles but longer than waist has really upped the ante for prevention! I haven’t noticed an increase in tangling per se, just that it’s so much worse to get massive knots out than when it was shorter. I went back to cones once it got cold for this very reason.
    Clever! I never use my silk scarves, this is great!
    ᛃ 2008: 33cm/13" ᛃ 2015: 41cm/16" 2021: 104cm/42"
    instagrampre-poocwc wccpuppy

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    I do this, too, but also try and wear a silk scarf around my neck under any wooly scarves for ease of hair wrangling and tangling. A wool scarf dries it out like crazy, so I also try to remember to oil my braid if Iím wearing it out like that.

Winter has always equaled more tangles but longer than waist has really upped the ante for prevention! I havenít noticed an increase in tangling per se, just that itís so much worse to get massive knots out than when it was shorter. I went back to cones once it got cold for this very reason.
    Thanks for the tip! I have an old silk scarf lying around somewhere

Length
    14/16/22
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by missmaggieeliza View Post
    My hair is also really thin and fine and gray to boot. Almost white gray although my avatar looks blond. It is the yellowed bathroom lighting doing that. I have had many tell me to cut it off, it just makes me look so much older, bla bla bla. I do not have enough hair to do bangs. Seriously. Some times I think I would like to have them. I have lots of internal struggles going on and then I remember how miserable I was the times my mother made me cut my hair into a pixie because she thought it looked so cute on me. Now I do not know how old you are and do not believe age should really matter either but I am closing in on 68 pretty darn fast so many of my friends have done the big cut.I am holding firm on trying to grow mine out.
    Good to hear your story missmaggieeliza. Iím mid 60s and growing mine out. I agree itís best to please yourself because someone always has an opinion thatís contrary to your own. Iíve had comments about it being too long, too short, too blonde, too mousy, too grey, too fine etc etc. I only ever remember really liking my hair when it was long, natural colour and it could be worn off my face, so Iím doing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by elfynity View Post
    Amy Bee, I started here with the bottom half of my hair having splits and damage from previous bleaching. My hair got to APL and then refused to grow for 3 years, it just stayed there. I took the advice here to start microtrimming the damage off, and my hair started to grow. Very slowly, but it at least started to gain length. All the damaged ends are completely gone now, and the microtrimming thickened my hemline. I never thought I could ever grow to waist length and I am literally there. I stopped microtrimming for the meantime and am doing S&D for a while and allowing the fairytale ends to just have their way, which I will blunt trim across in a few months, which may set me back to before WL. But I can confidently confirm that microtrimming the bad ends off really works, it worked for me! It seems counter-intuitive, but removing the splits and damage allows your hair to grow again and gain length.
    Thanks. It definitely looks like that's what I'm going to have to do. How often did you get it cut? If I could make it to APL first I'd be ecstatic. That would be very long for me. I'm thinking I'll get into the hairdressers as soon as they reopen in a month and make a start. My ends are quite unpredictable atm.

Length
    ?/APL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Hi Girlcat! Good to "see'you! I have used Lush shampoo bars but only their unscented one (don't remember the name, it was coconut based) for trips and such. It takes more manipulating of the hair for shampoo bars, both to wash and rinse well, and my hair uses that as an excuse to fall out. So I only used it for overnight trips and such, and not as a main shampoo. Regular shampoo bars don't play well with my hard water AND my hair falls out. So nope, no bars for me.

Your hair is looking very lovely in your siggy pic!

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    SL/APL/BSL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Sorry, double post!
    Last edited by Pat; March 11th, 2021 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Double post

Length
    SL/APL/BSL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Rags, What shampoo do you regularly use? My hair started thinning since I moved to Arizona 11 years ago ... after living there for 6 years I moved to Texas but same thing ... It falls out and does not grow back .... I think it might be the water and shampoo combo .... I am originally from Costa Rica, where the water is soft. I have lost like half of my hair. Doctors have checked my blood and I am ok...
    Last edited by Pat; March 11th, 2021 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Double post