Page 1178 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 17867810781128116811761177117811791180118812281278 ... LastLast
Results 11,771 to 11,780 of 13031

Thread: Armpit | Midback

Length
    3.9/24/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: from APL to BSL come grow with me!

paulownia welcome! Your waves/curls are looking so lovely!
    Stardreamer congrats and happy further growing!
    luluj hahaha that is the beauty of milestones :P each is a new beginning. Welcome!
    Don't regret the chop, but now I want to see how long it can get

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: from APL to BSL come grow with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I think I missed your post before, welcome to the thread!

Yay luluj!! Congratulations You look like you’re a little past APL, especially with your lovely curls. Your hair looks stunning as ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexana View Post
    paulownia welcome! Your waves/curls are looking so lovely!
    Stardreamer congrats and happy further growing!
    luluj hahaha that is the beauty of milestones :P each is a new beginning. Welcome!
    Lady Stardust and Hexana, Thank-you!!

I am SO happy to be here!

I think I am indeed a little past APL, I just wanted to be sure before calling it.

New Beginnings, here I go.

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Lady Stardust and Hexana, Thank-you!!

I am SO happy to be here!

I think I am indeed a little past APL, I just wanted to be sure before calling it.

New Beginnings, here I go.
    I’m so pleased because I know this has been such an important milestone for you, and the start of next step You have done so well to stay focused on your goal.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I’m so pleased because I know this has been such an important milestone for you, and the start of next step You have done so well to stay focused on your goal.
    You have been wonderfully supportive Lady Stardust and I am truly grateful for your encouragement. Thank-you.

I am going to sit here and enjoy my hair at this length for a while. BSL is a ways away and I will relax and enjoy the trip. We are in a strict lockdown until May 20th and I am in the no trim challenge, so no trimming in the near future. I won't trim myself, due to the layers, I want to keep them.

I do hope you are enjoying your lovely hair.

You have been wonderfully supportive Lady Stardust and I am truly grateful for your encouragement. Thank-you.

I am going to sit here and enjoy my hair at this length for a while. BSL is a ways away and I will relax and enjoy the trip. We are in a strict lockdown until May 20th and I am in the no trim challenge, so no trimming in the near future. I won't trim myself, due to the layers, I want to keep them.

I do hope you are enjoying your lovely hair.
    Oh thank you luluj It’s so lovely that we can help each other here. You have always cheered me on.

Well lockdown certainly helps with no trims if you’re after a professional cut We’re just coming out of strict lockdown here, my husband can’t wait to get to the hairdresser!

I am enjoying my hair, thank you so much for the compliment! The ends are bugging me and I want them to go, but mostly I’m in a happy routine where I don’t worry about it too much. I’ve stopped measuring, I just want to go with the flow and see what happens. Sometimes that’s easier said than done, but generally hair stuff is going well.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Oh thank you luluj It’s so lovely that we can help each other here. You have always cheered me on.

Well lockdown certainly helps with no trims if you’re after a professional cut We’re just coming out of strict lockdown here, my husband can’t wait to get to the hairdresser!

I am enjoying my hair, thank you so much for the compliment! The ends are bugging me and I want them to go, but mostly I’m in a happy routine where I don’t worry about it too much. I’ve stopped measuring, I just want to go with the flow and see what happens. Sometimes that’s easier said than done, but generally hair stuff is going well.
    You are welcome! There is strength in numbers, as they say, and we are fortunate to have so many strong members to lean on here at TLHC.

I know how your husband feels, a pampering visit to the salon can feel great. I take the clippers to my husband and leave him hair free, lol! He likes his head shaved and it really suits him.

Ah, the ends, I get it. We both seem to like the feel and look of freshly trimmed ends. Mine will be trimmed as soon as it is possible. As long as you are happy and not worrying about it, the more you will enjoy your hair. Going with the flow is my plan, like you. Great minds think alike, it seems.

You are welcome! There is strength in numbers, as they say, and we are fortunate to have so many strong members to lean on here at TLHC.

I know how your husband feels, a pampering visit to the salon can feel great. I take the clippers to my husband and leave him hair free, lol! He likes his head shaved and it really suits him.

Ah, the ends, I get it. We both seem to like the feel and look of freshly trimmed ends. Mine will be trimmed as soon as it is possible. As long as you are happy and not worrying about it, the more you will enjoy your hair. Going with the flow is my plan, like you. Great minds think alike, it seems.
    Yes there’s a great deal of support here, and there’s always something to learn.

My issue with my ends is due to the remainder of henna in my hair, and that’s also the part that was heat damaged at the hair dresser (she used a straightener 3 or 4 times, with heat protectant, when my hair was around chin length. I didn’t worry too much at the time, but now I know the impact!). There are some little splits in the bottom 4 inches or so, but not at the hemline so I don’t want to chop them out. My plan is to trim them away slowly, and that way I keep the fresh ends I like too I’m trying to S&D but it’s not easy at the moment, hopefully it will be easier when my hair is longer.

I like this length a lot though so it’s definitely a fun part of the growing process, for me. I’ve found that babassu oil makes my hair feel lovely, and never over oiled, and that is helping me to ignore the damaged ends. I’m also in a better habit of wearing my hair up now. If I leave it down I start inspecting the ends and getting annoyed.

Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

I think I missed your post before, welcome to the thread!
    Thank you Lady Stardust, I'm happy to have gotten this far, but more importantly that I'm growing out healthy, undamaged hair, even if it is taking so long!

I actually may have never decided to grow my hair long pre-covid, because I enjoyed my regular trims too much but now I've embraced it and I love the journey.

For any wavies or curlies here, how do you measure your hair to see when it has reached BSL? Wet or dry? I think I lose an inch or two because of my waves, but when it's wet I'm really noticing how long it's getting.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by maddie9 View Post
    Thank you Lady Stardust, I'm happy to have gotten this far, but more importantly that I'm growing out healthy, undamaged hair, even if it is taking so long!

I actually may have never decided to grow my hair long pre-covid, because I enjoyed my regular trims too much but now I've embraced it and I love the journey.

For any wavies or curlies here, how do you measure your hair to see when it has reached BSL? Wet or dry? I think I lose an inch or two because of my waves, but when it's wet I'm really noticing how long it's getting.
    I called it dry and in its natural wavy state

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Yes there’s a great deal of support here, and there’s always something to learn.

My issue with my ends is due to the remainder of henna in my hair, and that’s also the part that was heat damaged at the hair dresser (she used a straightener 3 or 4 times, with heat protectant, when my hair was around chin length. I didn’t worry too much at the time, but now I know the impact!). There are some little splits in the bottom 4 inches or so, but not at the hemline so I don’t want to chop them out. My plan is to trim them away slowly, and that way I keep the fresh ends I like too I’m trying to S&D but it’s not easy at the moment, hopefully it will be easier when my hair is longer.

I like this length a lot though so it’s definitely a fun part of the growing process, for me. I’ve found that babassu oil makes my hair feel lovely, and never over oiled, and that is helping me to ignore the damaged ends. I’m also in a better habit of wearing my hair up now. If I leave it down I start inspecting the ends and getting annoyed.
    Your plan is a sound one, Lady Stardust. S&D is something I have never done, even trimming my own ends, although doable, is not something I do all of the time. Liking your length is 99% of the whole journey! I like my current length, also. As long as we are having fun and enjoying the growing progress then it is a journey worth taking.