Page 1128 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 128628102810781118112611271128112911301138 ... LastLast
Results 11,271 to 11,280 of 11381

Thread: from APL to BSL come grow with me!

Length
    15/24/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Default Re: from APL to BSL come grow with me!

I'm seeing a bit of hair tie breakage in my hair... Which is sad as the only thing I use is a soft scrunchie as a hair tie but I guess my fine hair can't handle those either... It's just that at night I usually did a low ponytail and often also during daytime as it was quick and easy and for most buns my hair is too short and thick. And for a braid as well.. as with a braid after a bit of time some pieces fall out into my face and it annoys me.. the only bun I could do was a cinnibun with a fork but still lots of hair will be sticking out and sometimes if I use a simple smooth fork the fork also tends to slide out (fine, slippery and thick hair problems I guess?).. does anyone else have issues with finding a go-to quick and easy hairstyle at this length? And do you have ideas? I don't want to use my scrunchie anymore but I can't let my hair loose at night either I guess.. at daytime I'll try to use mostly buns from now on but what about nighttime?
    16.APL.23.24.25.BSL.27.28.29.WL
    .31.32.33.TB.34.35.36.37.38.HIP
    .39.40.41.42.43.CL...FTL

Length
    CBL/APL/FTL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I've reached BSL! A little past the top of the band depending on what bra I wear. I will stay in this thread until I've reached the bortom though. Not that I'm very active nowadays.

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Congrats, Aerya!!

Now you are at the crossroads of your life and all your roads lead to strange places

🦉

Length
    CBL/APL/FTL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    Congrats, Aerya!!
    Thank you! It feels great - I'm fairly certain I'm about the same length now as before I started wrecking it with bleach and eventually had to chop. I mean, I'm kinda 'meh' about all things hair these days (but not in a scissor-happy kind of way) but every now and then I realize that I'm past the super awkward stage and I don't have to deal with that ever again if I don't want to (knock on wood!)

Length
    15/24/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    I've reached BSL! A little past the top of the band depending on what bra I wear. I will stay in this thread until I've reached the bortom though. Not that I'm very active nowadays.
    Yay! Congrats!!
    .39.40.41.42.43.CL...FTL

Length
    CL/23/30
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Waveurly View Post
    Congrats! Of course you still have to get your trim. So the official congrats should be later of course! I'd try to be super clear about how much they can trim off. Even though it is sometimes difficult. That's why I don't go anymore and trim myself as I'm not willing to take the risk anymore but I suppose if you're really clear they should respect your request!
    Thank you! I'm back down again now unfortunately. My hairdresser is my cousin and always shows me exactly what she is going to trim, so she definitely can't be blamed for any loss!

My ends feel amazing now, and I measured at 23" after the trim so I've lost around 3" (although as I was barely brushing 26" beforehand it's probably closer to 2.5 inches lost??) which is more than I wanted but I really value having a thick hemline so I just told her to do what it needed to get that! I didn't have split ends but my ends had thinned out over the course of 10 months and multiple hair dyes.

No one else has noticed any loss of length and you can't really tell when I wear my hair natural (990% of the time), but of course I'm super eager to regain those 3 inches and get to a solid BSL.

Hoping to not trim at all in 2020, and also not do any dying!

Congratulations!!
    Next goal: 26" - BSL!

Length
    APL/TBL/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

congrats! yay!

Length
    15/24/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Simpscone View Post
    Thank you! I'm back down again now unfortunately. My hairdresser is my cousin and always shows me exactly what she is going to trim, so she definitely can't be blamed for any loss!

My ends feel amazing now, and I measured at 23" after the trim so I've lost around 3" (although as I was barely brushing 26" beforehand it's probably closer to 2.5 inches lost??) which is more than I wanted but I really value having a thick hemline so I just told her to do what it needed to get that! I didn't have split ends but my ends had thinned out over the course of 10 months and multiple hair dyes.

No one else has noticed any loss of length and you can't really tell when I wear my hair natural (990% of the time), but of course I'm super eager to regain those 3 inches and get to a solid BSL.

Hoping to not trim at all in 2020, and also not do any dying!

I can imagine this was a bit more length taken off as you wanted, it is nice to have fresh ends and a thick hemline at least! I'm assuming you won't be trimming a lot for a while? Hopefully you regain those 3 inches quickly!

Edit: my tired brain... I just saw you do not plan on trimming the next year
    .39.40.41.42.43.CL...FTL

Length
    ChL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Yaay i bet this feels so good!

Length
    APL/APL/MBL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Waveurly View Post
    Welcome back! But wow what did you do to your hair? It's looking so good and shiny! Your hair did grow back pretty quick, at least from my point of view
    Ohh I just saw this. Dang! 20 days late.
    Thank you so much! I think it grew average to fast haha.
    I really didn't do anything except I trimmed it so I suppose the dryish ends are gone, but I think it is healthy lol.

9 months