Page 748 of 748 FirstFirst ... 248648698738746747748
Results 7,471 to 7,478 of 7478

Thread: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Length
    ChL/APL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Haircare routine advice wanted! I'm a bit lost. My 2a/b ii f hair is currently APL ish and I'm struggling with balancing keeping it hydrated enough and not making it greasy. Recently I went through a big stress related shed and since then I don't really have a clue anymore how to care for my thinner hair. Does anyone have suggestions?
    > Growing since 01-01-2018 <
    ChL - NL - SL- CBL- APL - BSL - WL - HL - TBL - CL

Length
    2/6/APL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Hi All, mine is very fine, particularly the front and canopy. I’m growing it out from a pixie. The top layer is now about 6”. This is just to ask anyone with fine hair how you coped with the layers at this stage because mine just looks like it’s been cut with a knife and fork now. Once it’s one length and blunt things should be better but gosh, that’s got to be another 12 months. I should say currently I’m doing it day by day. Any hints or tips for the ongoing layer grow out? Or just encouragement from your own growth journey would be good. Thanks.
    Iím looking forward to having long natural hair to style in a braid, bun or ponytail, so I never, ever, have to do battle with a bad cut or colour again. Freedom!

Length
    pixie/MTL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Hi All, mine is very fine, particularly the front and canopy. Iím growing it out from a pixie. The top layer is now about 6Ē. This is just to ask anyone with fine hair how you coped with the layers at this stage because mine just looks like itís been cut with a knife and fork now. Once itís one length and blunt things should be better but gosh, thatís got to be another 12 months. I should say currently Iím doing it day by day. Any hints or tips for the ongoing layer grow out? Or just encouragement from your own growth journey would be good. Thanks.
    I used tiny claw clips for the fringe and sometimes fancy bobbies spread around. Women always understood, but once a man asked me why I had so many pearls on my head.

Length
    2/6/APL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cg View Post
    I used tiny claw clips for the fringe and sometimes fancy bobbies spread around. Women always understood, but once a man asked me why I had so many pearls on my head.
    That’s hilarious Cg. Did you reply or just look mysterious? Good idea re claw clips. I’ll get some ordered. Gotta keep on keeping on! Feeling a bit buoyed, as my cousin said today my hair has grown. She’s pretty good with hair, so I’ve booked her in after Christmas for a mullet trim. She knows what half a inch is.
    Iím looking forward to having long natural hair to style in a braid, bun or ponytail, so I never, ever, have to do battle with a bad cut or colour again. Freedom!

Lainey I was always bothered by the layers growing out from a pixie, but I received compliments on how pretty they looked. Itís often said, but we are our own worst critics. I trimmed into a bob, but if I was growing out again, I would put it up and ignore the layers.

My daughterís hair has never been trimmed (apart from her fringe) and her hair now (aged nearly 5) has beautiful natural layers. It would be difficult to cut them into such a pretty shape, so I advocate leaving them be and seeing how you feel later!

Also, Iíve only just noticed that youíre in the UK! Me too.

óóó

For people asking about products, I think that it might be more beneficial to work out which routines work for your hair and scalp than for specific products. My hair needs moisture, which uses the opposite products to those intended for fine/thin hair.

An oil rinse (the ROO method) is great for retaining moisture without weighing the hair down. The oil is put in before conditioner, and then rinsed out. Certain oils seem to be particularly good for finer hair - avocado, hemp, jojoba, sweet almond oil. Having said that, Iíve recently started using olive oil from time to time, because it seems to add ďslipĒ (allowing the hairs to glide across each other).

If my hair needs an extra boost, I use a drop of oil at the end of a wash rather than an oil rinse. I tend to use hemp oil for this, because I know that it does not aggravate my skin.

Length
    2/6/APL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

[QUOTE=Lady Stardust;3827317]Lainey I was always bothered by the layers growing out from a pixie, but I received compliments on how pretty they looked. It’s often said, but we are our own worst critics. I trimmed into a bob, but if I was growing out again, I would put it up and ignore the layers.

My daughter’s hair has never been trimmed (apart from her fringe) and her hair now (aged nearly 5) has beautiful natural layers. It would be difficult to cut them into such a pretty shape, so I advocate leaving them be and seeing how you feel later!

Also, I’ve only just noticed that you’re in the UK! Me too.

Hi Lady Stardust, how nice that we are both in the uk. I’m going to compromise and just get a bit off the bottom occasionally so as to gradually get a blunter hem. My last mullet trim was July. It’s so great to have a thread for similar hair types, it’s just so helpful that a wealth of information is available. I’m not really complaining because in the scheme of things slightly untidy hair is nothing. It’s just a staging post on the journey. Thanks for your positivity.

[QUOTE=Lainey;3827318]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Lainey I was always bothered by the layers growing out from a pixie, but I received compliments on how pretty they looked. It’s often said, but we are our own worst critics. I trimmed into a bob, but if I was growing out again, I would put it up and ignore the layers.

My daughter’s hair has never been trimmed (apart from her fringe) and her hair now (aged nearly 5) has beautiful natural layers. It would be difficult to cut them into such a pretty shape, so I advocate leaving them be and seeing how you feel later!

Also, I’ve only just noticed that you’re in the UK! Me too.

Hi Lady Stardust, how nice that we are both in the uk. I’m going to compromise and just get a bit off the bottom occasionally so as to gradually get a blunter hem. My last mullet trim was July. It’s so great to have a thread for similar hair types, it’s just so helpful that a wealth of information is available. I’m not really complaining because in the scheme of things slightly untidy hair is nothing. It’s just a staging post on the journey. Thanks for your positivity.
    That sounds like a good plan Lainey!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    For people asking about products, I think that it might be more beneficial to work out which routines work for your hair and scalp than for specific products. My hair needs moisture, which uses the opposite products to those intended for fine/thin hair.

An oil rinse (the ROO method) is great for retaining moisture without weighing the hair down. The oil is put in before conditioner, and then rinsed out. Certain oils seem to be particularly good for finer hair - avocado, hemp, jojoba, sweet almond oil. Having said that, Iíve recently started using olive oil from time to time, because it seems to add ďslipĒ (allowing the hairs to glide across each other).

If my hair needs an extra boost, I use a drop of oil at the end of a wash rather than an oil rinse. I tend to use hemp oil for this, because I know that it does not aggravate my skin.
    So ok... I guess the fact is... I donít know because I never paid attention and I ever had hair long enough where it mattered... that said, I donít feel like I ever had a problem with any shampoos really. As for conditioners, a lot of the ones for ďfine/thinĒ hair were so light, they hardly seemed like conditioners at all. I need conditioners that help with detangling and actually conditioning. And Iím a total newbie and donít understand the lingo well enough yet (tbh) so Iím not sure what to look for. Then bring in this whole debate about sulfates or not or cones or not and my head is spinning. Does everyone just try everything and just figure it out? If so, Iíll start there I guess.
    Just not sure where to start though the only issue I have with my current stash is simply that my hair feels dryer (bottom 2/3) the second day so thatís when I feel I may (?) need oil.
    Anyhow, generally speaking, I donít have any scalp issues and I would just like to grow healthy shiny (fine, thin) hair

Thanks for your help.