Page 1198 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 19869810981148118811961197119811991200 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,980 of 12066

Thread: from APL to MBL come grow with me!

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: from APL to MBL come grow with me!

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Even if you decide to stay at a shorter length, why leave? I don't think this forum is meant only for those who are growing to long lengths, but as a hair care information resource as well and ofc just to chat about it. I still haven't decided if I want to grow past MBL, and I donít think that's even considered long to most here anyway
    Leaving would be due to just feeling bad I guess. While it's motivating to look at other long hair, there's also the knowledge that my hair is not like most hair on this forum and it's not realistic to have hair goals based on the members here

Length
    APL/APL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Leaving would be due to just feeling bad I guess. While it's motivating to look at other long hair, there's also the knowledge that my hair is not like most hair on this forum and it's not realistic to have hair goals based on the members here
    Try not to compare your hair to others. I know we all have the same thought in the back of our head sometimes that says I wish, I want, but know is unrealistic for us. You might haven't found the right routine, or maybe you need frequent trims and more patience. Think, your hair might actually be another person's goal because it is. We all want what we canít have, and that goes for anything. My hair isn't what I dream about, but I learn to accept it and have fun with it even through all the awkward growing phases. And judging by your album pics, I think your hair looks very beautiful

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I'm considering giving up on growing my hair out due to non stop knots and splits. I've trimmed some but my hair is still do rough and tangled. I notice I have a lot of protein in my products, so I'm going to rotate to only protein and coconut oil free products and see if there is a change. If not, I will likely opt to keep my hair short and decide whether or not I want to stay on this forum. Might be better to just give up on hair altogether.
    I think your hair look good at every length, including shorter ones. But I'd not give up on it completely!
    My hair just knots and tangles. I've just given up the idea of it's texture getting more cooperative, and I just get rid of the splits with regular dustings. Maybe It could work for you too? I use a creaclip and it's fairly easy not to cut too much.

Protein can really wreck havoc in my hair, so I think there may be a good chance of things improving without them! Another idea is to check for mineral build up
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    2/SL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Hi all! I just checked my length today and I'm at APL, so I guess I qualify for this thread now! Onward and length-ward!

Length
    17.5/21/27
    Type
    4a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by meepster View Post
    Hi all! I just checked my length today and I'm at APL, so I guess I qualify for this thread now! Onward and length-ward!
    Congrats & good luck! Happy growing!

Length
    Ears/APL/BCL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Its so hard not to compare our hair to everyone else's, but just because it doesn't look like some of the years long long-hairs on this forum does not mean that it can't be beautiful. There are many stops along the road to long hair, or even just healthier hair, and they don't look the same for everyone. Have you tried looking at different threads here for different hair textures (curly, kinky, etc?), and/or growing needs (damaged hair, previously colored hair, tangly hair, etc?) So many people here are in the same boat, I promise you that you aren't alone struggling to get the hair you imagine. I struggle now and have always struggled at not comparing my hair to others', because I have a mixture of patterns and everyone seems either to have more straight or more curly hair than mine. I'm sure that most can relate to feeling that way, especially when they start out on their long/healthy hair journey.
    Ear Length - Shoulder Length - Arm Pit Length - Mid Back Length - Waist Length -Hip Length- Butt Crack Length? Tailbone Length? No idea where I'll stop!

Length
    2/SL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

You haven't seen my hair. I am experiencing a password memory lapse so I can't figure out how to post a picture right now, but I assure you that your hair is millions of times more presentable than mine. If I tie it up in a bun and slick it down with a ton of product, it may look kinda sorta decent, but usually, it's a frizzy, salt-and-pepper mess.

Yours can't possibly be as bad as mine.

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I'm considering giving up on growing my hair out due to non stop knots and splits. I've trimmed some but my hair is still do rough and tangled. I notice I have a lot of protein in my products, so I'm going to rotate to only protein and coconut oil free products and see if there is a change. If not, I will likely opt to keep my hair short and decide whether or not I want to stay on this forum. Might be better to just give up on hair altogether.
    I'm sorry you feel this way I hope you hold on though, your hair type is so beautiful, I would kill to have half the texture you do. But I think it's smart to rotate the products and decide from there.

Every time I give up on my hair I regret it, so in my own personal experience, cutting only results in regret. The long hair itch comes back sooner or later, and then I wish I hadn't cut.

Type
    1b/F/ii

(deleted post)
    Last edited by Death-Within-Me; September 22nd, 2021 at 03:44 PM.
    ☼ ☽ CL - SL - CLBL - APL - MBL - WL ☾ ☼ [Daily Washer]
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/4c31052f39292da0755eb7045d2d61a5/13ae058dddb3aeee-07/s2048x3072/5533b03a6952517bda2c434d149d8ee3f97eaeb9.jpg

Length
    APL/APL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Actually I'll wait a while longer before I call it, but here's a bi ish monthly check in

July 5th vs September 22nd

Last edited by JasminxCat; September 22nd, 2021 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Being indecisive