Page 739 of 741 FirstFirst ... 239639689729737738739740741 LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,390 of 7402

Thread: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

  1. #7381
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    49,677
    Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by maryalana View Post
    Just popping in to see if anyone has advice to offer on protective updos. My hair is fine, straight, slippery and not helped by the bangs I cut last year. I'm starting to get splits from mechanical damage and need a new go-to style for work. My hair *should* be long enough for a lot of great buns and such but a lot of styles don't really work because it's so thin.
    Peacock twist, and if it's too long, a log roll (that is such a pretty style).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  2. #7382
    Member maryalana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    65
    Length
    11/31/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

    Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

    Those are both so pretty! Going to try the log roll tomorrow.

    My hair is a bit of an escape artist but I've been practising and think I can get all my ends under the clip

  3. #7383
    Easily Enabled rags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Back of beyond
    Posts
    7,244
    Length
    ?/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

    Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

    UP Lisa, with my bangs the only way that worked with me was to get them cut in a very specific way - and often! I've found ONE hairdresser who can cut them properly, and they just magically stay out of my face (side-swept, but just barely below my eyebrow. Any lower and its not happening).

    This is one reason my bangs are currently almost to my chin. If I didn't keep them cut every three weeks, chaos ensued. Hairspray used to work for me, but nowadays my asthma is too bad to use it(plus my bangs are all silvers, and want to break off anyway - I'm not adding hairspray into the mix!).

    ~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

  4. #7384
    Member UP Lisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Michigan-Upper Peninsula
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,945
    Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

    Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rags View Post
    UP Lisa, with my bangs the only way that worked with me was to get them cut in a very specific way - and often! I've found ONE hairdresser who can cut them properly, and they just magically stay out of my face (side-swept, but just barely below my eyebrow. Any lower and its not happening).

    This is one reason my bangs are currently almost to my chin. If I didn't keep them cut every three weeks, chaos ensued. Hairspray used to work for me, but nowadays my asthma is too bad to use it(plus my bangs are all silvers, and want to break off anyway - I'm not adding hairspray into the mix!).
    I don't really like the way side swept looks on me, so I've just got them blunt cut above the eyebrows. They stay together better when shorter.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

    2b-F-ii

  5. #7385
    Easily Enabled rags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Back of beyond
    Posts
    7,244
    Length
    ?/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

    Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by UP Lisa View Post
    I don't really like the way side swept looks on me, so I've just got them blunt cut above the eyebrows. They stay together better when shorter.
    Yeah, mine ended up looking too thin that way; yet another reason I am growing them out (plus I have no energy to go to the hairdressers any more!). I have a couple of cowlicks that make it impossible for me to wear mine blunt cut though. I used to use mousse, as you are already doing, or just clip them back if they were bugging me. Sorry I'm not more help!

    ~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

  6. #7386
    Member UP Lisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Michigan-Upper Peninsula
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,945
    Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

    Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rags View Post
    Yeah, mine ended up looking too thin that way; yet another reason I am growing them out (plus I have no energy to go to the hairdressers any more!). I have a couple of cowlicks that make it impossible for me to wear mine blunt cut though. I used to use mousse, as you are already doing, or just clip them back if they were bugging me. Sorry I'm not more help!
    Well, I don't have the cowlicks, at least!
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

    2b-F-ii

  7. #7387

    Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

    Hi everyone, I just don't understand what is my hair going through right now. I have always had super fine and thin hair but this Spring has been the worst ever.

    Around March, my hair started to fall big time. I lost over 130 strands per day and that kept going until the end of May. I'm still losing a lot of hair, but is has slightly diminished. But now, my thin hair is very uneven. There is frizz everywhere, especially where I tie my ponytail (I use silk scrunchie only). I'm this close giving up and chopping it to ear length. I used to have even hair with no frizz and now it is the thinnest and frizziest it has ever been. I had my blood tested one year ago due thinning hair but there was nothing alarming.

    I know that this might be just a transformation phase where new hair is growing as I lost so much but still, it is SO frustrating. And I think that is mostly damage from the ponytail. I just don't feel confident to keep my hair open...


  8. #7388
    Member UP Lisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Michigan-Upper Peninsula
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,945
    Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

    Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

    How does it look further down? Do you have damage from coloring?
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

    2b-F-ii

  9. #7389

    Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by UP Lisa View Post
    How does it look further down? Do you have damage from coloring?
    Hi Lisa, my hair is in collarbone length and it looks pretty much the same as the middle part. Ends look especially thin because there are so many uneven strands. Actually, I don't color my hair, that's all natural.

  10. #7390
    Member sillyme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    104
    Length
    Pixie/SL/CB
    Type
    1b/F/ii

    Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

    I think you're probably right about it being regrowth from your recent shed. I know that whenever I have short hairs, whether from breakage or new growth, they stick out through the longer lengths. I assume it is just another peril of having fine hair, but it drives me crazy!

    Your hair looks healthy (and so pretty) otherwise, and it would be a shame to cut it. Have you tried deep conditioning?

    Hopefully, it is just a temporary problem and will get better as the shorter hairs grow out. It's encouraging that your hair loss has slowed down. Too bad you weren't able to find out what caused the loss. One thing doctors don't always check, but that can cause hair loss, is hormones becoming unbalanced. And that can happen for several different reasons, childbirth, menopause, etc...

    I'm sure you're not the first on this site to have encountered this problem, and everyone here is so good about helping others with their problems. I'll follow along because I'm interested in what others have to say.

    Good luck, sweetie.
    Last edited by sillyme; June 18th, 2019 at 02:17 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •