Page 1179 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 17967910791129116911771178117911801181 ... LastLast
Results 11,781 to 11,790 of 11818

Thread: from APL to BSL come grow with me!

Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: from APL to BSL come grow with me!

Quote Originally Posted by maddie9 View Post
    Thank you Lady Stardust, I'm happy to have gotten this far, but more importantly that I'm growing out healthy, undamaged hair, even if it is taking so long!

I actually may have never decided to grow my hair long pre-covid, because I enjoyed my regular trims too much but now I've embraced it and I love the journey.

For any wavies or curlies here, how do you measure your hair to see when it has reached BSL? Wet or dry? I think I lose an inch or two because of my waves, but when it's wet I'm really noticing how long it's getting.
    Hello, maddie9.

I am a wavy/curly and I like to measure wet for accuracy. This is my actual length pulled nice and straight. When calling a milestone, like my recent APL, I like to wait until it is there, curly.

~ Lady Bendis of the Silverlight Strands in the Order of the Longhaired Knights ~

some out of the way corner of the universe
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: from APL to BSL come grow with me!

Hi everyone! I'm a newcomer in this thread and I can't put into words how excited I am finally reaching the APL milestone and being here. The photo shows my current length and if I measured correctly, BSL (ie. the underboob length) is 11 cm so I'll be here for about a year or so.

CL/SL/APL/BSL/WL
    123456 months since trimming

Congratulations tekla, welcome to the thread! Your hair looks lovely, so healthy!

Type
    1c/M/ii

Thank you Lady Stardust!
    CL/SL/APL/BSL/WL

Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tekla View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm a newcomer in this thread and I can't put into words how excited I am finally reaching the APL milestone and being here. The photo shows my current length and if I measured correctly, BSL (ie. the underboob length) is 11 cm so I'll be here for about a year or so.

Welcome, tekla! I'm new, also, so yes, another year! Here we go!

~ Lady Bendis of the Silverlight Strands in the Order of the Longhaired Knights ~

Length
    Chin/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Lovely to see you here Tekla AND luluj and ! (I completely lost track of this thread...)

So happpy to see more activity on this thread.

I'm going back and forth in trying to decide whether I want to trim an inch or so in July, or whether I only want to dust the ends and keep growing. The last 4 inches of my hair are so damaged and annoying, not to mention the layers that just refuse to behave. But I also really want to get a bit more length, it's still too short for a lot of braids and buns. On the bright side, there isn't really a wrong choice. Not that that stops me from obsessing about it
    CL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - ??
    1 year dye-free!

Type
    1c/M/ii

Thank for the welcomes, luluj and NicoleLionne!

NicoleLionne, I'm having similar thoughts. I have shorter layers in the front and some really damaged sections here and there that I'd like to see gone but I also want to gain length. I already booked a trim for July but might cancel it, we'll see. Maybe cutting off half an inch or so would be a compromise for now.
    CL/SL/APL/BSL/WL

Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLionne View Post
    Lovely to see you here Tekla AND luluj and ! (I completely lost track of this thread...)

So happpy to see more activity on this thread.

I'm going back and forth in trying to decide whether I want to trim an inch or so in July, or whether I only want to dust the ends and keep growing. The last 4 inches of my hair are so damaged and annoying, not to mention the layers that just refuse to behave. But I also really want to get a bit more length, it's still too short for a lot of braids and buns. On the bright side, there isn't really a wrong choice. Not that that stops me from obsessing about it
    Thank-you! I am so happy to be here!

I could not agree more, there really isn't a wrong choice, at all. Ha Ha, the obsessing part seems to be a universal activity, here, even though I like to think I am not doing this. I am doing it!

Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tekla View Post
    Thank for the welcomes, luluj and NicoleLionne!

NicoleLionne, I'm having similar thoughts. I have shorter layers in the front and some really damaged sections here and there that I'd like to see gone but I also want to gain length. I already booked a trim for July but might cancel it, we'll see. Maybe cutting off half an inch or so would be a compromise for now.
    You are welcome, tekla.

July is a little ways off, yet. Getting a trim always feels so nice, I am planning to trim my ends, also.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I'm still not making any progress and I'm not sure why. No heat, no dye, protective styling, keeping my scalp clean. Just can't seem to get more than half an inch past apl :/