View Poll Results: Would you wear rollers to the airport?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, wholeheartledly. I wouldn't even cover them up.

10 5.75%
  • Yes, though a kerchief or bandana or hat would be necessary.

32 18.39%
  • You could not pay me enough.

113 64.94%
  • My hair is already curly/I dislike my hair when it is curled.

19 10.92%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you wear rollers to the airport?

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Would you wear rollers to the airport?

I wouldn't. Besides not liking to go out looking in shambles, when I'm getting off a plane to see my sweetie, I want to go run over and see my sweetie! Not keep him waiting around while I futz about in some yucky airport bathroom!

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    1.5/30?/longr
    Type
    2b/M/iii

No. I donīt use rollers, but if I did, Iīd not be seen outside the house with them on.

Length
    AP/TB/~W/???
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    I wouldn't. Besides not liking to go out looking in shambles, when I'm getting off a plane to see my sweetie, I want to go run over and see my sweetie! Not keep him waiting around while I futz about in some yucky airport bathroom!
    Oh, if I wore them, I'd totes take them out a bit before landing. Not within the last few minutes, but maybe a half-hour before, or so. The person next to me could eat a deck, if they are displeased.

I guess I'm more self-conscious about the hour and a half or so beforehand that people will have to gawk. If I can find a nice head scarf, I'm definitely going to be brave and do it.

Length
    pixie/pixie/44
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by venividibxtchy View Post
    Oh, if I wore them, I'd totes take them out a bit before landing. Not within the last few minutes, but maybe a half-hour before, or so. The person next to me could eat a deck, if they are displeased.

I guess I'm more self-conscious about the hour and a half or so beforehand that people will have to gawk. If I can find a nice head scarf, I'm definitely going to be brave and do it.
    Good luck to you and hope you have a nice trip.
    after henna, no 'cones, no sulfates, my hair no longer tries to strangle me in my sleep. I guess we can be friends now.
    Google+

Length
    13/hip/?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Would you go out with a facial on your face? This somehow seems equivalent - I mean, if you can cover it in such a way that nobody can tell you're doing something to your hair, then that's different (like the winter hat example).

Instead, I'd wait until your hair is 90% dry before you leave, then do one damp bun on your crown - you can hold it with little clippies, which should be fairly security safe. The dry, recycled airplane air should dry the other 10% while you're on the way. Damp bunning always gives me nice wavies. Also, this looks like a style you did on purpose.

Another thing to consider - if you can't rest your head comfortably for that many hours, you're likely to arrive somewhat crankier and more tired than you would otherwise.

Metal in your hair can totally set off the metal detector - I got taken aside once on account for my barrette.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by venividibxtchy View Post

I'm pretty sure if I tried that, the person sitting next to me would be very displeased indeed! There is no way I'd be able to avoid invading their space trying to get the rollers out, or spaces if I was in a middle seat.

I would practise to make sure you can unroll them in such tight quarters to make sure you don't accidentally elbow your seatmate(s) in the eye

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    1/35/40

wet set it the night before on sponge rollers and take them out on the way to the airport!
    Jim

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I wouldn't wear rollers to the airport. But then again, I wouldn't wear rollers to the laundromat. I don't like rollers. At. All.

Rag curls with a buff over top, maybe.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    18"/BSL/term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

i'd have no issues wearing them in public. Although, I agree that you might have an issue at the airport.

I would take them out on the way, and then put them up in a kerchief to keep them from getting mashed on the ride.

I actually went out last saturday with a head full of pin curls with a kerchief over them to the hardware store. DH said it was very Rosie the Riveter! LOL! I guess from going to photoshoots with them in, Im not embarrassed any more to wear them out.
    Sail Away where no ball and chain can keep us from the roaring waves Captain Adiranna Brightwing of the Flame-Sailed Ship in the Order of the long Haired Knights

Length
    -/-/-
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I wouldn't feel dressed if I wore rollers in public. But if I really wanted curly hair I might consider plopping/plunking and cover that up with something like a bandana or hat. I figure it would be comfy and could look kind of nice if covered properly.