Page 1201 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 20170111011151119111991200120112021203 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,010 of 12066

Thread: from APL to MBL come grow with me!

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: from APL to MBL come grow with me!

Quote Originally Posted by FaeBroom View Post
    I think I'm brushing MBL?? (I was so confused when I saw the title change, but bras are indeed torture devices and I find measuring up against them confusing, so I'm def not mad about the change! Happy to be inclusive as well.)

I feel like my towel might up up too high, I tried to get it as straight across under my breasts as possible. And then sit up and hold my head as straight as possible. Pictures are not easy for me lol. Nevertheless I will wait a few months to call it, my hemline is pretty uneven.

Uncooperative light and I gave up on the towel... I think I may just call it because I called APL in March and I feel like 6 months is a long enough time considering APL to MBL on me is only about 3 inches if I remember correctly (I'm fun sized). I'll post my APL picture here for comparison, if anyone has an opinions.

Blue line marks APL, I was a little past it, but of course I like to wait just to be sure.

Length
    CHIN/APL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Hello! I hope you're doing great with growing your hair out! I just wanted to come by and say I really dislike this hair length haha.
    I am frustrated. Of course I don't want to cut my hair but maybe you have any idea how to survive this phase of "medium lenght hair"? I feel bland

Uncooperative light and I gave up on the towel... I think I may just call it because I called APL in March and I feel like 6 months is a long enough time considering APL to MBL on me is only about 3 inches if I remember correctly (I'm fun sized). I'll post my APL picture here for comparison, if anyone has an opinions.

Blue line marks APL, I was a little past it, but of course I like to wait just to be sure.
    Thatís definitely MBL! Congratulations!

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Metal

Looks closer to bsl to me!

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GoddesJourney View Post
    I'm sorry. That's very frustrating. I've done exactly that more than once so I get how you might feel. At least with hair we can just wait out our mistakes. I know it's of little consolation. I know you were already frustrated with your hair and its difficult behavior. Hugs.
    I also offer my condolences it's so easy to make mistakes, give your hair a little pampering and try to go easy on yourself. The layers may need a few weeks to "settle in" as well, maybe if you give it a little time you'll be happier.
    Thank you both. Yeah it's been a rough hair few months or whatever. I'm almost at a year of no heat so I tried to cut my hair in it's natural state... TERRIBLE idea, even on wet hair. Lesson learned.

I also am hoping they "settle", currently they look choppy and I have twice as much frizz. With cold weather coming I need to just put it away anyways.

Hugs and I'll hang in there....

Length
    Buzz/APL!/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

That looks MBL to me!!!
    Hit APL way earlier than expected!
    Heading down to MBL! Goal is classic+
    Art Blog on WordPress

Length
    Buzz/APL!/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Thank you both. Yeah it's been a rough hair few months or whatever. I'm almost at a year of no heat so I tried to cut my hair in it's natural state... TERRIBLE idea, even on wet hair. Lesson learned.

I also am hoping they "settle", currently they look choppy and I have twice as much frizz. With cold weather coming I need to just put it away anyways.

Hugs and I'll hang in there....
    Yeah I think the layers probably will settle, and then you can just get smaller trims rather than chopping it all off I think!!
    One of the best perks of winter is just throwing it all up into a nice satiny beanie and forgetting about it until the flowers bloom again LOL!!
    Art Blog on WordPress

Length
    Buzz/APL!/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by firewerky View Post
    Hello! I hope you're doing great with growing your hair out! I just wanted to come by and say I really dislike this hair length haha.
    I am frustrated. Of course I don't want to cut my hair but maybe you have any idea how to survive this phase of "medium lenght hair"? I feel bland
    This is a great time for braids and updos! Have you tried french or dutch braids? I like to do them on freshly washed hair that only JUST dried, and then leaving it in as long as possible... amazing braid waves!
    I promise that this too shall pass! I felt very similarly when I was growing between neck length and APL, but now I've gotten to the point that I don't really care if I am "bland" because it'll be SO worth it in the end
    Just keep your eyes on the prize, and practice "benign neglect". +Remember that you are so much more interesting than your hair, anyway! That goes for all of us here!
    When you're an active member of a hair forum it's really easy to get so caught up in your hair that you tie your self-worth to it, but you're just as worthy whether your hair is a buzz cut or to the floor.
    Art Blog on WordPress

Length
    CHIN/APL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    This is a great time for braids and updos! Have you tried french or dutch braids? I like to do them on freshly washed hair that only JUST dried, and then leaving it in as long as possible... amazing braid waves!
    I promise that this too shall pass! I felt very similarly when I was growing between neck length and APL, but now I've gotten to the point that I don't really care if I am "bland" because it'll be SO worth it in the end
    Just keep your eyes on the prize, and practice "benign neglect". +Remember that you are so much more interesting than your hair, anyway! That goes for all of us here!
    When you're an active member of a hair forum it's really easy to get so caught up in your hair that you tie your self-worth to it, but you're just as worthy whether your hair is a buzz cut or to the floor.

I wear a lot of braids because of my work. Maybe I have to much time right now so I'm just looking for problems haha. Thank you so much, your words make me really happy and definitely more calm than before. I think I had just a little break down before haha

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    Yeah I think the layers probably will settle, and then you can just get smaller trims rather than chopping it all off I think!!
    One of the best perks of winter is just throwing it all up into a nice satiny beanie and forgetting about it until the flowers bloom again LOL!!
    Satiny beanie, you say? Sounds like it's time for me to do some shopping I could use some more head coverings in general!